bzz agent - consumer testing panel (aka lookie what i got to try out!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
gals,

i got my first parcel form bzz agent today.

for those of you who don't know what that is... it's a testing panel where you sign up and can participate in studies. i signed up in may but it seemed like you have ton have lots of point to get into the better studies.

well, i stopped logging in after a month cause all they did was invite me to crappy facebook campaigns or sites like about.me. about 1,5 weeks ago i got an email from them, inviting me to a maybelline studies. i immediately filled out the survey, and got approved!

today i got my package.

got 5 baby lips lip balms (there are 6, i didn't get the dark green one) and 5 great lash lots of lashes mascaras. they wrote 5 mascaras so i can share them with friends! i'll use one, and save the other 4 for my sister and mom-in-law & my hubby's two cousins who are 14 & 16. i'm sure they'll love free stuff! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and i honestly expected to maybe get one balm and one mascara. such a nice surprise!!!

if you're into testing stuff you should definitely sign up, i'm member of 2 testing panels currently (loreal and this one) and had awesome experiences with the loreal tester panel. anybody and everybody can join, and it's free!

i'm not telling you this cause i'm getting something out of it, just wanted to share! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> just google bzz agent and you'll get to the site!

sorry also for the crappy pic, my camera is still down.

what happens now is i try them out, i can review it on their site and then i'll also fill out some sort of feedback survey.

:D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

go sign up now, maybe you'll get invited to something awesome!

Bzz isn't studies, it's word of mouth advertising campaigns.  You have to tell people about the product and write reports back to Bzz.  Then at the end of the campaign you do the follow-up survey.  I don't know if they're still doing the honey-combs, but you would move up the ranks by turning in reports and surveys.  The higher up the ranks the earlier you get offered campaigns.  I gave up on them ages ago because I found better stuff!  LOL! 

I product test for L'Oreal(I'll find the sign-up link for this.  The studies are hard to get into, but the last one I did was 10wks and we got $400 in high and low end products for doing it)  I'm a Vogue Influencer and Insider.  They seem to open registration for the Influencer once a year to fill in the spaces of inactive Influencers.  It's a hell of a program if you can get in.  I've gotten over $600 of high-end beauty products(including a Clarisonic cleansing brush) in about a year.  I'm a Glamspotter for Glamour Magazine and doing a razor product test for them right now.

There are lots of fun programs out there if you stumble across them.

L'Oreal consumer testing:  https://consumertesting.lorealusa.com/survey88.asp

lol you're way better at explaining this! i'm a dumba$$! why did i write studies? lol. probably cause of loreal.

but yeah, i love the l'oreal CTP!!! i participated in 1 home study and 1 compensated survey so far, but I do allllll the pre-qualifications. They are never looking for someone like me though >.< Dammit! I got crazy expensive make up as compensation from them too! Think I signed up this past April or May.. not sure.

i'm also on that  vouge influence thingy but each time they email me i miss it and can't get anything anymore >.<

i gotta look into becoming a glamspotter.. god, i love testing stuff! it's so much fun!

I pre-qual'd for a skincare study today, but in the four years I've been on the panel I don't think I've ever seen a 'dates to be determined' study come through.  LOL!  I qual'd for a pt through them, never got the product, and they still sent me the $130 Skincutical's compensation gift!  Love them!  They *really* treat their panel memeber well.

One of the perks of being a SAHM is that I'm always around when the samples for Influencer go live.  They do tend to do it when those with jobs would have a hard time getting in on them.  Though the last Lancome mascara didn't seem to go as quickly.

Glamspotter doesn't do a lot, but it's fun when they do.

I am addicted to online surveys because I get all kinds of products to test.  I've got cereal and toilet paper tests right now.  I've gotten all kinds of skincare, and food, and cleaning products.  Heck, I've even gotten a steam mop!

hey i got that skinceuticals cream as well!!! was that a home moisturizer study a couple of months ago? i did that one!

and i also qual'd for the survey today!!! it was weird that they didn't have a date yet and stuff.

i also did a nail polish survey too (about 2 months ago), and they sent me kiehl's avocado eye treatment and a maybelline liner that i never heard of. haha.

what are sites do you venture on? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i want to sign up for the new balance tester panel, i think you get to keep the shoes you tested!

what's SAHM? i'm @ may PC all day every day but sometimes i just forget to check my email.. i'm getting better though. lol!

