Katie-Gaslight

bzz agent - consumer testing panel (aka lookie what i got to try out!)

I've been invited to a CarMD campaign. It's a pay-to-play campaign, and I'm not sure if I'd use the thing ever. So I'm not sure I'll be joining.

Originally Posted by amberlamps View Post

I've been invited to a CarMD campaign. It's a pay-to-play campaign, and I'm not sure if I'd use the thing ever. So I'm not sure I'll be joining.

I got invited too. Does pay to play mean you pay for the item and then use it?

I would never use it, but I guess I could give it to my parents and have them use it. But it's not very often that I would need to have my car fixed.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops View Post

Yeah, I got invited to, it's $56 to participate. 

To me that's not worth it. Even though your getting it at like 70% off.

It seems like they invited a ton of people into this one. I've only been apart of BZZ Agent for like 3 weeks and most people said it takes awhile to get campaigns.

Originally Posted by xoxelizabeth189 View Post

To me that's not worth it. Even though your getting it at like 70% off.

It seems like they invited a ton of people into this one. I've only been apart of BZZ Agent for like 3 weeks and most people said it takes awhile to get campaigns.

I'm sure they invite everyone to one that you have to pay for, as long as you said you have a car or whatever. But I'm not gonna pay to do advertising for someone. 

You know.. if father's day were sooner, I'd get it. My dad works on cars all the time since he's retired and has a ton of oldies and it'd probably be beneficial for him. I'm going to look into the thing a lot more though.

Originally Posted by amberlamps View Post

You know.. if father's day were sooner, I'd get it. My dad works on cars all the time since he's retired and has a ton of oldies and it'd probably be beneficial for him. I'm going to look into the thing a lot more though.

It only works on cars 1996 and old though. So he probably wouldn't be able to use it on his older cars.

I don't know how it works, but you could give it to him to try and then you post his comments on the thing or whatever. They do say the more campaigns you do the better chance you have at getting another. Because of the whole points system they use. The higher amount of points you get[from doing the surveys and campaigns] the better chance you have at getting a survey.

Just signed up!!! I'm part of loreal consumer testing but have yet to be picked for anything. In over a year I have not qualified for anything lol

Originally Posted by Amber Blevins View Post

Just signed up!!! I'm part of loreal consumer testing but have yet to be picked for anything. In over a year I have not qualified for anything lol

Sign up for HouseParty too! I think getting picked by them is more of a lottery type deal if you fit their demographics, but they give you great stuff. i.e. $250 Keurig brewers :D

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast View Post

Sign up for HouseParty too! I think getting picked by them is more of a lottery type deal if you fit their demographics, but they give you great stuff. i.e. $250 Keurig brewers :D

What's houseparty?

Is it similar to bzzcampaign?

Thanks for letting me know!!! :D

HECK, I was happy enough with what I got for hosting a Benefit party for them. 

Originally Posted by calexxia View Post

Did you get to try the new hello oxygen foundation?

I just saw on their website that they had a benefit campaign.

What's houseparty?

Is it similar to bzzcampaign?

Sort of. You apply to "host parties" sponsored by companies who send you all kinds of cool supplies for you and your guests. For example, The Keurig House Party I got picked for, they are sending me 14 cups, napkins, coffee, an apron, and a brewer machine. I got picked for a Bare Minerals house party a couple years ago and they sent me 15 samples of moisturizer and a few full size items to pass out to guests.

I wanted to host that party so bad!! lol how was the foundation?

Sort of. You apply to "host parties" sponsored by companies who send you all kinds of cool supplies for you and your guests. For example, The Keurig House Party I got picked for, they are sending me 14 cups, napkins, coffee, an apron, and a brewer machine. I got picked for a Bare Minerals house party a couple years ago and they sent me 15 samples of moisturizer and a few full size items to pass out to guests.

That sounds cool. Do you get notified of campaigns or do you just sign up?

Do you actually have to host a party or can I just hand out the samples to friends and family and get feedback?

Also do you get to keep the items?

That sounds cool. Do you get notified of campaigns or do you just sign up?

Do you actually have to host a party or can I just hand out the samples to friends and family and get feedback?

Also do you get to keep the items?

