how can i lose the weight? and get toned?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
okay so im 15 and i weigh 160, ive posted stuff about weight before and back then i was 155 so i have gained a little bit. so the school year started not to long ago, and ive decided that i REALLY want to lose weight so i feel comfortable around people. and ive decided to give myself until summer which is in june. so if its about december now, it would be december-june which is about 6 months? and i wanna weigh around 110-120 so i would have to lose 40 pounds and the least. is that healthy to lose that much in that much time? and how could i do it? i also wanna get really toned! i dont wanna giggle. but i still wanna look feminie. and i want a better bottay! haha idk if anyone has any advice id REALLY apreciate it
smilehappyyes.gif

Walk whenever  you can, walk around school at lunch, walk to and from school.  Run, ride your bike, go swimming and have some fun, go out with friends- not in sitting in front of a computer or tv.  Avoid junk food - chips, pop, fries, anything deep fried or came out of a vending machine or the words FAST associated with the restaurant.  Drink lots of water, at least 2L worth and allow yourself to lose the weight and don't get discouraged when the pounds are not jumping off.  It took you at least 3 months to gain that additional 5lbs, you'll have to allow yourself time to take 40lbs off.  

Depending on your physiology, 110-120 may not be a healthy weight for you.  You'll have to look to see what your BMI is and what is your ideal weight.  My son is 14 and he weighs 165 but he is not fat nor out of shape @ 5'9". 

I weighed about the same at that age and thought I was big at the time. Now I would kill to be that size again and wish I had appreciate it more back then.

If you want to lose weight,than follow the tips given below

1) Do regular exercise

2) Walk daily for 45 min

3) Take good diet,fruits,green vegetable and all...

4) Drink plenty of water

5) Eat only when you are hungry

Last edited by a moderator:
6 months is a decent amount of time to give yourself to lose weight, although I wouldn't put a specific number on what you want your goal to be. Make your goal to simply lose weight, get toned and be healthier, that way you won't get discouraged and it is 100% possible to achieve.

The maximum amount of weight you should be loosing is 2lbs a week, with a strict diet and excercising.

Excercising and getting your body moving is the most beneficial. Try cardio like walking, jogging and runnnig on a treadmill.

Eliminating certain foods from your diet or at least restricting them is also important. You don't want to deny yourself anything completely though if it will lead to you craving it and caving in to that craving and perhaps over eating.

Eat more fruits and vegetables and whole grains, and less fried foods like fast food, potato chips, junk food snacks, and soda. Drink plenty of water or fluids like juice or pureed or pressed juices instead of pop.

Try eating 6 smaller meals throughout the day to keep your metabolism working if its due able for you. If not then eat your 3 meals and replace snacks inbetween with fruit, veggies, crackers & cheese, yogurt or nuts and dried fruits.

Allow yourself one cheat day a week (maybe friday or saturday when you are out socializing and it may be harder to stay on track) to keep you from straying during the week.

Don't weigh yourself everyday, as this is inaccurate because your weight will flactuate day to day for many reasons. Instead weigh yourself at the same time each week, to get a better idea of how well you are doing.

Don't get discouraged or give up. It will take you time to reach your goal and it may take some time to see the numbers on the scale reflecting your hard work.

A better indication of how well you are doing is by the way your clothing fits. 

Once you reach a small goal of say 10lbs, treat yourself to something nice like a new piece of clothing or a beauty product. Use this as another insentive to keep on track.

Setting a goal of 6lbs a month is do able and not excessive.

Don't push yourself to the point you are unhappy. Life is meant to be enjoyed at all sizes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Good luck!

We would love to hear from you as you progress!

Exercise, drink plenty of water, don't indulge in junk food, have a healthy diet, eat smaller meals throughout the day, walk where you can.

Losing weight will take time, so don't expect a massive result within a week.

Good luck and don't be too hard on yourself :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hello,

If you want to lose weight in proper manner then do the following steps:

1) Do regular exercise in morning and evening, walking is also important walk daily in morning and evening at least 1 hour.

2) Avoid junk foods, drink juices.

3. Drink plenty of water. First how to shed weight quickly tip is that our system needs a lot of water so give in to water. Water is not just way to get rid of out toxins but if you have more water in your system you will generally experience healthier and stronger. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back