Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter Swatches

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys! So, in case you haven't seen, Revlon has a new product out called ColorBurst Lip Butters. There's 20 shades and supposedly they're going to be permanent. The only places that have really had these are Walgreen's, Rite Aid and the super cool Bed, Bath and Beyond's (with a cosmetic section). I picked mine up for $7.49, but the price might vary depending on your store/state. 

Pretty quilted packaging with a clear top. The lipsticks are round and sit flush with the container, as opposed to being pointy and sticking up a bit like traditional lipsticks. 

Sorry for the blurry picture. It was a weird angle, I guess, and I didn't realize it turned out so fuzzy until it was too late. 

L-R: Red Velvet, Candy Apple, Raspberry Pie, Berry Smoothie and Pink Truffle. Swatched once. 

I couldn't help myself and had to get a couple more during the BOGO 1/2 sale at Walgreen's. 

L-R: Strawberry Shortcake and Peach Parfait. Swatched once. 

Warning! Big scary Rocky Horror lip swatches ahead! 

Berry Smoothie

Candy Apple

Peach Parfait

Pink Truffle

Raspberry Pie (as you can see, I had some application issues with this one. The round tip makes it somewhat difficult to get a crisp line on the thin part of your lips).

Red Velvet

Strawberry Shortcake

Have a great day, guys!

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

awesome swatches!  So these are pretty much like tinted lip balm?

That's the cool thing - they're as moisturizing as a lip balm (they have jojoba oil, shea butter and mango butter, which I guess I forgot to mention in the original post), but they do have the pigmentation of a lipstick. I only swatched/applied one layer, but they can all be built up to look suuuuper bright/saturated. And they have a slightly staining effect. Raspberry Pie and Red Velvet leave the most noticeable stain, but all of them fade evenly, which is nice. Revlon's actually calling these a lip stick, so I'll go with that, but it's hands down one of the best lip sticks you can get in the drugstore these days. 

Wow these look so beautiful! Thanks for swatching!

By the way, I noticed some shimmer when you swatched it on your lips. Are they very noticeable or are they subtle pretty? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />?

oohhh... the peach parfait has a little bit of a golden sheen on them. your swatches are lovely!

Ooooh, I want peach parfait and berry smooth! Must...resist!

And thanks for the swatches! 

I love my lip butter and I have it in Sweet Tart. It's my go to lipstick ever :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Here's a swatch from my blog to those interested. 

I just got strawberry shortcake and I absolutely love it! It looks so good against my fair skin and I'm so happy I picked that color! I think I may go get Peach Parfait next, I don't know if I can stay away they're just too pretty!

xx Iris

I really want to get Peach Parfait and Creme Brulee next time! Candy apple looks really pretty too! I love that they came up with so many different shades to choose from :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'll have to look in Walgreen's for these. I'm loving the Red Velvet, Candy Apple, and Sweet Tart. Raspberry Pie is very pretty as well.

I have the color Cupcake. It's a very light sheer sort of pink shade. I always blot the color... it seems like when you just put it on it's so waxy and there's a lot of unessicary color and when you blot it it's just right ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back