OPI: Nicki Minaj collection

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
From OPI's Facebook page. Coming in January 2012.

The Nicki Minaj collection consists of a deep shimmering purple Shatter called "Super Bass" and these five Nicki-inspired colors: "Metallic 4 Life", "Save Me", "Fly", "Did It On 'Em" and the bubble gum hue "Pink Friday".

I like the shatter, metallic 4 life & save me... the other 3 remind me of shrek... kinda disappointed with this collection.

I like purple shatter & Pink Friday.
wink.gif

Pink Friday looks pretty dupeable, but who knows. Only one I'm interested in is Save at this point.

I'm dying!  Can't wait to get my hands on this!  Too bad they won't be out this month for my Nicki Minaj halloween costume! 

My little cousin will love this.  I told her about the Katy Perry collection and she is obsessed with it!

None of these look like anything I don't have already & I'm not a big Tacky Minaj fan so I'll pass.... still a fun collection for teens & her fans though 
smileno.gif

So OPI sent out the official press release a couple of days ago and I thought I'd post the Shrek polishes since someone mentioned these look like the polishes from that collection. This image came from The Makeup Blogette.

Who the Shrek are you? and What's with the Cattitude do look like Fly (blue) and Did It On 'Em (green) but I do see a wee bit of a color difference in that the Shrek green looks to be a tad bit brighter while the blue is a different hue of blue.

I love the metallicy silver one! And I'm not normally into the bubblegum pink but this colour I would consider...

I got the press release from OPI about the new collaboration with Nicki Minaj and thought I'd share it with everyone!

Did It On 'Em                                                                    Fly

Pink Friday                                                           Metallic 4 Life

Save Me                                                       Super Bass Shatter

OPI announces the launch of six new limited edition shades inspired by hip hop sensation Nicki Minaj, including a purple Shatter!  Inspired by Minaj’s unique style, love of bright colors, and her debut album Pink Friday, the Nicki Minaj by OPI promotion will feature an array of bold hues, from neon lime green to pink.

â€œOPI is so excited to work with Nicki in releasing these six new nail lacquers,†said Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, OPI Executive VP & Artistic Director.  “Nicki has taken the hip hop world by storm, but her music is only part of the equation. She’s also become a fashion inspiration, noted for her daring costumes and hair color both on and off the stage.â€

Nicki’s eclectic look made including a new hue in OPI’s bestselling Shatter coat a must for this collaboration. The purple Super Bass Shatter (a record-setting purple that “shatters†before your eyes) is inspired by graffiti art and works when painted over any dry OPI hue. Adding top coat takes Super Bass Shatter from matte to glossy in seconds.

The line features five nail lacquers in addition to Super Bass Shatter, ranging from fantastic pink, rainbow confetti glitter and charcoal sparkle hues to two green shades in lime and teal:

Pink Friday
Kick off the weekend with this pop! of bubblegum pink.

​
Metallic 4 Life
This charcoal sparkle flies with the stars in the skies.

Save Me
I drove for miles just to find this silver-rainbow glitter.

Fly
I came to win, to fight…and to wear this aqua.

Did It On ‘Em
A lusty little lacquer that loves the “limeâ€-light.

Nicki Minaj by OPI nail lacquers contain no DBP, Toluene, or Formaldehyde, and feature OPI’s exclusive ProWideâ„¢ Brush for the ultimate in application. This limited edition promotion will be available beginning January 2012 at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, JCPenney, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, and ULTA, for  $8.50 ($10.95 CAN) suggested retail for each nail lacquer.

Save me is my absolute favorite and I can't wait for it. I think I need it! Sorry for the insanely huge pictures btw.. don't know how that happened lol

http://wearethewicked.blogspot.com/

Back