Why is there no forum about teeth?? :O

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As the title says, I was just wondering why there's no forum about teeth and such! I mean, teeth is a very important part of beauty. Also, I would like to get some tips about how to keep your teeth white and healthy

I am one of those unlucky people to have been born with not so pretty teeth. After I lost my baby teeth, we realized that two of my front teeth (the ones next to the very front teeth) were missing. I had to live with this (honestly, it didn't look THAT bad because I have a small jaw and other teeth filled out that space pretty well) for a few years until I had braces for about a year. But during that time my teeth got a bit discolored.. 

I recently started with Opalescence tooth whitening systems - and I'm loving the results! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's a bit pricy the first time you do it, because I went to my dentist to get special fitted mouthpieces for the bleach, but it's nice that you can do it at home and you can actually see some clear results! Now I'm just wondering if there's something special you can do to keep your teeth from discoloring again? I read that you should brush your teeth after eating/drinking something that can discolor your teeth (like wine, tea, etc.)... but who walks around with a toothbrush and toothpaste when you're out? :/ Since I used Opalscence bleach for my teeth, should I start using their toothpaste to keep my teeth white and nice looking??

Moreover, I'm going to the dentist in a few months to "build" my teeth the right shape, so that no one will ever know I'm actually missing teeth, haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also have to add that I normally hate talking about my teeth... It's an insecurity I have. But I feel like when I talk about things like this and share it with others, it's not an insecurity anymore. And who knows, it might be inspirational to someone in the same situation. Sharing is better than hiding! 

There are a number of threads on our forum about teeth whitening and other issues with teeth.

Here are a few, for more search " teeth whitening " in the search bar at the top of the page.

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/114514/teeth-whitening

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/83763/teeth-whitening

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/74195/teeth-whitening

If you wanted to use their toothpaste that is probably what that company would reccommend, so it wouldn't hurt.

Otherwise I would use a whitening toothpaste of any kind. If your teeth are very discoloured then you could try Crest Whitening Strips but they can cause sensitivity.

Bakingsoda used once awhile along with your toothpaste works too. It's probably the most natural way to whiten your teeth. You just don't want to use it too often, so you don't wear the enemal on your teeth.

Oh, I couldn't find any forum to match the subject, but thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Exactly, I'm not sure toothpaste with "whitening effect" is good for your teeth. I might have to ask my dentist about that. Don't think I'll try baking soda though.. sounds... gross :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> haha

You were literally missing your front teeth? That's crazy.. Does anyone else in your family have that? I know a girl with three front teeth instead of two (like, the very front ones, so there was one tooth in the center), and her mom has it too. Any children of mine will be f***ked, because my teeth were a trainwreck before braces lol

My teeth used to be really white, but then college happened lol. I don't care enough that I'd spend $50 on some whitening kit, but who knows.

Well the teeth next to my front teeth. And no, no one else in my family had that, so we were all a bit shocked... and it sucks for me because personally I think it looks stupid, while my mom has always told me it's "cute" and "charming". :/ 

Oh, well that sucks xD Hopefully, our future kids will get their teeth-genes from our husbands, LOL.

I agree, I'd love to see a forum on whitening.  I'm obsesses with white teeth.

I always tell all of my friends and fam to purchase from www.brightwhitesmiles.net, as I have been ordering through them for year.  It took a long time to find someone reliable with good gel.

Best of luck...

Quote: Originally Posted by Tirin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Oh, I couldn't find any forum to match the subject, but thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Exactly, I'm not sure toothpaste with "whitening effect" is good for your teeth. I might have to ask my dentist about that. Don't think I'll try baking soda though.. sounds... gross :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> haha

You would think, huh?  I actually use it on top of normal toothpaste every time I brush and it really isn't that bad.  Even after using it just one time I could see a difference.  Just thought I'd add that its not horrible like it sounds like it would be :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back