Dark hair and bangs?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was thinking of switching up my look and getting bangs which seems to be catching on lately... how many of you have recently tried out bangs?  Did you guys like the results?  

Here's an article I read that inspired me.  Jennifer Love Hewitt looks so cute here! 

I've always had bangs. Once in a while I try to grow them out but I quickly cave in to them.

I think everyone can look good in bangs - just depends on one's face shape and the style of bangs.

The only exception might be girls with curly hair - they might prefer the longer bangs or none at all.

Yes I tried bangs and loved the results. It changed my look completely.

Styling must be good so that you look great!

Originally Posted by 13Bluestar97 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd look like Rebecca Black with bangs..ugh but many people can really work them!

oh dear sweet jesus...rebecca black 

I have a pretty high forehead and bangs have definitely softened my look and played up my eyes. My first time getting them I asked for versatility so that I could swipe them to either side. These were a great transition bang! Finally I went blunt with a little fringe on the outside near my temples, and layers throughout the rest of my mane. I absolutely love this look and love what it has done for me! What I do not love is having to wet/wash them every morning and re-dry them because of my unruly cowlick that required daily taming. Dry shampoos do work wonders though when I'm in a pinch, and I've worked out some great tricks for making my cowlick invisible ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I cut my own bangs =] Right now, I just need a new hair cut over all, so my bangs are annoying me. But yes, I love bangs =]

I'd like to amend my previous post - I'm fed up with my bangs! For some reason they have gotten REALLY staticy even though I condition them constantly. Today I have them swept off to the side but again, my cowlick makes this more troublesome than trendy. I think I'm ready to let them grow out. I'm actually considering a pixie cut for the summer this year, so I can grow out my hair again and just start all over. Never had one before so should be interesting!

Your static is probably down to the daily wet-wash thing. Wet to dry is actually quite drying/ damaging for your hair because the citicle is swollen then shrunk, plus some hairdryers are static machines! Use dry shampoo if required, then pull your bangs into the required shape between your first two fingers and direct the hairdryer down the length. Use a little Elnette hairspray if you need to control static. This method worked for me when I wore my hair straight and had bangs, even tho I actually have curly hair.

Originally Posted by drew /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd like to amend my previous post - I'm fed up with my bangs! For some reason they have gotten REALLY staticy even though I condition them constantly. Today I have them swept off to the side but again, my cowlick makes this more troublesome than trendy. I think I'm ready to let them grow out. I'm actually considering a pixie cut for the summer this year, so I can grow out my hair again and just start all over. Never had one before so should be interesting!

Back