Best way to make smaller shoulders?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I have pretty big shoulders. I was still wondering if there was anyone that knew a method that could shrink it a bit? >_< Thanks!

can't really shrink your skeletal structure.  You can de-emphasize them by the clothing you wear. 

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

can't really shrink your skeletal structure.  You can de-emphasize them by the clothing you wear. 
Well, ya. But I was just hoping there might be a way...

I like having broader shoulders, it makes for a nice silhouette.  Models have broader shoulders than hips.  Clothing hangs better.  This is also one of the reasons why drag queens look so good in women's clothing - broad shoulders/narrow hips. 

Lol! Well I'm a guy. Going to be a girl of course. -__-"" ANYWAYS I don't think I like my big shoulders very much.... ;l. Like... all the dresses I wear doesn't look good with big shoulders.... T.T

IC  -  You gotta be a bit more specific so we can answer your questions properly.  

You can wear dresses that have padded hips, they will help with your proportions.  Maybe it's your upper arms that is throwing off proportions and not shoulders?  You can't really change certain aspects of yourself.  Many women (genetically XX) have larger upper arms as well, its not really something we can change, we just work around it and emphasize the features we like. 

I have many friends who are TG or Crossdressers. A lot of men have the problem with their shoulders being very wide and looking a tad strange when wearing certain outfits.

An easy solution is to wear a cardigan or shoulder cover to conceal them. This can be done easily with a strappy dress and look quite cute. There are also a number of really cute long sleeve short dresses and 3/4 length sleved dresses, these always look fabulous on a guy.

Don't wear anything with shoulder pads, as it only emphasizes them. You can't really lose weight in certain spots, but perhaps toning up and lowering your overall body fat percentage would have some effect. (I'm not sure the way you look now, perhaps your small enough, it is only a suggestion)

Let us know if trying a few different outfits helps at all.

It is very difficult for a man to wear super revealing, "barely there" clothing and not look like a guy. A males body structure is quite different then a womans and generally quite larger.

You can't shrink your shoulders but you can draw attention away from them.

Oh wow. I just noticed. I could just send a pic so you all know what I'm talking about. LOL! Ew. I hated this picture -__-"" I don't like the dress btw. It seems too old ._."" LOL!  But it was the only pic that I had of my back. Anyways it's---. Not sure if it's the shoulders or arms that are big. But I definately know somethings big ;l

Picture not found...could you please embed it into the thread using that icon to the left of the film strip??

I can't see it to do it for you.  

From the photo is doesn't look like it is so much your shoulders as its your arms that look muscular.

Originally Posted by katana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

From the photo is doesn't look like it is so much your shoulders as its your arms that look muscular.
So it's more my arm? o.o. How do I make my arm smaller? XD LOL! I haven't excercised or did anything for a longgg time (4 yrs);l. No sports or anything. T.T

The only thing you can do is see a doctor and ask for female hormones so you don't have as much muscle mass.

Originally Posted by Hezzie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The only thing you can do is see a doctor and ask for female hormones so you don't have as much muscle mass.
I was for only like... 5 months until my parents found out... ;l

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A strict diet can help out too.

What kind of diet?

Like women with bigger arms, wear clothing that covers your arms.  You can add a bolero jacket to that dress to cover the arms (or a dress like that), off shoulder dresses will cover arms as well.   You can show off the shoulder and hide the arms at the same time :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Yaaaa but iono ._."" I feel old or something if I wear it. XD I'm interested in the diets or excercises to make it smaller though! <3 ;D Lol!

Your arms are not fat so diet is not going to make your arms smaller.  Bulk in muscle usually doesn't diminish except with atrophy.  You can try swimming or light repetitive weights.  Camouflage is pretty much your solution or the female hormones that Katana suggested before.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Your arms are not fat so diet is not going to make your arms smaller.  Bulk in muscle usually doesn't diminish except with atrophy.  You can try swimming or light repetitive weights.  Camouflage is pretty much your solution or the female hormones that Katana suggested before.

However doesn't swimming make broader shoulders? And more toned arms? ._. Since my arms are toned already wouldn't they just get like... bigger toned? >.<

Back