What's the BEST airbrush system??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone... 

I am wondering what the BEST airbrush system is (in your opinion)... Gun/compressor and Makeup.  I have heard names like (of course) MAC, Temptu, Kett (which I have heard is the best makeup for airbrushing).  I have also heard people say they use car airbrushing compressors... Thoughts???

Thanks in advance :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Meg

I have a luminess and I absolutely love it.  You can only use water based colors with it though

you've used that on clients?  Brides?  Photos?  I have heard of people using luminess on themselves but I am not so sure about clients...What's the DL?  LOL

I don't see why it would be bad for clients if its good enough to use on yourself it would be good enough for clients !

It's not necessarily that it's not "good enough" but rather that my clients often have different needs (long lasting...conditions...tears...photography) than we need on a daily basis :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> MUA's often have to consider a lot when choosing what will be best for a particular client! I need something that offers versatility and I'm not sure only water based products will be the best choice...I'm sure it is awesome for daily work but the versatility is my concern.  

I think Dinair's are pretty amazing too and I'm pretty sure you can use water and oil with them

Yeah with Luminess it's only water based! Cool stuff. I still love good old Iwata, I believe it is what MAC sells as their system. It's highly versatile and easy to clean. You can switch up colors in a sec and formulas too, add extra guns, etc. Try your local theater shop, you may get a better deal. Dinair foundation rules!

I've got Temptu, Dinair and Luminess.. Temptu is awesome.. Silicone doesn't move... Luminess is awesome.. The product feels awesome on my skin.. (I will say I find their foundations a little on the orange side though, may need to mix a few more together..) Dinair was the one I was most excited about and just don't like the foundation... I've been doing the airbrush a while but this foundation after even moisturizing, priming, it comes out soooo dry. Not a fan of it... Wish I was because of so many color options but I just can't seem to make their product work for me!

i am also torn between airbrush brands. i have been looking at luminess, dinair and graftobian. i am not a mua and it is for personal use only so i have absolutely NO idea!

firstly is it safe to use any brand of makeup in any brand of compresser? (following water based/oil based specifications of course)

secondly has anybody heard of graftobian? it is not mentioned a great deal but i am DEFINITELY leaning towards their cosmetics. perhaps using a dinair compresser? although the graftobian compresser doesnt look too bad either..

any feedback would be amazing im so confused and torn between what brands to spend so much cash on!

xx

I just got one from Luminess and will be trying it with their foundation along with Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics foundation (ordered and shipped, waiting for it to arrive). I don't have any info on it other than I just got it last week and haven't used it yet. I have OCC's Tinted Moisturizer that I'm going to try with it as well.

BTW - don't use it with OCC Tinted Moisturizer. LOL Too thick. That was a fun mess cleaning but live and learn. LOL

Latest posts

Back