Jump to content
Katie-Gaslight

bzz agent - consumer testing panel (aka lookie what i got to try out!)

Recommended Posts

gals,

 

i got my first parcel form bzz agent today.

 

for those of you who don't know what that is... it's a testing panel where you sign up and can participate in studies. i signed up in may but it seemed like you have ton have lots of point to get into the better studies.

 

well, i stopped logging in after a month cause all they did was invite me to crappy facebook campaigns or sites like about.me. about 1,5 weeks ago i got an email from them, inviting me to a maybelline studies. i immediately filled out the survey, and got approved!

 

today i got my package.

 

photo.jpg

 

got 5 baby lips lip balms (there are 6, i didn't get the dark green one) and 5 great lash lots of lashes mascaras. they wrote 5 mascaras so i can share them with friends! i'll use one, and save the other 4 for my sister and mom-in-law & my hubby's two cousins who are 14 & 16. i'm sure they'll love free stuff! :D and i honestly expected to maybe get one balm and one mascara. such a nice surprise!!!

 

if you're into testing stuff you should definitely sign up, i'm member of 2 testing panels currently (loreal and this one) and had awesome experiences with the loreal tester panel. anybody and everybody can join, and it's free!

 

i'm not telling you this cause i'm getting something out of it, just wanted to share! :) just google bzz agent and you'll get to the site!

 

sorry also for the crappy pic, my camera is still down.

 

what happens now is i try them out, i can review it on their site and then i'll also fill out some sort of feedback survey.

 

:D

 

go sign up now, maybe you'll get invited to something awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bzz isn't studies, it's word of mouth advertising campaigns.  You have to tell people about the product and write reports back to Bzz.  Then at the end of the campaign you do the follow-up survey.  I don't know if they're still doing the honey-combs, but you would move up the ranks by turning in reports and surveys.  The higher up the ranks the earlier you get offered campaigns.  I gave up on them ages ago because I found better stuff!  LOL! 

 

I product test for L'Oreal(I'll find the sign-up link for this.  The studies are hard to get into, but the last one I did was 10wks and we got $400 in high and low end products for doing it)  I'm a Vogue Influencer and Insider.  They seem to open registration for the Influencer once a year to fill in the spaces of inactive Influencers.  It's a hell of a program if you can get in.  I've gotten over $600 of high-end beauty products(including a Clarisonic cleansing brush) in about a year.  I'm a Glamspotter for Glamour Magazine and doing a razor product test for them right now.

 

There are lots of fun programs out there if you stumble across them.

 

L'Oreal consumer testing:  https://consumertesting.lorealusa.com/survey88.asp

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol you're way better at explaining this! i'm a dumba$$! why did i write studies? lol. probably cause of loreal.

 

but yeah, i love the l'oreal CTP!!! i participated in 1 home study and 1 compensated survey so far, but I do allllll the pre-qualifications. They are never looking for someone like me though >.< Dammit! I got crazy expensive make up as compensation from them too! Think I signed up this past April or May.. not sure.

 

i'm also on that  vouge influence thingy but each time they email me i miss it and can't get anything anymore >.<

 

i gotta look into becoming a glamspotter.. god, i love testing stuff! it's so much fun!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pre-qual'd for a skincare study today, but in the four years I've been on the panel I don't think I've ever seen a 'dates to be determined' study come through.  LOL!  I qual'd for a pt through them, never got the product, and they still sent me the $130 Skincutical's compensation gift!  Love them!  They *really* treat their panel memeber well.

 

One of the perks of being a SAHM is that I'm always around when the samples for Influencer go live.  They do tend to do it when those with jobs would have a hard time getting in on them.  Though the last Lancome mascara didn't seem to go as quickly.

 

Glamspotter doesn't do a lot, but it's fun when they do.

 

I am addicted to online surveys because I get all kinds of products to test.  I've got cereal and toilet paper tests right now.  I've gotten all kinds of skincare, and food, and cleaning products.  Heck, I've even gotten a steam mop!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey i got that skinceuticals cream as well!!! was that a home moisturizer study a couple of months ago? i did that one!

and i also qual'd for the survey today!!! it was weird that they didn't have a date yet and stuff.

