My mascara got me sent to the ER!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a Covergirl Lashblast Volume mascara - most women's HG today. I liked it, not my total fav, but now it scares me every time I look at it. Most of you have tried it and you know about the huge rod and the stubby bristles? Well they're sharp! I was putting it on this morning to go to school and my cat rubbed my elbow (with the mascara in it) and caused me to poke my eye with those bristles!! They hurt A LOT!! So my eye had swollen shut and I obviously couldn't go to school, so my parents drove me to the ER at 5:45 am. They flushed my eye and said I had scratched the surface of the eye a little bit, and it could have been worse. Thank god I didn't lose my eye! Now I am one of the few who has a grudge against LashBlast - I know technically it was my cat but the bristles could have been made softer!!

:jaw drops: Get better soon. I cringed when I read your post.

I kick my cats out of my room when putting makeup on or have tweezers in my hand. I LOCK the door when the kids are home because I absolutely fear someone bumping into me while I have a sharp object near my eye.

oh wow thats crazy! i've poked my eye a couple times. but never bad like that! hope ur eye gets better soon 

Oh! Sorry to hear about that! Glad everything turned out okay. I totally know a girl who went to the emergency room after using a sewing needle to separate her lashes.

Ouchi!!! I totally have cut the top of my eye open. I was using a tiny broken mirror to check my eyebrows an my elbow slipped an I just missed my pupil. It constantly feels like somethings in your eye  when you scratch the top. Im glad your ok

Thanks guys < :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it isn't all that bad, really - my doctor gave me these drops that made the swelling go down, but it still looks like I've been crying and for the first day I had to wear an eyepatch and looked completely ridiculous! Now my eye has some slight grooves in it, but I can see again ^^

Lol Zadi you kick your cats out? I should do that too but they're spoiled brats and wouldn't allow that XD

@Hellokomrade: Separating your lashes with a needle? Why not use an eyelash comb?

I am now afraid of LashBlast and this story will go up on the CoverGirl site >=)

damn >< that sounds scary. next time don't have any pets in the room while you are doing your makeup. On another note, I only use Lancome mascara, lancome makes the best mascara out of any makeup brands out there. 

ya know....this is the second story I heard about that mascara!!!  I have glued my eye closed with eyelash glue!!!  A friend of mine had an accident with the falsies mascara.   

Sometimes these things happen I guess LOL

Elizabeth

I see your point- never buying LashBlast again and attempting to train my cats hehe

Originally Posted by Ingrid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

damn >< that sounds scary. next time don't have any pets in the room while you are doing your makeup. On another note, I only use Lancome mascara, lancome makes the best mascara out of any makeup brands out there. 

A squirt bottle of water kept near the vanity - it could really be helpful "training" them!  ;-)  Sometimes they just need to *see* the bottle and will get down now!

Awe, that must have been quite painful!

Luckily your parents were home to take you to the hospital. Glad your okay!

OMG! That is terrible! I am glad your eye is okay though! Such a great, although, bad story to tell your friends! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow it is scary...but thank god you are okay.  I didnt even think of this when I am doing my makeup holding brushes or mascara wands and there comes my son irritating me at times... I gota be careful from now on.

WOW, what an experience! Glad things are on the mend. I scratched my cornea once too, had to wear a patch and use special drops. Mine came from having a contact tear while it was in my eye.

I'm with Zadidoll.... my kitties aren't allowed in when I'm doing makeup. Just me and my iPod  
headphonedance.gif

And the needle thing isn't all that unheard of. Many models will tell you that their makeup artists will separate their lashes with a hat pin (like those big pins in corsages) to get them as fluffed out as possible. I've thought about it, but I'm worse than Danger-prone Daphne.  I'll pass!

Back