UGG boots..ok for men??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
[SIZE=9pt]My bf's story:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]I just bought a pair of UGG boots, there super comfortable, warm, and give me a little nostalgia from my surf rat days.[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]**mod edit - dead link removed.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Problem is, I'm getting sh!t from friends that only chicks can wear them... Blah, blah. I could care less, but I'm curious.. Any guys here wear them? Or am I stupid and misguided, and going to have people pointing and laughing all winter?[/SIZE]

I'm not a guy but my husband has said he woulnt be caught dead wearing them lol But ev1 has their own style.

I havent ever seen any men or guys wearing uggs before, they are generally a female form of footwear, however wear what you want. As long as you are comfortable in them and like them who cares what anyone else may think.

I personally have seen men wear Ugg boots. Didn't look ridiculous at all. I've seen many different styles of them and many look unisex to me. If they're pink and have little ribbons and kitty cats on them, you may wind up getting razzed depending on how open/closed minded the area you live in is. But somehow I doubt that is the type of style you chose :) I wouldn't worry about it. Wear whatever you want and to hell with those with closed minds. Women wear men's clothes & footwear all the time. At one time we were called some pretty nasty things for just having the gall to wear trousers instead of skirts. It's about time societies everywhere got their priorities straight.

LOL!

Originally Posted by satojoko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

...If they're pink and have little ribbons and kitty cats on them, you may wind up getting razzed depending on how open/closed minded the area you live in is. But somehow I doubt that is the type of style you chose :) I wouldn't worry about it. ..

Holy smokes..... if I told my hubby about this post he'd fall over.

His recent Facebook status was:  "Really?  REALLY?  Man up fellas. You're looking way too fem lately!"

I'd have to say, I'd probably giggle a bit if I saw a guy in Uggs. But different strokes for different folks!

I've seen men wear them and they looked ok, just like a surfer look. Maybe the reason I've seen them is because people go for the surfer look where we live. Surfing is huge here.

I've never seen a guy wear them in person. But it seems like it should be ok.

I know Tom Brady of the New England Patriots is the new spokesperson for Ugg and I think he was photographed in Boston wearing them. He does have a commercial that airs during football and everything.

Doesn't matter that men wear UGG as long as it suits your style. It's ridiculous when a men wear a business suit set with a pair of ugg, imagine that.

I have never, ever seen a guy in uggs, I rarely see guys in boots; if they wear them, they tend to look like this:

but even then I don't see those often.

If he doesn't mind a few stares from strangers, then it's fine

I feel that men should be able to wear anything they want!! That said... No one should wear uggs!! Imho. God are they ugly! Lol.

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have never, ever seen a guy in uggs, I rarely see guys in boots; if they wear them, they tend to look like this:

but even then I don't see those often.

If he doesn't mind a few stares from strangers, then it's fine
That boot style is HAWT for both men and women this season. Got myself a pair in brown and black. Wear them CONSTANTLY. With cuffed skinny jeans, tucked in them, with leggings and skirts. Men can definitely pull off that look above if done tastefully!

agreed. the flat, paw-like Ugg boots are not attractive...

I would go for Dr Martens

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I feel that men should be able to wear anything they want!! That said... No one should wear uggs!! Imho. God are they ugly! Lol.

Docs gets my vote.  I don't like Uggs on anyone.  They look sloppy.  

Originally Posted by musingmuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

agreed. the flat, paw-like Ugg boots are not attractive...

I would go for Dr Martens

I don't even know what Uggs look like. :- 

I think it's immature and dumb your friends are ranking on your bf's choice of shoes. 

Latest posts

Back