Favorite Hair Colour You've Had?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am naturally a light brunette. Currently light brunette with natural coloured highlights. (Not too light or blonde)

I have been blonde, platinum blonde, dark brunette, dark with purple tones, dark with red tones, a lovely auburn red shade which looked fabulous in the sunlight, and now I'm thinking of going red red. Like a vibrant lively red. (Although I will have to wait a few months until I can colour it)

My sisters change their hair colour as often as their clothing! At the moment one is a copper orange, that looks really nice because she has reddish hair to begin with, and the other is blonde on top with black underneath, again.

They have been too many shades to list them all. My brothers have even gotten in on the hair colouring fun, being blonde, brunette, blue and bright red!

What has your favorite shade been? Do you keep your hair the same shade each season or change it up as often as my sisters?

I'm always trying for that elusive light golden brown. But my hair always becomes reddish or to dull.

A few months ago I went up to a "medium brown" - combined a light neutral brown with a medium neutral brown. I've received a few complements so I might be on a better track.

I enjoy playing with colour. Over the past 30 years I've gone from platinum blond to bright red to black.

My philosophy - if I can't repair my hair from a bad colour experience, then it's time for a cut as my hair grows pretty fast.

I have been blonde, royal purple, dark purple, pillbox red, navy, royal blue, reddish orange, turquoise, red, brown, black, ... every colour except green. 

black, brown, blond, red, burgandy, purple, dark pink, bright pink, baby pink, baby blue, navy blue, turquoise, orange, yellow, green, litterally every colour under the rainbow! lol but green fave my absolute fav!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So far I have had my hair at a bunch of colors, but lately have been sticking to pink an blues. I like the red color, but one thing for me red an black hair color makes me look much more paler than I am already

I had my hair a very bright red. I loved it that way but the upkeep on it was terrible. I was using Redken's Hi-Fusion haircolor in red which is really meant to be mixed with another color to add more red to that color and not as a stand alone hair color. I would also then use a deep conditioner and a color lock to try to keep as much color in as long as possible, and wash with cold water. I would still need to touch it up ever 3-4 weeks. Usually 3. But it was an awesome color and now that my hair is black again I do miss it.

Then the universe is balanced because green is least fave on me...makes me look yellow.  That green looks beautiful with your eye colour!

Originally Posted by spittingpink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

black, brown, blond, red, burgandy, purple, dark pink, bright pink, baby pink, baby blue, navy blue, turquoise, orange, yellow, green, litterally every colour under the rainbow! lol but green fave my absolute fav!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hmmm... I dunno what colour I haven't done really... well I've done green but it was a light green (kinda looked yellowish), and this time it will be bright in your face green, I have never gone totally black, I tried going black blue or black purple, I don't remember which. It did totally wash me out though and it didn't take to my hair for some reason. I guess I haven't done Black or Black/purple/blue, but I have done blue and purple and parts of black. I think it then comes down to the shades. One of the favourites I have done was dark red but with blonde roots. The upkeep for me was really hard though because my hair growth is insane. I did try the opposite but it didn't quite work the same way. 

As I said I have dark brown hair and it has undertones of blonde and red in it which shows when I bleach it. It seems to always go a burnt reddish colour. I really have to damage my hair to bleach it though and I have to do it far more than recommended because of that. 

Not sure entirely what my absolute fave has been to be honest. I like being different and I do like to switch it up a lot but I also like my natural brown colour. I had a lot of people mad at me when I first started changing my hair and sometimes I still do. Though I am getting closer to the point of me shaving what I have left off. Its very liberating. One thing I can say is that I have a lot of people telling me not to shave my head. Some telling me to go blue again or pink again. I think those were the favourites among other people and the colours I got the most compliments for. That and rainbow colours.

Next will be green like I said and then after that? Possibly shaving my whole head just so I can say I shaved my head completely just once in my life. That and there is just a lot of damage in the bleached top parts. I will probably take a break from bleaching/colouring for a while, but I always seem to go back to it lol!

My favorite is red. And I usually don't prefer changing my hair color as often as your sisters do.

I kind of get bored seeing the same color for too long but still I don't prefer changing them too often.

I've never dyed my hair before :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've read that my hair's kind of a rare shade- light brunette with red lowlights and blonde highlights and I'm afraid to kill it :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by RainbowBrite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So far I have had my hair at a bunch of colors, but lately have been sticking to pink an blues. I like the red color, but one thing for me red an black hair color makes me look much more paler than I am already

how do you maintain hair that is multi colored?  I love this look but it seems like it would be a hassle!  lol

I have to say that multi-coloured hair is hard to maintain for sure but not overly hard to do in the first place. Its all about sectioning. It also helps to have a helper to either help hold parts of hair after you streak it and/or turning on the water to rinse off your tinting brush if you only have one and you are dipping in and out of different colours. It also helps to have more than one tinting brush, one for each colour. 

The hard part is maintaining it because you won't be able to get the sections exactly the same every time. I usually end up re-bleaching and then doing the first part over again. If you are doing large chunks you may be able to get the colours the same each time. Not easy but possible.

Please excuse the non- makeup faces lol!

* this one below was my favourite of all time but it was hard to maintain!

*one below is my hair all natural in 2009

Hope you enjoy these pics lol!

Originally Posted by 13Bluestar97 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've never dyed my hair before :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've read that my hair's kind of a rare shade- light brunette with red lowlights and blonde highlights and I'm afraid to kill it :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

:eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I wanna see pics!

Originally Posted by Slinkycats /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have to say that multi-coloured hair is hard to maintain for sure but not overly hard to do in the first place. Its all about sectioning. It also helps to have a helper to either help hold parts of hair after you streak it and/or turning on the water to rinse off your tinting brush if you only have one and you are dipping in and out of different colours. It also helps to have more than one tinting brush, one for each colour. 

The hard part is maintaining it because you won't be able to get the sections exactly the same every time. I usually end up re-bleaching and then doing the first part over again. If you are doing large chunks you may be able to get the colours the same each time. Not easy but possible.
Yeah I don't think I'd have the patience to maintain a look like that haha  I hate maintaining 2 colors!

I haven't done much with my hair. I had it my natural light brown up until I was 23 years old. Then, the past 3 years, I have bleached it or made it blonde. Just 2 months ago, I decided to dye it red but Red is so hard to keep up with. By day 3, the ends are terribly faded so I might go back to the bleach blonde. 

Current:

What my hair was the past 3 years:

Pretty much Virgin hair. Just got highlights, for the first time, to frame my face?? I suppose. This was 5 years ago. Maybe 4 years ago.

My favourite would be when I coloured my hair a light shade of brown and had blonde foils through it. Might go back to that soon as I really liked it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think that red is my all-time favorite, because I always come back to it
biggrin.gif

I can tell you my LEAST favorite... BLOND! I'm a natural black hair girl and going from black to platinum blond... NIGHTMARE. I love my naturally black hair.

I really like the look of the rainbow manic panic hair some girls online have had. It looks so wild and uncommon. If I could do it, I would just once to say I had it! It can look so pretty if done right. The manic panic shades have really been calling my name these past few weeks. I just HATE having to bleach my hair first, as I already have thin hair and the damage it does is very hard on my hair.

I really liked having blonde hair, but the upkeep was crazy expensive! I spent about $200 per salon visit, every 6-8 weeks. I think blonde was my fiance's least favorite on me. He likes my natural brunette shade, but has been after me for awhile now to go red.

I have never had black-black hair, but I think that may look nice. I have had purple black, and blue black.

Everyone photos look great! Thanks for taking the time to post them!

Back