Foundations for covering a tattoo

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a few tattoos and when I go on professional trips I have a hard time finding a good foundation to conceal them with. Can anyone recommend a foundation that could help me conceal my tattoos that would last for a few hours? I would appreciate it. Thank you!

I used Hard Candy's Glamoflauge. It's $6 at WalMart and man let me tell you...that stuff covers up EVERYTHING! It's a heavier concealer so if you have sensitive skin watch how much you use on your face, but for tattoos I found it worked and stayed well with my tattoo. I have one on the back of my neck and it covered well with this stuff. Hope that helped!

I was in a show recently and had to cover my wrist tattoo. I used some yellow concealer/powder to go over the blue/purple tones of the ink, then followed with my MAC Studio Finish concealer, mixed in the Ben Nye tattoo concealer in Light, and if that wasn't enough I'd add some MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot. It worked a lot better than I thought it would! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'd also powder the crap out of it and make sure to seal it, too.    I've been meaning to get the Ben Nye Tattoo wheel, but until I do, this is my plan! I've heard Dermablend is great for tattoos, too.

i call b/s on glamouflage, it doesn't conceal tattoos unless they're 20 years old and faded.

i have several tattoos, and sometimes when i try concealers i see if it can cover up my wrist tattoo (black lettering) - i found that the bobbi brown concealer does a very good job at that, and also estee lauder max coverage foundation for face + body.

i never conceal my many tattoos though, i just deal with it and put on longsleeve shirts and don't wear anything that shows my chest. le sigh.

Kat Von D's tattoo concealer!

I plan on picking up a full size of it asap for when I need to hide my two new inks from my mother xD

Originally Posted by AmourAnnette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Kat Von D's tattoo concealer!

I plan on picking up a full size of it asap for when I need to hide my two new inks from my mother xD

haha thats hilarious   I would do the same tho, my mom always yells at me when i get a new tat

Hi there. I actually had read this article about temporarily hiding tattoos. Here is the link : *removed by mod* it might help you with hiding your tattoo during professional trips.

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

haha thats hilarious   I would do the same tho, my mom always yells at me when i get a new tat

My mom doesn't know about mine... and even said that if I plan on getting them to wait til she's dead otherwise they will give her a heart attack >_<

Originally Posted by AmourAnnette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My mom doesn't know about mine... and even said that if I plan on getting them to wait til she's dead otherwise they will give her a heart attack >_<

awwwwwww hehe

Back