Hyaluronic Acid Help!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wow! It's been a long time since I've been on here! Hello Again! Hopefully someone can answer my question or suggest me the right direction.
I've changed my moisturizer to adapt to winter. Dry air and cooler temps here are already wrecking havoc on my dry skin. I'm currently using La Roch Posay Toleriane Ultra and it's working really good! But I would like to add a Hydrochloric Acid serum into my routine. I did some research and came across a few good options that looked promising. However they added ingredients that seemed counter productive. Like alcohol and the obvious preservatives. I realize those are needed for shelf life. Then I came across this one http://cellbone.com/pureHA.htm . Has anyone heard of this company? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Never heard of the company however there are products on the market that don't use hydrochloric acid. I'm using one by Artistry (retails for a little under $100) which uses a mushroom extract, I love it and I did get it for free. Would I buy it once I run out? While I love it I really hate the price so that's the only thing that would keep me of buying it but it really is a good product. If you have money to buy it then get it. Also note that Artistry, which is part of Amway, does have a 100% money back guarantee.

I did do a google search on hydrochloric acid products and there are numerous products on the market available at health food stores. Personally I'd be wary of buying it straight and using it on my face but there are other places to get hydrochloric acid for less so do more research before making your decision.

**I edited your title to read the proper name 

Hyaluronic Acid  is what you are wanting to add to your serum, not hydrochloric acid.  There is a huge difference between the 2, 1 being hydrochloric acid will eat your face and hyaluronic acid is a humectant.  

I have purchased from Cellbone before but not the HA.  I've bought caviar extract solution and the glycolic acid and they were both great.  I make my creams from scratch.  I bought my HA in powder form in Makingcosmetics.com  A little goes a long ways as usage is about 0.01% - 1%  I 10g.  The gel may be easier for you to work with.  I don't see the harm in adding it.  You should try the caviar extract for extra moisture, the stuff is awesome as well. 

I used to get mushroom extract at lotioncrafters but its not there anymore.  Reishi mushroom powder is available at Gardenofwisdom.com  I add this to my cream as well along with a couple of capsules of Coenzyme Q10.  

Shitake mushroom solution is available on cellbone too.

Ooohhh, thanks for info on the mushroom extract. Like I said what I was given for free normally costs $100 and while I like it I HATE the price. Always looking out for a less expensive option.

Ha! My bad. Yes, I would like the one that does NOT eat away my face. That would defeat the purpose. Thanks for the info!

Be careful to measure out the HA, less is more in this case.  Too much - greater than 1% is just a waste of product.

Should I be concerned that there is 'no' preservative's listed in the ingredient formulation? ....or is fine without?

You can purchase 30ml of a simple hyaluronic acid serum on eBay for $7! The seller I used added a little vitamin C for preservative and advised to store in the refrigerator. As Divadoll says, it's even cheaper to make your own - Lotioncrafter sell enough HA powder to make 500ml for $15. For $28 and no preservative I'd expect an airless pump not a dropper bottle - it's possible they have filter sterilised and/ or prepared in a clean room but that does not stop you accidentally touching the dropper to your hand.

Back