Originally Posted by Katie-Gaslight /img/forum/go_quote.gifwhat's SAHM? i'm @ may PC all day every day but sometimes i just forget to check my email.. i'm getting better though. lol!
SAHM = Stay At Home Mom

SAHW = Stay At Home Wife

All the sneaker panels make you send them back because they need to see how the shoes wear.  Cutting up used, dirty sneakers sounds like such a great job, eh?

I've done a ton of skincare product tests over the years, and the Skinceuticals is the first one I didn't give to my mother-in-law when the test was done.  I love it, and yeah, that was the test.  I did the polish one, and a hairspray one a few weeks later for gifts.  Do not like the Maybelline liner, though!  LOL!

I'm a member of a ton of survey sites.  The best way to find them is to watch this board:  http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?sduid=438547&f=39  We post all the good surveys/companies to help each other out.

Originally Posted by Katie-Gaslight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hey i got that skinceuticals cream as well!!! was that a home moisturizer study a couple of months ago? i did that one!

and i also qual'd for the survey today!!! it was weird that they didn't have a date yet and stuff.

i also did a nail polish survey too (about 2 months ago), and they sent me kiehl's avocado eye treatment and a maybelline liner that i never heard of. haha.

what are sites do you venture on? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i want to sign up for the new balance tester panel, i think you get to keep the shoes you tested!

what's SAHM? i'm @ may PC all day every day but sometimes i just forget to check my email.. i'm getting better though. lol!

Three posts above this one I posted a link to a great board to get started.  I also posted a link further up to join the L'oreal panel. 

It is a lot of fun, but if you aren't careful you can end up doing a lot of work for nothing.  That's why we take care of each other on that board I posted.  Lurk it for awhile and get the basic idea, then see if it's something you want to pursue.

Thank you! I'll check it out. How do I know if something is going to be alot of work?

I just think it'd be fun to get products and give my feedback. I'm constantly buying new products and seeing if I like them.

Surveys usually come with numbers, and we post the good ones in the thread for the survey company it comes from. Then you watch your email, or the company site to see if those surveys show up for you.  After awhile you start being able to figure out which ones will probably lead to product tests.  You also need to watch what the companies are offering in pay.  A lot of sites try to pay you .33 cents to do a 20 minute survey.  Pass on those and only do the ones that offer a decent wage...unless it smells like a product test, or you know from the message board that it leads to something good like a well paying focus group.

Originally Posted by xoxelizabeth189 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you! I'll check it out. How do I know if something is going to be alot of work?

I just think it'd be fun to get products and give my feedback. I'm constantly buying new products and seeing if I like them.

Thanks for your help!

It seems alot more confusing than I thought it would be. If I can figure it all out I'll probably try it.

Not really.  You just have to look at it like any new job.  It takes a little bit of time to get the hang of it, but once you do it's smooth sailing.

It's really easy, really fun, and if you get into focus groups it pays really, really well(like $75/hr well!). 

Thanks for sharing the information with us, the perks seem quite nice, although many of these panels and offers are only valid to US residents.

Originally Posted by MommaMonster /img/forum/go_quote.gif

All the sneaker panels make you send them back because they need to see how the shoes wear.  Cutting up used, dirty sneakers sounds like such a great job, eh?

I've done a ton of skincare product tests over the years, and the Skinceuticals is the first one I didn't give to my mother-in-law when the test was done.  I love it, and yeah, that was the test.  I did the polish one, and a hairspray one a few weeks later for gifts.  Do not like the Maybelline liner, though!  LOL!

