Best Bargain Priced Brushes??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need some new make-up brushes. Mine are getting old and I'd really like to replace them. I have ELF brushes and some random brushes. I'd like to buy a set, but I could do random brushes again. If I get them seperatly, I'd like to pay no more than $3 a brush. If worse comes to worse, I'll just pick up another set of ELF brushes. 

I also need a new Kabuki - Mine is shedding ... everywhere

Thanks!!

QUO - Cream Eye Shadow Brush & Precision Kabuki Foundation (good dupe for the CoverFX & Stila) EcoTools - Blush, Bronzer, Eye Shading (for creams), Angled Liner (brows & gel liners), Retractable Aluminum Kabuki SK - Flat Top Kabuki Studio Tools/Up & Up at Target - crease brushes Everyday Minerals - crease brushes, and flat top buffing brush SpaResource at Wal Mart - Large Eyeshadow Brush ELF - $1 Bronzer & Eye Shading brush, Studio Blush (for highlight), Fan, Flat Powder brushes

I have an ELF Kabuki and it's amazing. It's really soft and doesn't shed much at all. I use it to put on my foundation and my foundation looks really good and like I was air brushed.

e.l.f. has so many sales - just wait for another -50% one and get a set :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and then go to hardware store and buy some industrial glue as well - the handles will separate (I'm sure you already know that as you have owned them before ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) 

e.l.f. sure is the cheapest usable makeup brush provider I've discovered so far. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Just make sure you get the Studio face kabuki and not the red one - that one is amazingly shitty.

For eyeshadow brushes I'd recommend the cheap H&M ones - they are remarkably well made.

I really like Eco Tools and have seen Sonia Kashuk by Target brushes featured in magazines all the time but I haven't tried them.

I got my set of brushes as a very large, very expensive gift to myself several years ago. I got the Sephora Platinum brushes. They ARE awesome, but not cheap. Since then I have gotten brushes from Avon which I seriously disliked and two brushes from ELF which, I found, are AWESOME. I bought one of the $1 brushes for eye shadow contouring and one of the $3 brushes which I use mainly for very sparkly mineral shadows. If anyone was going to ask me now what brushes to buy?  I'd send them to the ELF website or a Target store and get those. I this the $3 brush is just as... if not better.... than my comparable Sephora Platinum brush which was about $20 more in price!

Thanks for the suggestions. I’m thinking I may just stick with the ELF brushes. But I’m going to upgrade. I currently have the Essentials line of brushes, so I’m going to get the Studio line now. I’ve always had good luck with their stuff, so I’ll stick with them.    I did however pick up a brush set today at Ross. They are an early Christmas present! The box says they are by Philosophy. Black handles, with some rhinestones around the ferrule and pink bristles!! I had to have them, even though it was $13 for a set of 6. Oh well, they were PINK lol. ;]   Off to check out the H&M brushes. =] 

I think you`d better by one set brush.

For the kabuki ,pls buy one with nylon hair.This kinds of one will not shedding.

elf are good but if you want to spend a few extra dollars the eco tools are well worth it. i have their powder and blush brush and they are really nice

I have a ton of elf studio brushes and they are "ok". For personal use I use Mark. brushes, and they are great! I REALLY want some Crown brushes though...

The best cheap brushes imo are Real Technique brushes found at Ulta. They're all synthetic so they're super easy to clean. I love them. However, my main complaint is that what they're advertised for is hardly the way I use them. For example, their eye contour brush I use as a concealer brush, their eyebrow brush I use as as an eyeliner...etc. They have the best "duo" fiber brush. I bought 4 bc I absolutely love it. I use it for my moisturizer, foundation, blush, bronzer, highlight, and it doesn't shed at all bc it's synthetic. Love it.

I agree with Adrienne about Real Techniques. I got the Blush Brush but it's too big for blush. It makes a perfect powder brush though. And I also love, love LOVE the stippling brush. I've set all other foundation brushes aside after this one. 

Oh, and I second Eco Tools for a much cheaper alternative! I'm very satisfied with the quality, considering the price.

Originally Posted by kerasaki /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree with Adrienne about Real Techniques. I got the Blush Brush but it's too big for blush. It makes a perfect powder brush though. And I also love, love LOVE the stippling brush. I've set all other foundation brushes aside after this one. 

Oh, and I second Eco Tools for a much cheaper alternative! I'm very satisfied with the quality, considering the price.

Me too!! That stippling brush is so much better than even the mac 187 (or any of their of their duo fiber brushes). Mine are collecting dust while I use the Real Techniques ones daily.  I love the blush brush for bronzers, powders and the really highly pigmented blushes. Its huge but somehow the way it's domed it perfectly diffuses my favorite bright blushes.

I like Sonia Kashuk too. They have some decent brushes and some that I can't find anywhere else.

Ecotools for eye brushes and ELF Studio for face is what I use. If you need a specific type of brush, I can recommend that to you, but my favorite out of the ELF brushes I've tried was the Flat Top Powder Brush. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back