When did you find out the sex of your baby?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How many weeks along were you when you found out the sex of your baby, or did you decide not to find out?

My parents didnt find out with any of us (5 in total, 3 girls, 2 boys) My mom wanted to wait and be surprised.

I am 3.5 months pregnant and it is almost time for me to find out. I definetely want to know! I hate the suspense of not knowing. It will also make it much easier to shop for baby items, when I know. I have held of on even looking at baby things until I know.

I have an appointment for the end of Novemeber to find out, I will be 19 weeks then, almost 5 months. I think I can find out a bit earlier but that is the date my OB gave me for an ultrasound.

I can't wait! I'm so excited to find out!

We have already had an ultrasound to see baby moving around which was amazing! I was the happiest girl in the world that day! We also heard babies heartbeat at my OB's office a few weeks ago, when I turned to look at my fiance he had the biggest smile on his face when we heard it! This whole experience so far has been amazing.

I'm counting down the weeks and days until I know if its a little miss me, or baby junior!

With our first child, the dr asked me to reach between my legs,  he placed my hands around my baby and told me to pull the baby towards me.  I got to 'deliver' my baby and I got to see before anyone!  It was the best thing and to think that if I had known in advance, it would have diminished to experience drastically!  

I wanted baby #2 to be a surprise as well.  I already know it'll be a baby, the suspense is what kept it going for 10 months.  Unless you have several ultrasounds, or a amnio, they can be mistaken sometimes. 

To learn if you are having a boy, ask the Ultrasound tech if they can locate your baby's prostate gland. Sometimes a boy's genitals are difficult to find, depending on the position of a baby,

I had a few ultrasounds while I was pregnant. The last one was done a few days before I had my son. The ultrasound revealed that my son was in a breach position - bum first - so the doctor scheduled a c section so me. When the doctor stepped out of the exam room, the tech showed me a complete outline of my son as he was almost 10 pounds and fully developed - so I could clearly see I was having a boy.

This was exciting as I had 4 days to go a shop for boy clothing and decorate his room a bit.

Congratulations again!

I live in holland, over here we have a 20-weeks ultrasound, where they check your baby for abnormalities.

Thats when I found out what the sex of the baby is

And its a boy! Im now 23 weeks

I am an Indian and in India gender identification of a unborn baby via ultrasound is a crime. So, no one in my whole clan has went for ultrasound.

Back