How to get rid of Dark Circles?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I need help to get rid of my ugly dark circles. I would prefer to go natural or organic way. 

Also I wear glasses and i have heard that going for lenses instead, would help. Is that true?

Can dark circles be hereditary?

Thanks!

Dark circles can be hereditary but not in the way you may think. If you have a parent who has thin skin that's very delicate then you could inherit that. Dark circles is caused by any number of things - illness, fatigue, stress, etc, etc. Sometimes, some people are unfortunate to have inherit blotchy skintone and the skin under and over the eye maybe a different (darker) color than the rest of the face). If you want to permanently get rid of dark circles and are not sure what's causing it in the first place then you need to see a doctor to rule out anything health related. If it turns out the skin around your eye is naturally a darker color than concealer and a lighter shade of foundation around the eyes will help brighten up your eyes. Other than that get plenty of sleep, drink lots of water and try not to stress out about life and see if that helps.

Also, make sure you always use sunscreen around the eye area/dark circles.

You can use a sun tan lotion, moisturizer or with make up containing an SPF.

Thanks!

Zadidoll, I think you are right I must see the doctor. I don't know whether it is really a blotchy skin or dark circles.

Hmm. To help you out, I browse the Internet for some helpful tips, possibly helpful tips for you to get rid of your dark circles. Here:http://www.eyedarkcircles.com/99/how-to-get-rid-of-dark-circles-under-eyes/  Have some time to read it, it's not much of an effort but it might help you out.

Thanks,

A very easy at-home-remedy that I find works is Raw potato peels. Peel A raw potato and use the skin to place under your eyes on your dark circles. Leave it for 10-15 mins and see how much lighter they become. Use regularly. Also you find the inside of the peel really warm when you take them out. 

Originally Posted by jazzmullen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You're welcome. I'm glad I could help. Let me know if you try and how you felt :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hello jazzmullen,

I wanted to tell you that potato peels are working for me. My dark circles are disappearing slowly. They have become light and are no more prominent as before.

Thank you again for the great tip.

First of all, make sure that you get enough sleep because lack of proper sleep is the main cause of dark circles. But if your busy schedule does't allow you to take proper rest then apply a paste of pineapple juice and turmeric powder over your dark circles. It will surely lighten your dark circles. I have used this on my own. 

Yes, It can be result of heredity or also be result of genetic hyper pigmentation. Dark circles can be avoid by maintaining healthy diet, getting Plenty of Sleep and drinking Lots of Water. You can boil tea in water and restrain the leaves. You can refrigerate this water in the freeze to make ice cubes. Keep these ice cubes on the eyes in a cotton cloth for 20 minutes.

Latest posts

Back