QC Makeup Academy or University of Makeup .. has anyone done these classes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello fellow makeup lovers,

I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience in taking classes through either QC Makeup Academy or the University of Makeup.  Both of these are distance learning type of classes, with DVDs, books, kits, etc. 

I don't have many options where I live to attend a makeup academy/school and I just wanted to expand my options.

Thanks!

Hi my name is sheila but i go by micaela Rivera on facebook,i took the QC Makeup academy course 3 month ago and completed,and receive a gorgeous diploma,since i completed the course thing are going very good for me now im a master international makeup professional,i do bridals,photo-shoots,getting my work publish and also going to an orientation with Sephora this weekend i be working for them,this course really help me alot ther customer service is exceptional,the books and DVD you receive are very easy and they are full of knowlage,you do it at your own pace,and from home,they assigments are fun you will need models for your assigments and submite pictures of your work you will never get bored i think i finish my course if about 3 month once you start a unit you just want to finish it thats how good they are,after you submmite your assigments you get a voice file from your tutor letting you know what you did good and in what you need to get better,not to mention that when you enroll will receive a very awesome professional makeup kit i really recommended if you have any questions you can contact them or join them at there fan facebook page if you want to take a look at the diploma you will receive go to my page *edited by mod* artist hope this will help you and answer all your questions good luck...

Thank you so much Micaela! It's good to hear that you are actually working after this course. Tell me, how did you get these jobs? where they through your website through QC or word of mouth? Or other way of advertising?

Thanks!

Nope. I haven't tried those but I did use The Event Makeup Artist and loved it. Highly recommend it!!!

Hi my name is Anjeza and i just finished my Master Makeup course.It was amazing,lots to learn from.The materials you get are very informative and it will help you throughout your entire course.payment plans were great.And the convenience of studying from home makes it all worth it.I have a salon and by being there all the time there was no way to go back to school.Now i feel a lot more comfortable adding makeup to my service list.And it has improved my bridal business by a lot.Good luck to you.

Hi there. I was on my makeup geek site and I saw the qc makeup acadmey site. I am interested in it. But as of right now I go to a beauty school and the cost is pretty pricy. I wish I would have known about this sooner. Though I learn a lot in cosmo school, though my passion is makeup. I want to know how much is it for if I decide to enroll here. Money is my only issue for me wanting to do this, right now. So please get back to me, much appreciated

Yeah, and you registered just to tell us this? Right :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was looking for an online course but found nothing interesting and that doesn`t look like scam or it is not available in my country.

i was looking at doin one of the at home makeup course but my big thing is no one is there helping me and telling me what im doing wrong until u turn in an assignment which if i spend the money i dont want it to be for nuthing

They both seem like great schools, I will be new to the make up profession world but have been in love with make up since I can remember. I am stuck between the two. Is there anyone here that has gone to the University of make up as opposed to qc and if so why? Thanks

Since I live in New Jersey, and they mandate you get a license, I wrote QC. If you live in a state that requires you be licensed, QC will not be the right choice for you. I just "chatted" online with someone there, and this is what I was told:

Ashli ScaleOur school will not help you get your license in any way. To obtain your license you will have to take a full cosmetology course which is not what we offer. We offer certification courses in makeup. We do have many licensed students who take our course afterwards to gain more in-depth knowledge and advance their skills. We also have students who work in states that do not require licenses, which you can do with our certificate.

Uh huh, all the positive responses are from people who only have one post. I'm skeptical that it's not the company.

Back