 

i also did a nail polish survey too (about 2 months ago), and they sent me kiehl's avocado eye treatment and a maybelline liner that i never heard of. haha.

 

what are sites do you venture on? :D

 

i want to sign up for the new balance tester panel, i think you get to keep the shoes you tested!

 

 

 

what's SAHM? i'm @ may PC all day every day but sometimes i just forget to check my email.. i'm getting better though. lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Katie-Gaslight View Post

what's SAHM? i'm @ may PC all day every day but sometimes i just forget to check my email.. i'm getting better though. lol!

 

SAHM = Stay At Home Mom

SAHW = Stay At Home Wife

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the sneaker panels make you send them back because they need to see how the shoes wear.  Cutting up used, dirty sneakers sounds like such a great job, eh?

 

I've done a ton of skincare product tests over the years, and the Skinceuticals is the first one I didn't give to my mother-in-law when the test was done.  I love it, and yeah, that was the test.  I did the polish one, and a hairspray one a few weeks later for gifts.  Do not like the Maybelline liner, though!  LOL!

 

I'm a member of a ton of survey sites.  The best way to find them is to watch this board:  http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?sduid=438547&f=39  We post all the good surveys/companies to help each other out.

 

Originally Posted by Katie-Gaslight View Post

hey i got that skinceuticals cream as well!!! was that a home moisturizer study a couple of months ago? i did that one!

and i also qual'd for the survey today!!! it was weird that they didn't have a date yet and stuff.

 

i also did a nail polish survey too (about 2 months ago), and they sent me kiehl's avocado eye treatment and a maybelline liner that i never heard of. haha.

 

what are sites do you venture on? :D

 

i want to sign up for the new balance tester panel, i think you get to keep the shoes you tested!

 

 

 

what's SAHM? i'm @ may PC all day every day but sometimes i just forget to check my email.. i'm getting better though. lol!



 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three posts above this one I posted a link to a great board to get started.  I also posted a link further up to join the L'oreal panel. 

 

It is a lot of fun, but if you aren't careful you can end up doing a lot of work for nothing.  That's why we take care of each other on that board I posted.  Lurk it for awhile and get the basic idea, then see if it's something you want to pursue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you! I'll check it out. How do I know if something is going to be alot of work?

 

I just think it'd be fun to get products and give my feedback. I'm constantly buying new products and seeing if I like them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Surveys usually come with numbers, and we post the good ones in the thread for the survey company it comes from. Then you watch your email, or the company site to see if those surveys show up for you.  After awhile you start being able to figure out which ones will probably lead to product tests.  You also need to watch what the companies are offering in pay.  A lot of sites try to pay you .33 cents to do a 20 minute survey.  Pass on those and only do the ones that offer a decent wage...unless it smells like a product test, or you know from the message board that it leads to something good like a well paying focus group.

Originally Posted by xoxelizabeth189 View Post

Thank you! I'll check it out. How do I know if something is going to be alot of work?

 

I just think it'd be fun to get products and give my feedback. I'm constantly buying new products and seeing if I like them.

 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really.  You just have to look at it like any new job.  It takes a little bit of time to get the hang of it, but once you do it's smooth sailing.

 

It's really easy, really fun, and if you get into focus groups it pays really, really well(like $75/hr well!). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing the information with us, the perks seem quite nice, although many of these panels and offers are only valid to US residents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Originally Posted by MommaMonster View Post

All the sneaker panels make you send them back because they need to see how the shoes wear.  Cutting up used, dirty sneakers sounds like such a great job, eh?

 

I've done a ton of skincare product tests over the years, and the Skinceuticals is the first one I didn't give to my mother-in-law when the test was done.  I love it, and yeah, that was the test.  I did the polish one, and a hairspray one a few weeks later for gifts.  Do not like the Maybelline liner, though!  LOL!

 

I'm a member of a ton of survey sites.  The best way to find them is to watch this board:  http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?sduid=438547&f=39  We post all the good surveys/companies to help each other out.

 



 



 

i didn't qualify for that hairspray study >:( do you always answer truthfully or do you tweak your answers? in the first months when i tried to qualf. for studies i would always answer truthfully when it came to what brands i use  for mascara, lipstick, etc. but i noticed (or maybe i'm paranoid) if you don't have at least one brand of the loreal corp. on your list, they'll kick you out right away and say you don't qualify.

