Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cassandra12

Why is civil rights brought up with Gay marriage?

Recommended Posts

Look I am gay but even I know you can't force people to agree with what you do in the bed room or make what majority believes to belong in the bed room a political topic issue. Seems like the gay community tries to make off like a person is a bigot if they disagree with how someone else has sex. Its a person's right to disagree just as much as for another person to practice what they want.

 

 

Being feminine doesn't’t mean you are gay. So unless you perform a homosexual act or tell someone you are homosexual, no one knows you are nor can they treat you any different than anyone else. a black person is black, he doesn't have to tell you he is black to be mistreated, a woman is a woman, she doesn't have to tell you she is a woman to be mistreated, but a gay person is discriminated against by their actions. If anything, gays are not discriminated against, but the acts of homosexuality are or men who are feminine are.

 

Black and white couples were more easily accepted because the hurdle for people to accept was their disapproval for ethnic mingling. Homosexuality is anatomically incorrect, I get that but I suppose I can always say who cares? right? but forcing people to say its correct is annoying for them. Just do what you want to do. People know you are driving the wrong side of the freeway, you should be happy they have tried to accommodate you by swerving out of your path. Don't make everyone else change because you're wrong.

 

Don't ask don't tell is another political issue. But think about it. I am a gay cop who works in a female jail. I can order women to remove their clothing and do so all the time. sometimes I admit I do get turned on but I try not to abuse this. The person arrested doesn't know I am gay, but if the don't ask don't tell policy is taken away, will I still be able to strip search women if I am known to be attracted to them? I mean guys cops are not allowed to strip search women even in the company of another woman cop, because of their sexual orientation. does that mean I would lose the privilege? or even the job? I can't help what turns me on, I don't touch the women I work with.

 

As for the “gay marriage†issue, why do people keep talking about civil rights? If marriage is defined as a heterosexual union, gay people are not being denied this, because legally a gay man could marry a woman if he wanted to but gay people don’t want a heterosexual union. Gay people want a gay union but want it to be called the same name as a heterosexual union in order to destroy the heterosexual meaning of the word marriage. That’s like saying a vegetarian is not being treated fairly because when they asked for steak, you didn't’t give them a salad instead, even though salad was already offered on the menu. Homosexuals already have “domestic partnership†gays just want to change the definition of marriage. So who are the victims? the Gays? or heterosexuality which is losing it's only celebration?

 

I just think more of us are getting hated because of the pressure our community puts on others. I don't wan't everyone thinking I'm stiring the pot just because I am gay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Civil rights or human rights are catch words that people wanna throw on so others would listen.  The media is desensitizing the population of the true meaning of these words (as usual).  I agree with what you say.  Some people want equality so that they get advantages over and above being equal.  They think equality is when they get what they want, not what is alloted to everyone else.  

 

I love this analogy that a gay man can marry a woman, they are not being deprived of a marriage.  Thank you.  Its a very enlightened thought...best I've read in a long time.  

 

 

Originally Posted by cassandra12 View Post

 

As for the “gay marriage†issue, why do people keep talking about civil rights? If marriage is defined as a heterosexual union, gay people are not being denied this, because legally a gay man could marry a woman if he wanted to but gay people don’t want a heterosexual union. Gay people want a gay union but want it to be called the same name as a heterosexual union in order to destroy the heterosexual meaning of the word marriage. That’s like saying a vegetarian is not being treated fairly because when they asked for steak, you didn't’t give them a salad instead, even though salad was already offered on the menu. Homosexuals already have “domestic partnership†gays just want to change the definition of marriage. So who are the victims? the Gays? or heterosexuality which is losing it's only celebration?

 

I just think more of us are getting hated because of the pressure our community puts on others. I don't wan't everyone thinking I'm stiring the pot just because I am gay.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I'm miss read your post but I'm not sure if you are a gay woman upset that you may have rights or Warlock trying to stir the pot once again.

 

I'm going with the pretense that you aren't Warlock...

 

Find it interesting that you order female prisoners to remove all their clothing because you get aroused. I have news for you, if a female correctional officer ordered me to remove my clothing for no reason, and she stood there and ooggled me, I sure as heck would know she was a lesbian.

Maybe I wouldn't tell her my thoughts, but I would share them with the rest of the prisoners.

 

So I guarantee you are the running gag with all the sisters in the cell block...

 

.........................................

 

I'm a Canadian - the issues of Gay marriage and civil rights have been resolved to the benefit of Gays and Lesbians.

 

I always believed that religion was the crutch to American politics - the church and state were never severed. 

 

So it doesn't matter what the American people want, the church always ways in and makes the ultimate decisions.

