"Behind the Flower" A colorful makeup tutorial

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is personally, a very fun look and I just wanted to share this with all of you out there.

The products I used:

Brushes:

MAC 239

MAC 228

MAC 224

MAC 210

MAC 219

MAC 129

PRODUCTS:

Eyes:

Laura Mercier Eye Basics Eye Primer in "Flax"

MAC Miss Piggy Pink (Limited Edition: Get it now) e/s

MAC Moon's Reflection e/s

MAC Swimming e/s

MAC Carbon e/s

MAC Phloof! e/s

MAC Superslick Liquid Eyeliner in "On The Hunt"

Red Cherry Black Individual False Lashes

Maybelline Falsies Mascara

CoverGirl eyeliner Pro Plus in White

Face:

NARS Lagoona Bronzer

MAC Dame blush

Lips:

MAC lipstick in Myth

MAC Viva Glam Gaga Lipgloss Edition 1

I was inspired by this look because this morning, I looked outside, and their was one baby bud on my bush. In December, you don't see that too much. I thought it was so unexpected and beautiful that I should do a makeup tutorial based on it. In the worst of times, something good can happen no matter what, even when it is least expected. Remember that.

thumbnail.aspx

What I did:

• I started with priming my eyes using Laura Mercier Eye Basics Eye Primer in "Flax". I spread this all over the lid, up to my brow bone, and under the eye.
  • Then, I took my MAC 239 shader brush. Any shader brush will work. I packed the color "Miss Piggy Pink", by MAC onto my brush and patted this color all over my lid with the exception of the inner corner. Now, carry that color halfway into the lower lash line on the outer corner. NOTE: You made need to swipe instead of pat depending what shadow you are using.
  • Next, I took my MAC 228 mini shader brush (this will help it be more precise) to fill in the inner corner which I skipped earlier. I loaded the tip of the brush with the MAC eyeshadow, Moon's Reflection. I placed that into the inner corner and half way into my lower lash line.
  • Now, I take my MAC 224 tapered blending brush and the color "Swimming" by MAC. Use windsheild wiper motions to build that green color into your crease.
  • Using that same brush, blend all the colors together. Make sure not to blend to much, or the color won't come out how you want it.
  • Now, take a MAC 210 skinny eyeliner brush with the color "Carbon" by MAC. Make sure the brush is wet, or this will not work. I drew very thin black lines to create a flowery effect on the outer corner.
  • I filled that flower in using a MAC 219 pencil brush and what ever colors I thought best represented a flower. I used the same colors I used before, but you can use any colors you think look great with this. 
  • Now it's time for a highlight color. Using the MAC 239 shader brush and the color "Phloof!" by MAC, I built that onto my brow bone for a soft, yet finishing highlight color.
  • Take that 224 brush one more time and blend everything in. Now, we are done with the shadow.
  • Now, I used my MAC Superslick Liquid Eyeliner in "On The Hunt". Nay liquid liner will work. Using the side of the brush given, i drew a thin line 3/4 of the way onto my lid on the upper lash line.
  • I used the Red Cherry Black Individual False Lashes on the outer part of my eyelashes to make them look longer.
  • I then added one coat of Maybelline Falsies Mascara on top of ALL my eyelashes.   This makes them fuller and incorporates the false lashes into the authentic lashes.
  • Since I put the shadow under the eye, I am not going to line my lower lash line with any eyeliner. I WILL use a white eyeliner on my waterline though. I took my CoverGirl Pro Plus Eyeliner in White. This is a pencil liner so it will be easy to line your waterline. Smear this all over the waterline. This gives the effect of wider and fuller eyes. 
THATS ALL FOR THE EYES!!

For the face:

• I took my MAC 129 blush brush and loaded it with NARS Lagoona Bronzer. I added this onto the hollows of my cheeks for contouring.
  • Now, it's time for blush. Using the same brush, I pack it full of MAC Dame blush. I pat this on my face, focusing mainly onto my apples and carrying this color up to my temples.

For the lips:

• Taking my MAC lipstick in Myth, I just place this onto my lips for a nude lip. Since my eyes are so colorful, a nude lip is best for this look.
  • Just to spice the lip up a bit, I'll take my Viva Glam Gaga Lipgloss Edition 1. I only add this to the center of my lip and do not spread it out. This makes your lips look fuller and plumper. 

And Voila!! Now you have a very beautiful and complete makeup look! Hope you all enjoyed!!:) <3

Back