Sephora Job Interview!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone, so last week I had an interview at Sephora for a 3 month seasonal contract to a permanent position as a color make up artist. 2 hours after my interview was finished I had a call from Sephora asking me to return for a second interview with the store director. 5 days later I went to the second interview. It went very well (like the first one) and the store director said they will be calling me within the next few days. It's been 3 days now, I have not received a call yet and I'm curious to know why they tell their interviewee's that they call them a few days later. My previous job interviews with Sephora that I was not successful in, they emailed me stating they found someone else; This time I haven't received an email stating that. 

Since it's a 3 month seasonal contract the manager in the first interview said they won't be getting me to do a customer demo; Do you think I got the job & if they don't end up calling soon, when should I call?

I really want this position! I hope it all works out.

Well I hope it all works out.  I think you should definitely call Tuesday at the latest because at least you will get an answer and it will also show that you want this job! But you could also call tomorrow, just call within the next 2 days

GOOD LUCK! and tell us how it all works out! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

To get to the second interview is always a good sign! The fact that they called so promptly also is a good sign. I would advise you to do a follow-up call. Let them know how grateful you are for the opportunity to be interviewed and that you are looking forward to working as apart of their team. They will provide you with an update once you call on this premise. All the best!

Originally Posted by litra6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

To get to the second interview is always a good sign! The fact that they called so promptly also is a good sign. I would advise you to do a follow-up call. Let them know how grateful you are for the opportunity to be interviewed and that you are looking forward to working as apart of their team. They will provide you with an update once you call on this premise. All the best!

DON'T. DO. THIS. JUST DON'T. not yet, at least. they probably interviewed more than one person, and no, it's not a good thing to terrorize employers. they will also not give you an update if they had not made a decision yet. it will simply annoy the shit out of them.

why? imagine they interviewed 20 people. all 20 people call. all 20 people want to speak to you for at least 3 minutes. 20 x 3 = 60. so that's an hour on the phone. it's annoying and will put you in a negative spotlight!

if you already know they will send an email if they *didn't* like you, just wait. send a thank you note. but don't call until AT LEAST 1.5-2 weeks have passed.

I agree.

Don't call them!

You should call them within 2 weeks after the second interview.

They are probably discussing things about the contract and stuff.

Nothing is more annoying than a person calling.

Good luck I hope you get the job!

I wouldn't call them either, but I think you should send them an email thanking them for the opportunity and hoping to hear good news from them soon. Most of the time it works... Good luck!!!

I would wait at least a week to contact them. If there's some HR representative you've been exchanging emails with or if you've been exchanging emails with the person who interviewed you, go ahead and send them a follow-up thank you-email. I wouldn't specifically ask "did I get the job? or when will I hear back from you?", or be pushy about your hiring status. They know you exist, and will contact you when needed. Since you've already been through two interviews, I am sure they will be courteous enough to let you know if you got the job or not.

Take it from my personal experience:

March: heard back from Job A--I had an interview that went really well, they said they would inform me in a couple days. NOPE.

Early April: Waited a while and finally sent a follow-up thank-you email and inquired on the status of my application. no response.

May: interview for Job B, which I applied to back in winter. Again, informed "we'll let you know by monday". Again, took over a week.. But got the job! Started working almost full-time during the summer

June: Was already working Job B when Job A calls me back, THREE MONTHS after my interview, letting me know I had the job. WHAT.

So I worked both jobs and ruined my summer. Didn't make me any richer--parents felt I was self-sufficient and they only needed to pay for my tuition. Just as broke as I ever was.

Back