Retail Therapy--what's your "drug"?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just posted a blog post about handling a rough day with a little "retail therapy" now and then:

https://www.makeuptalk.com/beautyblog/retail-therapy-whats-your-drug/

I figured I would put it out in the forum to collect comments as well.  When you are down, angry, flustered, just out of sorts... where do you head for a little "retail therapy"?  The drug store for a new lipstick? Nail polish? Hair accessory?  Perfume?  What about clothing stores.... new shoes? Jeans? Top? Jewelry?

Share with us:  What's your retail therapy "drug" of choice!!

Drugstores. TOTALLY drugstores. I get a huge thrill out of finding some cool little piece of retail therapy to soothe my nerves without breaking the bank! Actually found a nice darker fuchsia L'Oreal nail polish on clearance today for half price. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Anything... any time of shopping helps!!

However, if Im feeling frustrated over my weight - I tend to go shoe shopping mostly, because they never bloat, gain weight or grow! LOL!  They will always be a size 8!! LOL!

I find that mostly, it's buying new clothes - so fun leggings, tops, etc.

Online shopping has made it VERY easy for retail therapy. lol.

However, in store, I love going to Sephora or discount outlets and finding great deals on sale makeup - then, I feel like, it's not THAT bad, I got it on sale. lol.

Drugstores!!! I can get so much on so little. Rossmann (German drugstore), is the closest to me and my favorite. If I feel that I need a big purchase and something to make me happy I go to Douglas (German cosmetics), they span from affordable to expensive and to the backery around the corner and get a cheese pretzel (Kasebrezel). ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

American drugstores!  I never truly appreciated them until I moved to Japan and became a beauty blogger.  Every time I go home and go to a CVS, Duane Reade, Walgreens, or even the makeup section of Target, I go nuts!!  (mainly for nail polish, but I don't discriminate.  I love makeup :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

My therapy would have to be inexpensive stores like BigLots *blushes*. I get all my little cat statuettes from that store and you never know what you'll find!

For makeup, I hang out at my local RiteAid for hours, browsing the shelves and trying to avoid those annoying salesclerks who think you're gonna steal something XD

Makeup is my drug, for sure. If I need retail therapy, I go straight to Sephora. The drugstore doesn't bring much of a thrill to me. I guess it's because the selection for hair/skin/makeup products is so small compared to the selection at Sephora.

I do get a thrill out of shopping at discount clothing stores; like Plato's Closet, Wet Seal, Charlotte Russe, Forever 21, etc.

for retail therapy i usually go to thrift stores, because you really never know what awesome things you can find. every now and then i'll find a little slice of home decor heaven (like my slightly worn candle shaped like a bird that i could never light) or clothes. i get almost all of my button downs from thrift stores because they're a plenty, and sometimes i get lucky with other things (i have a dress and a shirt from a thrift store too!) i have so much makeup at home that i simply can't get myself to buy more on just a need for retail therapy.

I go by Shopper's Drug Mart at least once a week, and tend to spend way too much money there, especially since they got their new beauty section with higher end brands like Stila, Smash Box, and Shiseido. Makes me happy, makes my boyfriend facepalm :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back