 

maybe i'm really just thinking about it too much.. but i want to partake in EVERY study lol :D

 

what did you get for the hairspray study?

 

i ended up swapping my kiehls treatment for a NARS blush :D so glad i did!

i actually swapper my skinceuticals cream too because they sent me one for "environmentally damaged skin" (sun-exposure, etc.) and i'm 21, pale as a ghost and barely ever go into the sun. idk why they thought sending me a something like that was a good idea. i'm always honest with questions about skin type etc. oh well! got a bunch of MAC for it, lol :D

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

 

 

 

 

SAHM = Stay At Home Mom

SAHW = Stay At Home Wife

 

 

 

 

ahh, thanks lady! :) i hope one day i can be a SAHW.. LOL. right now i work more than my husband does, so i feel like that's not happening anytime soon. hahaha.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Not really.  There are tons of companies that are international, and even more that are UK/Europe specific.  Greenfield online has(had? I stopped checking) a product test page that us Americans can barely use because it's almost all UK based products and they don't want our input!  LOL!

Originally Posted by katana View Post

Thanks for sharing the information with us, the perks seem quite nice, although many of these panels and offers are only valid to US residents.



.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, one of the perks of being a beauty junkie is that you almost always have L'Oreal products, so aren't *really* tweaking your answers.  I've been doing this long enough that I don't stress it anymore.  I know if I don't get in to one that something I'll enjoy more is right around the corner anyway.  I got a Falsies Mascara and some weird pencil that had shadow on one end and a liner on the other(crappy, crappy thing) for the hairspray survey.  I'm an old bat, so the 'environmentally damaged' was perfect for me.

 

Originally Posted by Katie-Gaslight View Post


 



 

i didn't qualify for that hairspray study >:( do you always answer truthfully or do you tweak your answers? in the first months when i tried to qualf. for studies i would always answer truthfully when it came to what brands i use  for mascara, lipstick, etc. but i noticed (or maybe i'm paranoid) if you don't have at least one brand of the loreal corp. on your list, they'll kick you out right away and say you don't qualify.

 

maybe i'm really just thinking about it too much.. but i want to partake in EVERY study lol :D

 

what did you get for the hairspray study?

 

i ended up swapping my kiehls treatment for a NARS blush :D so glad i did!

i actually swapper my skinceuticals cream too because they sent me one for "environmentally damaged skin" (sun-exposure, etc.) and i'm 21, pale as a ghost and barely ever go into the sun. idk why they thought sending me a something like that was a good idea. i'm always honest with questions about skin type etc. oh well! got a bunch of MAC for it, lol :D

 

 

 

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ah, well at least i didn't miss out on some major, amazing product :D glad the skin cream worked for you! i tried it and it felt really nice and all, but i just didn't see what good it could be to my skin except giving it moisture.. but i already have a good moisturizer. haha. i'll be honest, before i got it i had never heard of skinceuticals. i remember i got the parcel delivered to my work, i opened it like a crazy person (i tore it apart in seconds) and stared at the packaging. A MOISTURIZER? REALLY? then i looked up how much it's worth and almost fainted. hahaha.

 

i didn't think i have that much loreal, but i actually noticed i do quite a bit. i had no idea how many brands they actually own! like, i knew the body shop and lancome was theirs, as well as kiehls.. but i had no clue that covergirl and maybelline were l'oreal also!

 

did you ever get something really, really big? it's weird, but you can barely find anything about the LCTP anywhere on the web. i think i've seen one blog entry on a coupon-savings kind of blog. it was two years old, and the girl who sent it to the blog owner received a MAJOR package from loreal for participating in a 12 week lipbalm study. i think it was like $500 worth of HE make up for one study. then again, it was 12 weeks. haha.

 

i wish i'd live in NJ just so i could go to their study HQ directly! xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by MommaMonster View Post

 

I got into a 10wk lipbalm study last year.  We got almost $400 worth of products...mostly high-end.  It was ah-may-zing!!!

 

it had like a ton of lancome and all, right?

that must be the same study.

