Where can I get an affordable eyeshadow primer from ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am so tired of having to cake up my eyeshadow, just to get it to appear darker and long lasting. I need help someone ! where do you get an imexpensive primer from?

I would have to concur, ELF sells two different types of primers both are inexpensive and work well. Concealers works well if added with some face or body lotion. The latter is shown in many youtube video tutorials. In all honestly, it really boils down to how well you prep your skin before the primer. If you didn't wash your face before adding a primer then eyeshadows tends to be "cakey" or all together disappear.

I use Too Faced primer the original price is about $15 (which in my opinion is affordable), but I got it on sale for $9 locally and I love it, a little goes a long way and I'm nowhere near half. You have to invest a little in primer. My cousin uses NYX and she loves it.

Thank you guys, ithink iwill try out the nyx primer first ilike their products so ihope this works. thansk everyone !

Faced Primer was the one a friend of mine mostly gets for her and she said the price is worth the product. Well, $15 is not bad and yes - kind affordable too for some.

Sephora has a sale right now on their primer called "Tricks of the Trade" Eye Primer,  The original price was $12 but it's on sale now for $3. Problem is shipping is like $5.95 or $6.95 unless you spend $50 or more. I don't know if you have a local Sephora but most JCPenney Sephoras don't carry the entire Sephora line. Here are more from Sephora.com

Sephora Piiink My Fiiixing Base, $4

SEPHORA COLLECTION Eye Primer Pot, $8

SEPHORA COLLECTION Perfecting Eye Primer, $14

TARINA TARANTINO Pearl Glow Eye Primer, $15

TARINA TARANTINO Dollskin Eye Primer, $15

TARINA TARANTINO Eye Primer, $15

Kat Von D High Voltage Eye Primer, $15

Bare Escentuals Prime Time Primer Shadow, $18

Too Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue Glitter Bonding Eye Shadow Primer, $18

Too Faced Shadow Insurance Candlelight Softly Illuminating Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer, $18

More: http://sephora.com/browse/section.jhtml?categoryId=S10520&_DARGS=/browse/templates/level_three_assortment.jhtml.2

If you have a Sephora or something like Macy's (which have a huge cosmetic area) ask for samples. At Sephora you can get three free samples.

L'Oreal makes a product called "De-Crease". I got it from a recommendation on here. I like it a lot. I looked for ELF's when I went to Target a few weeks ago bu they had none. De-Crease is about $6 and really works if you ask me. I also love the fact I can buy it at a drug store, Walmart, Kmart, or any general retail place without paying a mint and still using a brand I know and love. 

If you have a Sally Beauty in your area one to try is Claudia Stevens Eye Prep.  I love it and it's super affordable.

I love Urban Decay's eye shadow primer...but I believe it's $18. But I will say this...it works wonders and last long...
claps.gif

Mac pigment eye shadow spreads evenly across the eye with the prevention of caking up. The pigment eye shadow is in a container that is about 7.5 grams and costs between $18-22 (depending on where you make your purchase) but lasts for quite some time. Proper brushes should be used also to apply eye shadow. Hope this helps.

Thank You everyone for your recommendations I really appreciate it, ibrought an organic concealer stick, ionly tried it out once but isure will try some of these suggestions!!!

-Amber

I've tried Lorac, too faced, and urban decay. They all work pretty good. But for an inexpensive option, I recommend ELF. I tried it, and I think it works just as well or at least pretty close..

What kind of primer are you looking for? There are so many types of primers. Are you looking for one that's more thick, sticky, liquid or cream?

Back