Name makeup purchases you regret and why.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I regret some of my brighter colors - I bought them because I was trying to get away from my usual neutrals. But I just don't use them.

Some are:

GA e/s #1 - never worn it out in public

GA e/s #21 - grey is just not my color

Inoui ID quad #10 - again, greys are not for me

Shu ME Pink 150 - beautiful color in the pan, but oh so pink! it clashes with my red hair in a bad way

I'll stop there, as this is depressing!

Hmm with Lipglosses and Lipsticks I had my most mistakes!! I bought some dark rose and brown lipsticks in the past, not good at all, and some really frosty lipglosses or pink purple lipglosses which look terrible on my lips!!

I also made many e/s mistakes, buying pink, rose or peachy e/s which I look terrible with them!! Mac's Mink Pink, which I finally swapped it, Lancome's True Romance a bright metallic rose and Stila's AOS #12, for 2 reasons: I finally discovered that I hate loose e/s and for the shade! I hope to swap these two too!!:icon_chee

Ohh I forgot the most awful powder in the whole world, Mac's Studio Fix!!

Cool thread!

1. CD Diorskin Fluide foundation -because it broke me out real bad.

2. Laura Mercier Primer -because it made me break out

3. Shu Uemera Basic Mascara -it was just TOO basic for my liking. I still use it but wont spend that much on a basic mascara again.

4. MAC Motif e/s -i just never ever use it

• Christian Dior Quint Seascape. The colours were gorgeous, they just had absolutely no pigmentation.
  • MAC pigment Frozen White. It's a very difficult pigment to use. My boyfriend made me use it every day for a week and I still don't love it like my other pigments.
I've generally done ok with my purchases. I haven't bought that much that I regret.

Esteelauder matte e/s

Tarte sun kissed cheek stain

Esteelauder lipsticks

Chanel Aqualumiers palette

Max Factor Loose Powder

Bobbi brown shimmering apricot

L'oreal True Match Foundations. I,ve tried like 4 different colors and have yet to find a really good match.

maybelline xxl mascara - because it was crap

MAC eye kohl in smolder - it smudges too much and it doesnt last on the inner rims

prescriptives concealer - i think the woman gave me the wrong shade and i think there are better ones out there.

*Some of my MAC e/s - look good in the pan or on the back of my hand, but don't look so good on the eyes!

I'm sure there's more... but i can't think of anything right now!!

Tarte Flushed cheek stain, which I swapped

Lancome Photogenic Pressed Powder, which I'm trying to swap

T. LeClerc Loose Powder, also trying to swap

Some purple toned e/s, do nothing for me

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer, loved at first, but broke me out

Totally OT, but Happy Thanksgiving to all the ladies who celebrate this out there!!:icon_chee

Chanel Teint compact créme universel. The color the salesperson picked out for me was too dark and I thought it was way too shiny and not very natural. It was way to expensive too.

Recently several foundations MAC Moistureblend, Px Virtual Skin...maybe Virtual Youth I suspect it is irritating my skin and got it at a CCO so can't get a refund. It sucks when a foundation doesn't work because I am NC45/C7 and they usually don't swap well

Makeup Forever Green tinted Face Primer (supposed to cancel out redness), which it didn´t, bad consistency-makes it hard to blend, weird smell. not worth the money!

I bought a set of MU products off of QVC a few years ago, I forget the name. Anyways they promised that the colors looked good on "everyone", everyone except me I guess. $100 down the drain.

I bought a 2 pan of Stila shadows in a silver and navy and I'm not sure I like them, probably end up on swap.

Everything I regret has just been because it was a very poor quality (with the exception of foundations that did not match my skin)... I actually have these listed in my notepad so others won't make the same mistakes, but here is my list!

• Rimmel All Over Pencil in Move - even though it won some sort of Cosmo beauty award, I thought this was a terrible product. Greasy, shiny, and clear that only reflected color when the light hit it, instead of shimmery and opaque as expected.
  • Jane ColorStick in Dreamworld - looks white in the pencil, ends up looking clear and greasy with big glitter on my skin
  • Physician's Formula Mosaic Cream Eyeshadow - creased in 30 minutes no matter what base I used!
  • Rimmel Volum' Eyes mascara - even though other girls love this, I found it to be super thick and clumpy and could not make it look good no matter what I tried
  • L'Oreal Lash Out mascara - this straightened my lashes even if I used an eyelash curler!
  • Neutrogenia Healthy Skin Smoothing Stick concealor - very sheer
  • Clinique Blended Face Powder (loose powder) - the only powder I've thrown out before finishing. It had a weird oily texture that made it hard to blend with a brush.
  • Maybelline Shine Free Oil-Control foundation - made the skin on my nose dry and peely, and did not decrease the shine on the rest of my face.
Plus, I did not like Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse or Clinique Superfit foundation, mainly because I could not find a color that matched my skin :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mac's glitter liners (except glamour gold, love that one) I never use them and I've hated glitter since I was like 12 so I don't know what I was thinking.

A necessary thread!

Girl Geek--I like that you have this info on your notepad, I'm going to do that too!

Maph--I'd been lemming that Scott Barnes Body Bling for a while, (I used to have a J.Lo "morbid obsession") but it's so expensive, I'm glad to know it isn't worth the $$!

:icon_mad: So here are mine that I can think of right now:

• Clinique Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15...Oil-Free?? This stuff is sooo greasy and gross. And the coverage is nonexsistant; I expected sheer coverage but this was ridiculous.
  • mark. C-Thru-U Beautifying Sheer Tint ("Glow" version)...the "glow" is actually disco ball caliber glitter that looks horrible! The formula w/o the glow is fine but just say NO to GLOW!
  • Any and all colored mascaras that I have ever tried. Just not my thing.
  • mark. Lashtensions Lash Primer...Horrid, don't use this unless you want eyelashes that weigh 50 pounds and resemble the texture of coral. My eyelashes actually scared my 4-year-old son, no joke.

I'm pretty forgiving with mu, but I regret falling into the Maybelline Great Lash mascara hype awhile back:icon_roll

Latest posts

Back