paris school trip :D:D!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never, but thats so awesome your school is taking a trip to Paris!! I would be so super excited too!

You'll have to share photos from your trip with us!

I've heard it's really dirty in Paris.  dog poop and cigarette butts and everyone smokes.   Despite this, I'd still love to go to the Louvre and Notre Dame de Basilica would be on my bucket list as well.  

My brother went. He said it was dirty and it smelled so just be prepared. BUT I too am dying to go to Paris. It should be an amazing trip for you. It's definitely a different culture for you to experience, which is always the best part of traveling. Have fun!

i'll post loads of photos dont worry haha:L,ive heard that too but im still really looking forward to it:)and thankyou xx

Awesome! I  actually just went this summer and it was everything I expected it to be! Out of all the European cities I've visited, Paris was the most enchanting. I was fortunate to be there for Bastille Day too so it was beyond what I expected it to be.

My only advice is to watch out for the gypsies (especially by the Eiffel Tower) and do try talking to people in French. I'm by no means fluent or even conversant in French, but you tend to be treated better when communicating in their own language. In addition to the touristy places, make sure to check out Sacré Coeur - the view from there is breathtaking! And if you're allowed to venture a little out of Paris, do check out the Château de Versailles. (In my avatar actually).

Have a wonderful time! And if you have any questions, let me know!

gypsies at the eiffel tower? the heck you're talking about? LOL!!!!

there are, however, people that sell $1 paris swag that they want you to take for 10 times the amount. steer clear of them and if you can, go to the eiffel tower AT NIGHT!

as your teachers if they'd be willing to do that as a special thing or something, at night nobody is there and it's awesome.

all in all... i didn't find paris to be that great (overrated, one might say) but it's not dirtier than any other city, no, not everyone smokes and not everyone looks like right out of vogue, but people are friendly and younger folks won't give a crap if you know french or not. unless you happen to approach someone who fought in WWII i doubt they'll give you a hard time when speaking english.

have fun!! 

funny you mention this b/c I have a friend who is a counselor at a school in Mass, who is chaperoning a trip to Paris in march. You wouldnt hapen to be one of those students?

You didn't see any of them? It's actually very common:

http://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k138052-o20-Gypsies_at_the_Eiffel_tower-Paris_Ile_de_France.html

Originally Posted by Katie-Gaslight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

gypsies at the eiffel tower? the heck you're talking about? LOL!!!!

there are, however, people that sell $1 paris swag that they want you to take for 10 times the amount. steer clear of them and if you can, go to the eiffel tower AT NIGHT!

as your teachers if they'd be willing to do that as a special thing or something, at night nobody is there and it's awesome.

all in all... i didn't find paris to be that great (overrated, one might say) but it's not dirtier than any other city, no, not everyone smokes and not everyone looks like right out of vogue, but people are friendly and younger folks won't give a crap if you know french or not. unless you happen to approach someone who fought in WWII i doubt they'll give you a hard time when speaking english.

have fun!! 

Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely /img/forum/go_quote.gif

funny you mention this b/c I have a friend who is a counselor at a school in Mass, who is chaperoning a trip to Paris in march. You wouldnt hapen to be one of those students?

What's there name :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />? And thanks to everyone else hopefully I'll enjoy it I've been before do I kinda know what to expect x

Aw no sorry I don't know them. Not that I'm packing now but when I do what kind of clothes should I pack we go on march 28 and come back on April 4  what will the weather be like kind of thing?

Latest posts

Back