Base Coats

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone can help me on this...  I ALWAYS wear a base coat, usually 2 layers, and wait until they dry completely, when using nail polish, but my nails still stain like crazy. 

What would be the BEST base coat in order to avoid this? 

what brand of  nail polish and base coats do you use??  The only color I've ever had stain my nails was red

I've used a Revlon base, an Essie base, and Nailtiques within the past couple months.  My nails are always yellow after I remove my polish and I have some HORRIBLE blue staining on my nails right now! 

I use a variety of brands for color, but lately they are mostly China Glaze, Sinful Colors, and Sally Hansen

I would probably give butter London a shot. Not saying because it's more expensive it'll be better but it seems to be more high quality...

I have a friend who swears by the Sally Hansen base and top coat (the 2-in-1) but I personally haven't tried it so can't really say.

Apparently you can use lemon or whitening toothpaste to get rid of the stains if you get stuck, lol.

Back