You get notified via email when new parties are available. You apply then you find out a few weeks later if you get picked. You are technically agreeing to host an actual party, but I have friends that haven't and they have still gotten picked to host future parties. They also send you a follow up survey at the end of your party so it's important that you fill that out. And yes you get to keep everything they send you.

I liked the new line of foundation pretty well, actually. I was (sadly) more excited by the full-size POREfessional I got, because I like BB cream better these days, but c'est la guerre.Here's what all they sent me:

14 goodie bags w/stuffers: BadGal Lash Mascara, POREfessional deluxe size, magnetic photo frame, sample vial for your matching shade, page of coupons.

The entire line of the new foundation. Each bottle had a small sample of POREfessional inside--basically swatch-size.

A hardcover book about brows and other beauty topics--forget the details, as I loaned it out to a guest

*Hervana blush

*POREfessional

*Eye contour kit

*Benetint

*Brow gel

Items with a * were full-sized

I liked the new line of foundation pretty well, actually. I was (sadly) more excited by the full-size POREfessional I got, because I like BB cream better these days, but c'est la guerre.Here's what all they sent me:

14 goodie bags w/stuffers: BadGal Lash Mascara, POREfessional deluxe size, magnetic photo frame, sample vial for your matching shade, page of coupons.

The entire line of the new foundation. Each bottle had a small sample of POREfessional inside--basically swatch-size.

A hardcover book about brows and other beauty topics--forget the details, as I loaned it out to a guest

*Hervana blush

*POREfessional

*Eye contour kit

*Benetint

*Brow gel

That's an awesome mix of full size items! I love the goodie bag items too. I gotta go swatch that foundation at Ulta soon.. but it's starting to get hot and my face + arizona heat + liquid foundation = bad.

That's an awesome mix of full size items! I love the goodie bag items too. I gotta go swatch that foundation at Ulta soon.. but it's starting to get hot and my face + arizona heat + liquid foundation = bad.

Bwahaha, yeah, I'm in AZ, too, remember?

The last remaining bottle of the foundation is going in the traveling box, by the way. If someone matched a shade, I gave it to 'em. This is a good shade, just didn't match any of us (I consciously TRIED to have a good mix of skin tones among attendees). And I traded off the Hervana for something I actually wanted a sample of, and gave the brow thing to my co-worker/enabler, but the Benetint and POREfessional would have been compensation ENOUGH, you know?

Bwahaha, yeah, I'm in AZ, too, remember?

The last remaining bottle of the foundation is going in the traveling box, by the way. If someone matched a shade, I gave it to 'em. This is a good shade, just didn't match any of us (I consciously TRIED to have a good mix of skin tones among attendees). And I traded off the Hervana for something I actually wanted a sample of, and gave the brow thing to my co-worker/enabler, but the Benetint and POREfessional would have been compensation ENOUGH, you know?

I remember! :) what shade is it?

Yeah I would have been happy with just a POREfessional house party honestly haha.

*Hervana blush

*POREfessional

*Eye contour kit

*Benetint

*Brow gel

Oh I am sooo jealous, I wanted that party so bad! I even had a dream about it. Lmao I am dying to try hervana And the shade Petal.. Sigh lol I just hosted a Duncan Hines party over the weekend and it was a blast! I did mini cupcakes with 3 mixes and a pan of brownies- they sent coupons for 4 free mixes, frosting coupons for my guests, an apron, 8 tubs of frosting and all 12 flavor packets to mix in. I had ten guests and all the neighborhood kids.. Lots of fun!

I remember! :) what shade is it?

Yeah I would have been happy with just a POREfessional house party honestly haha.

It's TOASTED BEIGE.

Originally Posted by bluemustang View Post

Oh I am sooo jealous, I wanted that party so bad! I even had a dream about it. Lmao I am dying to try hervana And the shade Petal.. Sigh lol

I just hosted a Duncan Hines party over the weekend and it was a blast! I did mini cupcakes with 3 mixes and a pan of brownies- they sent coupons for 4 free mixes, frosting coupons for my guests, an apron, 8 tubs of frosting and all 12 flavor packets to mix in. I had ten guests and all the neighborhood kids.. Lots of fun!

Petal was the shade that best suited me, which was surprising, as usually I would have grabbed Ivory. But my roommate pointed out that I've gotten slightly darker since I've lived out here. :( I miss being pale.