Feather Earrings/Hair Extensions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I feel like that trend hit its peak over the summer, but I STILL see girls wearing them! I have mixed opinions--some people can pull them off great, but I definitely see girls with gaudy, brightly-colored foot-long feathers wearing a hoodie and jeans lol. What's your opinion? Do you own any or wear them?

I bought some hair feather extensions last spring, but I never built up the courage to wear them :/

I had some in my hair over the summer, mostly just brown shades that blended nicely with my hair, but still stood out a bit.

I love the effect so I might end up going and buying more.

I have a long owl pendant with feathers attached to the bottom it is stunning and a steal at 7 bucks a week before black friday. I make feather earrings rather than buy them with the wild chicken feathers we hunt out here in cabin country lol. They are the same natural partridge feathers they sell in the store but we get them free!! When people say where'd you get those awesome earrings I say from last nights dinner! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You should totally sell them on Etsy or something! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I definitely prefer the natural feathers over the lime-green and cotton-candy-pink ones lol

Originally Posted by Amber204 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a long owl pendant with feathers attached to the bottom it is stunning and a steal at 7 bucks a week before black friday. I make feather earrings rather than buy them with the wild chicken feathers we hunt out here in cabin country lol. They are the same natural partridge feathers they sell in the store but we get them free!! When people say where'd you get those awesome earrings I say from last nights dinner! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have feather earrings that I love.  I've never really been into the hair extensions tho.  I still see a ton of ppl wearing them tho.

Not really my style though I think they look great on some women!

Karren! You havent been around in ages!! How are you?

I like the look of feather earrings and I remember a thread on here awhile back about feather hair extentions. (I will have a look for it)

I have never seen them in stores to buy, but I LOVE the look of them. Don't worry about not wearing them while they were trendy, wear them anytime you want!

Making your own feather earrings is so easy and cheap too! You can also modify the colours and patterns to be exactly what you want.

I have two large male wild turkey feathers from my parents house on Thanksgiving, I am waiting to make something with them but they are so big I would hate to use only a small bit to make earrings with. Seems a tad wasteful.

(I'm open to suggestions on what to do with them though!)

They look if they're put in right. Other than that, it looks like theres a bird nest in your hair

I am not a fan...I love my natural hair and I absolutely feel like a chicken if I put them on.  LOL

Back