100% natural skin care line suggestions?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm really interested in natural skin care lines. I've used products from a company local to me (nezza naturals) and burt's bees, but I'm wondering what you guys think about brands like angel face botanicals and korres, or if you know of any i haven't heard of? I have oily, acne prone skin, and unfortunately I haven't found a natural line that can clear it up..... 

Also anti-aging lines would be good too! I'm trying t get my momma on the natural path :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like some stuff I've tried from KORRES - the Milk Proteins Foaming Cream Cleanser has become my Go-To for makeup removal on an everyday basis (primers, TM, concealer & MSFN), and I quite like the Quercetin & Oak Anti-Aging Primer, but I wouldn't recommend it if you're not dry-skinned. I'm more normal/slightly combo leaning dry, and I find I can't use it in Summer when I'm that bit oilier. I know this is blasphemy in the makeup world, but I think the Lip Butters (at least the potted ones), are overpriced and overhyped for what they are. And I did not find them very effective. Juice Beauty is also certified organic, though I'm not sure if they're 100% natural. The Blemish Clearing Serum is excellent in the Summer when I'm oilier and more acne-prone, and I love the Sensitive Green Apple Peel. I found both the Cream Cleanser and their Gel cleanser to be average, though. And I'd skip the hydrating mist - Avene thermal water does just as good a job, IMO. Caudalie, I believe, also has some certified organic products, or at the very least, plant-based skincare. The Pulpe Vitaminee line is one of my favourites (Eye & Lip Cream, 1st Wrinkle Serum), the moisturizing mask is excellent for tired eyes (it's eye safe), and the Gentle Cleanser is my HG cleanser in Fall, Winter & Spring. And the lip conditioner is one of the best on the market.

Weleda's products get positive online reviews and score highly in the 'Anti-ageing Bible' and the 'Green Beauty Bible' (consumer tests). I have sensitive skin with fine lines which adores Weleda's baby calendula face cream. http://www.weleda.com/

Another option is pure rosehip seed oil: studies have shown both calendula and rosehip have healing, anti-inflammatory and anti-ageing properties. You can add a little oil-soluble vitamin C if you would like the full complement of antioxidant vitamins (ACE).

With your acne have you tried an anti-stress, anti-inflammatory diet and lifestyle? Also have you tried treating your skin as if it were sensitive rather than oily - sulphate-free/ no harsh acne fighting ingredients/ limiting exfoliation/ oil cleansing method and so on?

I really like Weleda products and the Iris Hydrating Lotion has been great for my combo skin. I do like Korres also. Recently I tried a sample from Caudalie for Vinoperfect Day Perfecting Fluid and I love it. I was it wasn't so pricey. I've also used Melvita which is a European organic line and really like it. The products are more reasonable priced and drugstore.com carries the brand now.

Love this thread! I'm wondering if I should make the full switch to more natural products or not so I'm excited to see what other people have to suggest. These are a couple brands I've tried that I really love:

-Juice Beauty is organic and I'm a huge fan of this brand. I really like their Green Apple Moisturizer and Conditioning Lip Colour; they smell great and work like a charm.

-100% Pure is organic and naturally scented and coloured. I'm in love with their Lip and Cheek Tint but haven't tried anything else. Plus they have super cute packaging! I found this and the one above on an online Canadian beauty and makeup site called www.ebeauty.ca. They have a big organic section which is how I came to try them both out so I think I'm definitely more inclined to give other organic makeup a solid try.

Those are the only two I have real experience with but have you ever considered trying mineral makeup? I'm pretty sure Pur Minerals is organic and I've heard good things about it from people who use it.

This topic is close to my heart.  I eat as many organic products as possible, and try to feed my husband and 2 kids the same too.  But then I started thinking about what I was putting on my body, and what kind of bath products and lotions I was using on my small children.  All of those chemicals are getting absorbed through my skin, and beauty products are totally unregulated.  So, doing my own research, I came across NYR Organic (Neal's Yard Remedies).  They are a British company that uses certified organic ingredients to make skin and body products, and they are awesome! They're actually the first company to produce Soil Association certified cosmetics.  I know you're not supposed to advertise on this forum, so if you'd like more information, please PM me and I'll be in touch.  Thanks so much!

You could try Origins, they're all natural and have a few certified Organic products too. I can recommend using their Zero-Oil line which is good for clearing up acne (though I don't know if you're oily or not). They also have the Super Spot Remover for acne and it's amazing for getting rid of acne that pops up, it also prevents acne scars. Also try the Clear Improvement charcoal mask (sucks all the yucky stuff out of your pores) or the Out of Trouble mask. For line/wrinkles they have the Starting Over moisturizer (in regular and oil-free) and also the Plantscription serum which does lines/wrinkles, firming/lifting, and evening of skin tone.

Lemon Juice, and brown sugar makes and excellent exfoliant, but be careful and dont go outside because the sun's light and the lemon juice stains the skin

Back