Danielle7

Best hair straightening products?

The Sedu Revolution is my favorite iron for straightening thick, frizzy hair! If my iron died I don't know what I would do.  You can Purchase online from Amazon and price is $134.99 !! :) :)

For me GKhair Flat Iron works in the best manner as it is affordable and makes my hair straightened in best quality. Moreover, you can use GKhair Thermalstyleher cream which is a heat protectant but I would recommend you this product to use it before blow drying your hair. 

Can anyone tell me their experience with Chi Straight Guard Smoothing Cream?  :)

Sorry, can't help you with Chi Straight Guard Smoothing Cream can only suggest you have a look at what I have been using. Karmin Heat Protection & Shining Spray with argan oil, applied to damp hair or Pro Naturals Moroccan argan oil (this is a leave in treatment I always apply to damp hair). My hair is dead straight & I shampoo approx every 4 days and heat style after shampoo. No heat damage and the argan oil seems to be a 1st class heat protectant, been using it since 2014. Hair is very shiny, holds styling for the 4 days, no split ends and feels smooth and soft.

I'll try, thanks for the tip :)

I am at the moment using Loreal Smooth Intense Ultimate Straight Perfecting Balm , and  by so far it's great!

For hair straighteners, I've found the best results with Chi, HSI, Remington, and Babyliss. These are all quality brands with varying prices/quality within their product line. The babylisspro titanium hair straigthener is pricey, but has worked wonders for me in the past (on my hair and my clients). 

Loreal Studio Pro Sleek it is a good and affordable choice. It doesn't really work with the frizziness but it helps a lot when it comes to straightening the hair.

You should avoid hair straighting products because hair straighteners destroy the natural health of hair.

On 12/30/2017 at 3:43 AM, rebeccasteward said:

Karmin G3 Salon Pro Hair Styling Iron .. What does it cost?

Just seen your question Rebecca - take a look at their website karminhairtools.com it will have prices listed (.karminhairtools.com/karmin-g3-salon-pro.html) I think it is on special now around $50 or thereabouts, but double check yourself. Well worth it.

On 5/11/2018 at 12:42 PM, CurlyWoman said:

I, of course, think curly hair is best :) but if you must, you might want to straighten without a flat iron to keep your hair a little more healthy. 

Haha I wonder why @CurlyWoman :) I try to avoid using a flat iron. I like to use shaping milk, curling mousse, or curl cream that is cheap and will keep my hair under control without making it too crunchy.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!

• You are not alone, from time to time I also get these little dry patches, it is almost like eczema, I have noticed they will stick around for a few months then just disappear. I wouldn't exfoliate them though, it will irritate, I normally just apply some cream.
    • Thats a great idea, good luck to you! I use https://zen-promotion.com for likes, followers and analytics, maybe you'll find it useful.
    • Make sure to start with a good skincare routine. Cleanser, Toner, Moisturizer. I also like to use some face oil with my moisturizer which really helps me. I do this all before I prime to make sure my skin is as hydrated as possible. I recommend Rose Hip Nourishing Oil by Mario Badescu.
    • Here some Effordable Answers that works: Diagrams for eyeshadow that show what the "waterline," "crease," etc. are. Explanation of color theory/undertones Highlighting/contouring (I think just mentioning that it exists would suffice because this is probably more of an advanced thing, but it basically blew my mind when I realized this was a thing) The fact that makeup counters give samples Monistat being used as a primer (like what?!!?) Maybe a link to pictures of the different brush to show the differences between them Might be worth it to mention that cleaning brushes on the regular is a good thing (and mention of cleaning methods?) Popular websites/tutorials on youtube for further exploration (Lisa Eldridge, Beautyepic, Wayne Goss, ...etc.)
    • Makeup can both define and hide, and applied thickly enough (as in your example image), it can obscure the natural facial features and redefine its contours. I would venture to guess that an older woman would look fairly similar in the after picture, given the same makeup job. The “before” picture was shot in natural light, without obvious filters or Photoshop, while the “after” looks digitally altered and professionally lit. Older women, by the way, are often told to go light on the makeup, because heavy foundation and eyeliner can settle into wrinkles, making them appear more prominent. (Just as heavy makeup can sometimes make a young person’s acne scars look prominent.) Most of the time, women aren’t going to be walking around with heavy stage makeup and dramatic contouring, though. And there are other signals, such as the person’s figure, that balance out the aging effect of the makeup. In light makeup, shot in natural light, the model’s age would probably appear pretty much the same. There is too much going on, outside of the makeup, to evaluate these photos on equal footing.

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook