OCC's Pretty Boy Lip Tar Fall/Winter Collection

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Introduces their Fall & Winter Collection in Pretty Boy Lip Tar 

Obsessive Compulsive Lip Tars are the perfect hybrid between lip stick and lip gloss. Filled with intense color pigments, this gloss lends itself to long wear lip color without the feel of heavy makeup. The lip tars contain Hemp Oil, Peppermint Oil, and Vitamin E, allowing them to glide across your lips without the mess and the stick that other glosses can leave behind.  The essential oils hydrate and nourish your lips.  The color dries down to a beautiful satin finish.  

This Fall & Winter, OCC introduces their Pretty Boy Collection, inspired by male rock stars who have pushed the status quo and dared to be fabulous & strong in boldly colored cosmetics. The Pretty Boy Collection honors idols like David Bowie, Adam Lambert, and Jared Leto, who have pushed the gender boundaries and shown us all how fabulous men can be in color!  

This Lip Tar collection is GENDER NEUTRAL, 100% Vegan, free of parabens & harsh preservatives, and Cruelty Free!  

The 6 new Pretty Boy shades include:

Check out the new Pretty Boy collection and all the other Lip Tars at LeCosmetique.  

Such "gay" names! (Literally!) lol

From the LGBT Wiki: Banjee or banjee boy is a term from the 1980s or earlier that describes a certain type of young Latino, Black, or multiracial man who has sex with men and who dresses in stereotypical maculine urban fashion for reasons which may include expressing masculinity, hiding his sexual orientation and attracting male partners. The term is mostly associated with New York City and may be Nuyorican in origin.

The names don't offend me but some people might be offended. Thoughts on the names of the products?

I love Femme... and I kind of want Butch just for the principle of it! Good thing I have my pro discount haha.

@Bonnie: I just looked up the swatches. Queen isnt as much of an orange red as you think. It almost reminds me more of a cherry infused hot pink. You might want to check it out and see if you could do a color like that as opposed to a normal red.

Queen is not close to Anime. Anime is an almost neon pink, Queen is actually more of a brighter Trollop (much brighter I should say). One of my favourite shades. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also, I understand wanting Butch for the principle of owning it. I still haven't gotten my hands on it. Or Banjee. I love that mango orange and that Lip Tar has been screaming my name for a few months now!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Such "gay" names! (Literally!) lol

The names don't offend me but some people might be offended. Thoughts on the names of the products?

@ Zadidoll, I think what OCC was trying to do here is to empower both genders. Androgyny and gender neutrality, as displayed in the example David Bowie can be racy and attractive.  Its refreshing to see a cosmetics company market indiscriminately.  We all know that women are not the only ones passionate about makeup. 

As for the term "banjee" it has a myriad of implications.  As many vernacular terms of our culture, this term has broadened and developed over time. It has several implications, most of which are not offensive, for example: "

Banjee 2 up1 down
  Young man or woman (usually black/latino) who has a Hip Hop/ghetto/street swagger, look, and demeanor. (regardless of sexuality)
see Urban Dictionary for Banjee.

Whether or not someone is offended only matters if that was the intent; which it clearly wasn't.  I'd say the naming is fine; as a person who falls under the L and T of LGBTQ.

The collection is cute enough though.

Latest posts

Back