Katie-Gaslight

bzz agent - consumer testing panel (aka lookie what i got to try out!)

Originally Posted by brandyboop View Post

I just got my first Bzz Agent invite for beauty products.  It's for the Garnier BB Cream:

InviteImg

Awesome! That's a nice first campaign.

I'm excited.  They just sent me the e-mail today with the invite.  Does this mean that all BzzAgents can get in on it?  If so, check your accounts to see if you have this campaign available.  The only color selection is medium/deep.

Originally Posted by brandyboop View Post

I'm excited.  They just sent me the e-mail today with the invite.  Does this mean that all BzzAgents can get in on it?  If so, check your accounts to see if you have this campaign available.  The only color selection is medium/deep.

Nope, they send campaign invites based on survey answers and demographics, so you were specifically chosen :) congrats.

Very cool.  I like that they give all kinds of gadgets and have beauty stuff.  I love BB creams, so I can't wait to try this :)  I'm excited that I was picked!

Originally Posted by geniabeme View Post

I got that BB cream invite too! Last month I got an epilator... which is my new FAV product!!

Originally Posted by geniabeme View Post

I got that BB cream invite too! Last month I got an epilator... which is my new FAV product!!

I got the epilator too. I had never used one before so I was like OUUUUUUUUUUUCH lol my legs hurt forever but they sure were smooth ;)

Best thing I got from the L'Oreal panel so far was a full-size Vichy product. Can't recall which one right now :)

every time they sent me an email for a campaign, it filled up before I even got to it. they stopped sending me emails..

I think the one I had a chance of getting was for sliced bread, I probably should have gone for it but didn't feel like it lol

Originally Posted by americanclassic View Post

every time they sent me an email for a campaign, it filled up before I even got to it. they stopped sending me emails..

I think the one I had a chance of getting was for sliced bread, I probably should have gone for it but didn't feel like it lol

You do have to log into your account periodically to see if there are any new surveys to fill out.  If you don't fill out the surveys they won't select you for the campaigns that those surveys are searching for.  I've always opted in within 1-3 days of receiving my e-mail and haven't had any problems getting selected. If you wait a few weeks, it'll probably be filled up though!

The one I'm most sad about missing is they had one for XBOX Kinect. They were sending out free Kinects! omg I would have loved that. Except I told my survey I already owned one so I probably knocked myself out of that one!  I was hoping it was to test out a game instead, I wouldn't have imagined them shipping out the entire system.

I just signed up and finised all of the surveys..now to wait for a campaign.. That's the hard part!! That Ristorante pizza looks so delicious and now I'm hungry! lol

Originally Posted by eclipsechick08 View Post

I just signed up and finised all of the surveys..now to wait for a campaign.. That's the hard part!! That Ristorante pizza looks so delicious and now I'm hungry! lol

yeah, it seems for me sometimes nothing will happen for 3-4 months then I'll get 2 invites in a month, then nothing again for another 2-6 months.  But the products I've been able to try out from them are always enough for me to try out and sometimes enough for me to give out to friends too.  A few times I've gotten a ton of coupons to pass out to people, too.  (I've gotten a full size product for me to try out and a handful of samples to pass out before, too)

I think I typically get offered maybe 2-4 campaigns a year?  I wouldn't expect this to be anything where you're getting free products every month.  A couple campaigns I joined were merely "sign up for this website and check it out" so I didn't really receive a product out of it, just exposure to the website's offerings.

yeah, it seems for me sometimes nothing will happen for 3-4 months then I'll get 2 invites in a month, then nothing again for another 2-6 months.  But the products I've been able to try out from them are always enough for me to try out and sometimes enough for me to give out to friends too.  A few times I've gotten a ton of coupons to pass out to people, too.  (I've gotten a full size product for me to try out and a handful of samples to pass out before, too) I think I typically get offered maybe 2-4 campaigns a year?  I wouldn't expect this to be anything where you're getting free products every month.  A couple campaigns I joined were merely "sign up for this website and check it out" so I didn't really receive a product out of it, just exposure to the website's offerings.
Oh, that's kind of lame :/ Oh well, I'll keep a look out!

