Katie-Gaslight

bzz agent - consumer testing panel (aka lookie what i got to try out!)

Petal was the shade that best suited me, which was surprising, as usually I would have grabbed Ivory. But my roommate pointed out that I've gotten slightly darker since I've lived out here. :( I miss being pale.

Hmmm.. I am between light and medium but more towards light and I am cool toned. Why can't it be more simple to figure out your shade? Lol

Did you or guests have it help w/ oily t zones? Porefessional doesn't help my dang shiny nose lol maybe I need to just stick with the BB cream bandwagon.

Originally Posted by bluemustang View Post

•  
  •  
  •  
Did you or guests have it help w/ oily t zones? Porefessional doesn't help my dang shiny nose lol maybe I need to just stick with the BB cream bandwagon.

That's odd....POREfessional has REALLY helped my oily zone (Most of my skin is dry as paper, though). And I can't say enough good about BB cream. But, yes, one of my friends who usually looks greasy (I'll admit it) looked GREAT with this stuff. It was better coverage than I expected, considering how light it felt on my skin.

Hmmm.. I am between light and medium but more towards light and I am cool toned. Why can't it be more simple to figure out your shade? Lol

Ivory was sometimes even too dark on me. But having been a smoker for ten years, plus living in AZ, I've taken on a tinge more color than I'd like. As far as how cool toned my skin is....well, just look at the pic, you'll see :)

What other campaigns with houseparty have you girls gotten into aside from the Keurig and Benefit ones? 

There's two going on right now, but I'm not too interested in them.

5 or 6 years ago I hosted a Sunsilk party. I don't even think Sunsilk is sold anymore is it?! I still have sample packets of it LOL. 3 years ago I hosted a Sauza Tequila party, 2 years ago a Bare Minerals party and this year a Keurig party. I don't apply to many of them because like you said, many don't interest me.

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast View Post

5 or 6 years ago I hosted a Sunsilk party. I don't even think Sunsilk is sold anymore is it?! I still have sample packets of it LOL. 3 years ago I hosted a Sauza Tequila party, 2 years ago a Bare Minerals party and this year a Keurig party. I don't apply to many of them because like you said, many don't interest me.

Deets on tequila party, lol. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops View Post

Deets on tequila party, lol. 

They sent me a margarita pitcher, 12 margarita glasses, a bamboo cutting board (for limes? idk), some drink recipes and a bunch of coupons to go buy free tequila at the store, since I think it might be against the law for them to ship the actual tequila. 

I used to do them all the time a few years ago..mi have done Hershey's bliss, Peperidge Farms cookies, a breast cancer awareness party where I got a cd and Better Homes and Gardens cookbook and a few other things, a Playskool toy party I think it was (I have four kids), The Closer party (dumb stuff), Clariol hair coloring party where everyone had own coupon for a free product with lots of hair care samples, Gerber party (baby rice, toddler snacks from their line, this was an awesome one) and I can't remember what else. They weren't as popular back then so it was much easier to get into or I fit their demographics better.

I signed up for House Party, thanks for the heads up!

Off topic: One of my favorite beers comes from Utah (Polygamy Porter).

I'm in Utah and can't do any of the alcohol parties due to our laws. So sad!

Whaaat? That sucks!

Originally Posted by amberlamps View Post

I signed up for House Party, thanks for the heads up!

Off topic: One of my favorite beers comes from Utah (Polygamy Porter).

LMAO are you making a joke or is that seriously the name of a beer? If so, that is epic.

Originally Posted by eclipsechick08 View Post

I got invited for my first campaign! WOO! And then I saw they wanted me to pay $56.. Yeah, right.

Was it the car one? I think they sent it to everyone. I got it and a few others on here did too. It makes sense for them to send it to everyone or a mass amount of people because alot won't pay the price but some might.

It wouldn't have been interesting even if it was free.

Was it the car one? I think they sent it to everyone. I got it and a few others on here did too. It makes sense for them to send it to everyone or a mass amount of people because alot won't pay the price but some might. It wouldn't have been interesting even if it was free.
If it was free I was just going to do it so I would hopefully get invited to more but oh well. I'm definitely not cashing out that much.

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast View Post

They sent me a margarita pitcher, 12 margarita glasses, a bamboo cutting board (for limes? idk), some drink recipes and a bunch of coupons to go buy free tequila at the store, since I think it might be against the law for them to ship the actual tequila. 

That sounds fun!

There's one called Reebok Happy Hour and it says you get to have drinks and snacks and then try out the latest beauty products. It hasn't started yet, but you can be notified when you can sign up to be in it.

It seems interesting. I wonder what beauty products you get to try.

Originally Posted by eclipsechick08 View Post

If it was free I was just going to do it so I would hopefully get invited to more but oh well. I'm definitely not cashing out that much.

That was the only reason I was considering doing it, but everyone says not to do one's you don't like because it takes away a spot from someone who actually would want to be in it and you can give a better review if you wanted it from the start.

That sounds fun! There's one called Reebok Happy Hour and it says you get to have drinks and snacks and then try out the latest beauty products. It hasn't started yet, but you can be notified when you can sign up to be in it. It seems interesting. I wonder what beauty products you get to try.
Where is that one? All I see is the Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom one.

I think the CarMD one gets redone every few months. I think I've said no to it 2 or 3 times already in the past, although I didn't get invited this round. (would have said no again anyway)

I noticed there's a new survey up this morning in case you gals don't check often.  It was to see what grocery stores you shop at.

I just looked at my account to see where I was at...my score jumped from a 9.1 to a 9.4 after I finished the grocery survey.  I think I was an 8.something last week, but I just finished out two campaigns, so I think it jumped up after that.

I was invited to the CarMD campaign, too. I said no, since you have to pay and because my brother-in-law is a mechanic and does all our stuff free anyway. I like that they give you a place to comment on your reason for not participating.

I want to say I think I had read that the people who were invited to the XBOX Kinect campaign last year had to pay for shipping and handling to receive their free XBOX360+Kinects.  Don't remember for sure, but that price would have been totally worth it for me, considering we already paid full price on two XBOX 360's and a Kinect.  (although probably not worth it for them since I already own a Kinect!) Not everything that isn't free is something that would get skipped.

Originally Posted by Annelle View Post

I want to say I think I had read that the people who were invited to the XBOX Kinect campaign last year had to pay for shipping and handling to receive their free XBOX360+Kinects.  Don't remember for sure, but that price would have been totally worth it for me, considering we already paid full price on two XBOX 360's and a Kinect.  (although probably not worth it for them since I already own a Kinect!) Not everything that isn't free is something that would get skipped.

Yes, very good example. I agree.