Nude Lipsticks recommended by Real Simple Magazine

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm always on the hunt for new nude lipsticks although I own too many already. I just can't stay away from nude lipsticks.
smile.gif
I was glad to see some nude lipsticks shown in the Real Simple magazine that looks like they are worth trying. Red lipsticks were mentioned as well but I'm not a huge red lipstick fan. I just can't pull off the shade. Anyone tried or currently use these shades?

Here are the nudes that were featured:

Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick in Nude Velvet

Clarins Joli Rouge in Desert Rose

Rouge Dior lipstick in Angelique Beige

Covergirl LipPerfection lip color in Sultry

For the red lipsticks for those who like read the MAC's MAC Me Over! lipstick in Runaway Red looks beautiful as well as Lancome's L'Absolu Nu Replenishing and Enhancing Lipcolor in Red Chiffon.

my favorite nude lippie is actually from a brand called joe and the color is just called "nude". it's matte, but doesn't dry out your lips.. SO good! unfortunately you can get it in canada only, i won a giveaway and got it thru a girl from canada. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Joe brand is associated with Real Canadian Superstore...like George is with Walmart.  I've never looked at their cosmetics at all.. I'll have to look for Nude. 

seriously?! i never woudl have guessed!!! (no sarcasm) i thought they're a brand like maybelline or rimmel or something! i use that lipstick almost every day, and love it!

Finally found my perfect nude shade yesterday, after a year of endless searching! I am SOOOO happy!!

I got the Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Stick in "Marrakech." It's matte, so it has staying power, but it does feel a tiny bit dry so I use Rosebud Salve (can't live without that stuff!) over my lips to condition them.  LOOOVE the color!

The "Sydney" shade is also very pretty, and a little more of a pinky nude, if that's what you're looking for.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

http://www.joefresh.com/en/category/beauty-lips

Its a Loblaws brand which is a really large - probably the largest grocer in Canada.  

loblaw.. you say? LOL!!!

just kidding! thanks for the info! maybe i can find out a way to get that lipstick here in the US. i checked today and i used about 2/3 already (got it only like 3 months ago) :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Rimmel's Nude Delight is my nude lipstick of choice! It doesn't give you that horrible 'foundation lips' effect that a lot of nudes do. 

Back