 

 

gahhhh. i want to get into something like that!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This sounds amazing! but do they sell your information? I don't want to get an a**ton of spam mail in my name for the rest of eternity because of something I signed up for lol

Didn't stop me from signing up though biggrin.gif

 

 

Quote:
  • With our trusted partners (affiliates, clients or other third parties) who work on behalf of or with BzzAgent : (1) to help BzzAgent communicate with you about offers from BzzAgent and our marketing partners; (2) to help BzzAgent customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients; and (3) to help BzzAgent provide our services (for example, order fulfillment, statistical analyses, list analysis, data processing and to comply with unsubscribed lists).
  • With our subsidiaries and affiliates some of whom help us provide the services mentioned above. We also may share your information with any company who may purchase BzzAgent or substantially all of our assets in the future.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by americanclassic View Post

 

This sounds amazing! but do they sell your information? I don't want to get an a**ton of spam mail in my name for the rest of eternity because of something I signed up for lol

Didn't stop me from signing up though biggrin.gif

 

 

 

Nah.  They don't sell your info to spammers.  They've got too much of a good thing going on th risk losing their agent base by doing that!  LOL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Posts

    • Here's my top 5 faves: Morphe Sigma Tom Ford Sonia Kashuk Elf
    • I'm a beginner to makeup and want to build up my brush collection. Can anyone suggest good quality brushes for me? 
    • Exactly! My favourite is this kit: https://www.chelseabeautique.co.uk/products/3d-fiber-lash-kit. My lashes never looked better. If you've never tried 3D Fiber Lash Mascara you definitely should do it.
    • It's now officially autumn, and I am so excited for it. From now on, each day will get a little shorter, more restful, more fun, right? Until December 21, when we can celebrate! My thought will be, as each day gets a little shorter, each day I will use a little more product; my credit card balance will disappear little by little. Each day a little happier, a little more free, is my vision for autumn! I made a little head start. I've already made an extra payment on my credit card (balance $470). Also, I have already used my four Yves Rocher foil packs and one Mary Kay eye shadow card from the list above. I did a bit of cleaning and decorating. I have a cute Halloween decoration that belonged to my mom on my beauty shelf, and I am using my October 2017 Birchbox to store the samples I'm currently using up. It has a design of fall colors.  I'm now going to use up my Dior Capture Youth Serum foil sample. I got it from Sephora. I was looking at the Sephora "3 samples with purchase" page, and I saw a beautiful little pack of Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale eye cream. I always wanted to try it! I decided I needed a replacement of my cotton pads, a necessity, and then I would get the lovely Guerlain sample. I was so excited for it. But when my box came, I was disappointed to find they sent me a Dior sample instead. They also replaced the Nest perfume I had selected with Replica Beach Walk. I guess they ran out of things, which I can well understand, and the samples they sent me are still amazing, but that will teach me to be so greedy for free samples. When I looked at my bag of Shiseido cotton pads, I realized I really have a big bag, and didn't need to replace them yet. Plus I paid shipping for the Sephora cotton pads, when I could have just gone to the supermarket for some. So the Dior sample is a reminder to watch out!  Enough scolding myself; today is a new start, and I'm looking forward to a great autumn. 
    • I have not purchased any this year, as I am on a No Buy. I was always on a quest to find the perfect sub box, the one that would send me an abundance of wonderful items that would match me perfectly, for a low price. Once I found the Holy Grail box, I thought, I'd never have to buy anything, and my money problems would be solved, and I'd have the perfect beauty routine. I thought it would make life so much simpler. But there are so many boxes now, it's confusing to know which to choose. Even if you just get Birchbox, there are so many tempting box upgrades and limited edition boxes and sample choices. Then there is always a letdown when the box does not match expectations, and sends things you don't care for. I don't look at the the spoilers, to avoid temptation. I don't miss the boxes all that much for now. 

Eye Makeup Reviews

[[Template advancedfooter/front/blocks/pagesBlock is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lips

[[Template advancedfooter/front/blocks/pagesBlock is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Makeup Brushes and Tools

[[Template advancedfooter/front/blocks/pagesBlock is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

Follow us

Recent tweets

MakeupTalk Facebook - 911K Likes

×