I'm a member of a ton of survey sites.  The best way to find them is to watch this board:  http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?sduid=438547&f=39  We post all the good surveys/companies to help each other out.

i didn't qualify for that hairspray study > :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> do you always answer truthfully or do you tweak your answers? in the first months when i tried to qualf. for studies i would always answer truthfully when it came to what brands i use  for mascara, lipstick, etc. but i noticed (or maybe i'm paranoid) if you don't have at least one brand of the loreal corp. on your list, they'll kick you out right away and say you don't qualify.

maybe i'm really just thinking about it too much.. but i want to partake in EVERY study lol :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

what did you get for the hairspray study?

i ended up swapping my kiehls treatment for a NARS blush :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> so glad i did!

i actually swapper my skinceuticals cream too because they sent me one for "environmentally damaged skin" (sun-exposure, etc.) and i'm 21, pale as a ghost and barely ever go into the sun. idk why they thought sending me a something like that was a good idea. i'm always honest with questions about skin type etc. oh well! got a bunch of MAC for it, lol :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

SAHM = Stay At Home Mom

SAHW = Stay At Home Wife

ahh, thanks lady! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i hope one day i can be a SAHW.. LOL. right now i work more than my husband does, so i feel like that's not happening anytime soon. hahaha.

Not really.  There are tons of companies that are international, and even more that are UK/Europe specific.  Greenfield online has(had? I stopped checking) a product test page that us Americans can barely use because it's almost all UK based products and they don't want our input!  LOL!

Originally Posted by katana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for sharing the information with us, the perks seem quite nice, although many of these panels and offers are only valid to US residents.

Well, one of the perks of being a beauty junkie is that you almost always have L'Oreal products, so aren't *really* tweaking your answers.  I've been doing this long enough that I don't stress it anymore.  I know if I don't get in to one that something I'll enjoy more is right around the corner anyway.  I got a Falsies Mascara and some weird pencil that had shadow on one end and a liner on the other(crappy, crappy thing) for the hairspray survey.  I'm an old bat, so the 'environmentally damaged' was perfect for me.

Originally Posted by Katie-Gaslight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i didn't qualify for that hairspray study > :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> do you always answer truthfully or do you tweak your answers? in the first months when i tried to qualf. for studies i would always answer truthfully when it came to what brands i use  for mascara, lipstick, etc. but i noticed (or maybe i'm paranoid) if you don't have at least one brand of the loreal corp. on your list, they'll kick you out right away and say you don't qualify.

maybe i'm really just thinking about it too much.. but i want to partake in EVERY study lol :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

what did you get for the hairspray study?

i ended up swapping my kiehls treatment for a NARS blush :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> so glad i did!

i actually swapper my skinceuticals cream too because they sent me one for "environmentally damaged skin" (sun-exposure, etc.) and i'm 21, pale as a ghost and barely ever go into the sun. idk why they thought sending me a something like that was a good idea. i'm always honest with questions about skin type etc. oh well! got a bunch of MAC for it, lol :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ah, well at least i didn't miss out on some major, amazing product :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> glad the skin cream worked for you! i tried it and it felt really nice and all, but i just didn't see what good it could be to my skin except giving it moisture.. but i already have a good moisturizer. haha. i'll be honest, before i got it i had never heard of skinceuticals. i remember i got the parcel delivered to my work, i opened it like a crazy person (i tore it apart in seconds) and stared at the packaging. A MOISTURIZER? REALLY? then i looked up how much it's worth and almost fainted. hahaha.

i didn't think i have that much loreal, but i actually noticed i do quite a bit. i had no idea how many brands they actually own! like, i knew the body shop and lancome was theirs, as well as kiehls.. but i had no clue that covergirl and maybelline were l'oreal also!

did you ever get something really, really big? it's weird, but you can barely find anything about the LCTP anywhere on the web. i think i've seen one blog entry on a coupon-savings kind of blog. it was two years old, and the girl who sent it to the blog owner received a MAJOR package from loreal for participating in a 12 week lipbalm study. i think it was like $500 worth of HE make up for one study. then again, it was 12 weeks. haha.

i wish i'd live in NJ just so i could go to their study HQ directly! xD

Latest posts

Back