I finally got the Garnier BB Cream from BzzAgent.  I really like it.  It conceals my pores and my ruddy cheeks.  Here's a before and after.  What did those of you that got this campaign think?Photo on 2012-03-24 at 13.39.jpg

Photo on 2012-03-24 at 13.58.jpg

I just signed up. How long until I get a campaign? Also how often should I log in to do surveys? 

Do I have a better chance of getting more campaigns if I do the one's I get even if I'm not thrilled about them?

It's pretty hit or miss. Basically there's no telling how long until you get campaigns, because it's different for everyone. 

I get two or three campaigns a year at most. Some people get lots, and some people get hardly any. 

I wouldn't accept things you aren't actually into testing, because it's taking a spot from a person who might really really want to try it out. I wouldn't suggest doing campaigns just for the sake of doing them. I skip ones I am not interested in, or that seem like a total PIA. Not all of them give you things to test, some are websites, or programs to use, or one was a bunch of random ebooks to review and share with people. 

I didn't get a campaign for 11 months! It was ridiculous! Then I got 2 really close together, didn't get anything for about 6 months, got 3 really close together, and nothing for a few months now. It's pretty sporadic.

You just need to make sure your surveys have all been completed.  They usually won't remind you to take surveys unless you've had unfinished ones for a reallllllllly long time, and they don't let you know when there are new surveys.

The surveys are how they determine whether you are sent an invite to a campaign.

And yes, it's infrequent.  Sometimes I'll wait 6 months or longer before getting an invite.  Sometimes I'll get an invite a week after I've started another campaign.  They seem to come in spurts for me (I'll have nothing for a few months, then suddenly I'll get 2 or 3 invites in a single month)

They just changed their ranking system from bee level to bzzscore.  Bee level was determined by activity done during a campaign, thus the more campaigns you did, the more chances you had at increasing your bee level.  But, I think there were only 6 bee levels max.  The new BzzScore (they just introduced it this month?) is based on how active you are and goes up and down on a scale of 0-10.  I think it said if you're super low on the scale it means you're either really inactive and probably won't get sent many invites, or you're extremely new and haven't had a chance to prove yourself.

I think the purpose is to try to give newer folks a better chance of getting campaign invites over older folks (once you were at max bee level...you were at max bee level, so you had an even chance with everyone else up there with you) who didn't actually follow through and participate (but who still got priority invite since they were max bee level).

Bzz has been around for years, so there were tons of folks who were already at max.

Originally Posted by BrittneyMarie View Post

I didn't get a campaign for 11 months! It was ridiculous! Then I got 2 really close together, didn't get anything for about 6 months, got 3 really close together, and nothing for a few months now. It's pretty sporadic.

Actually if that's happening for you, I wonder if that's what they normally do?  (e.g. group up campaign invites by priority level so when you get to the front of the line you just get invited to all of the campaigns you're eligible at the time?)  I wonder if that's what happens to everyone else too, since that's how it happens for me.

I'll get absolutely nothing for a long time, then in a matter of 2-3 weeks I've suddenly got a few of them in a row.  I've only been a member for 2 years, but I remember co-workers from 7 years ago that were a part of Bzz...it's why I signed up with them when I re-found them a few years ago.

I've been a member since 03/04/2012. I did all of the surveys in like one day, ha. I got invited to a Hill's Science Diet pet food campaign, and was selected to participate. It came really fast, I picked cat food since my dog is really picky and my cats eat everything.

My BzzScore is currently 6.0 but there are no new surveys and I can't increase the score since I don't have a blog/facebook/twitter.

Overall, I like BzzAgent

Originally Posted by MommaMonster View Post

While we're sharing...

Do you do HouseParty?  http://houseparty.com/  We've had a bunch of really fun parties and gotten lots of great stuff to try through them.

Ahhhh I'm so excited, I got picked to host the Keurig Vue House Party! I've been wanting a Keurig brewer for so long! I can't believe I'm getting one for free :)