 

You have to remember that Gay marriage also allows many benefits to Gay couples that they don't currently have. Adoption, medical, last rites, just to name a few.

 

Sounds like you don't want anyone to know you are Gay, so having the same benefits as a Heterosexual woman might encourage/force you to come out of the closet.

 

The bottom line is if you don't want to marry another woman or have the the same rights as a woman that is attracted to men, then don't accept these rights.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think she's upset about the activism around Gay Marriages.  Please give her the benefit of the doubt until there's reason to doubt.   I too have problems with everyone putting the words Civil Rights into every issue.
 

Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post

Maybe I'm miss read your post but I'm not sure if you are a gay woman upset that you may have rights or Warlock trying to stir the pot once again.

 

I'm going with the pretense that you aren't Warlock...

 

Find it interesting that you order female prisoners to remove all their clothing because you get aroused. I have news for you, if a female correctional officer ordered me to remove my clothing for no reason, and she stood there and ooggled me, I sure as heck would know she was a lesbian.

Maybe I wouldn't tell her my thoughts, but I would share them with the rest of the prisoners.

 

So I guarantee you are the running gag with all the sisters in the cell block..

 

.........................................

 

I'm a Canadian - the issues of Gay marriage and civil rights have been resolved to the benefit of Gays and Lesbians.

 

I always believed that religion was the crutch to American politics - the church and state were never severed. 

 

So it doesn't matter what the American people want, the church always ways in and makes the ultimate decisions.

 

You have to remember that Gay marriage also allows many benefits to Gay couples that they don't currently have. Adoption, medical, last rites, just to name a few.

 

Sounds like you don't want anyone to know you are Gay, so having the same benefits as a Heterosexual woman might encourage/force you to come out of the closet.

 

The bottom line is if you don't want to marry another woman or have the the same rights as a woman that is attracted to men, then don't accept these rights.

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, she wandered a lot and it was difficult to follow her thoughts, at times.

 

I'm hardly impressed that she abuses her role as a correctional officer - ordering female prisoners to disrobe for her sexual gratification.

Absolutely disgraceful! I thought correctional officer were hired by jails/prisons to keep the prison population in an orderly fashion, break up fights, escort prisoners to appointments, that sort of thing. I didn't know they were hired to get their jollies out of degrading prisoners. And we are all so shocked when an inmate beats the living crap out of the correctional officer........

 

Ok I'm going to try to calm down now...

 

When I served in the military I knew several lesbian soldiers. Some were quite feminine and others, not so much.

I can tell you that I knew everyone was gay before I was told by them.

It's not that they did anything "gay", behaved in a way that one would consider "gay", or stated that they were gay.

The fact is, they were gay and it was/is a part of who they are.

 

Just as the female prisoners all know she is gay, I'm sure her co-workers have figured out she is gay.

 

As I stated earlier, I think the real reason for poster's starting of the thread is her fear that she will be discovered, and wants to blame civil rights for outing her.

 

I would love to hear what she thinks about any of our posts

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I truly don't know how you interpreted what from the OP because I hadn't.  Its good you have a good working 'gay-dar', Carolyn.  Some people have it, many don't.  Mine works just fine.  I just liked what the OP said about Gays being deprived of marriage. I'm also pretty tired of hearing that every 'cause' is a civil rights violation of some kind although its not.  
 

Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post

To be honest, she wandered a lot and it was difficult to follow her thoughts, at times.

 

I'm hardly impressed that she abuses her role as a correctional officer - ordering female prisoners to disrobe for her sexual gratification.

Absolutely disgraceful! I thought correctional officer were hired by jails/prisons to keep the prison population in an orderly fashion, break up fights, escort prisoners to appointments, that sort of thing. I didn't know they were hired to get their jollies out of degrading prisoners. And we are all so shocked when an inmate beats the living crap out of the correctional officer........

 

Ok I'm going to try to calm down now...

 

When I served in the military I knew several lesbian soldiers. Some were quite feminine and others, not so much.

I can tell you that I knew everyone was gay before I was told by them.

It's not that they did anything "gay", behaved in a way that one would consider "gay", or stated that they were gay.

The fact is, they were gay and it was/is a part of who they are.

 

Just as the female prisoners all know she is gay, I'm sure her co-workers have figured out she is gay.

 

As I stated earlier, I think the real reason for poster's starting of the thread is her fear that she will be discovered, and wants to blame civil rights for outing her.

 

I would love to hear what she thinks about any of our posts

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes its good to have gay dar. As a bisexual women I have it in abundance.

 

Now can we just let Cassandra or Warlock respond to the thread...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Its not that easy. I am all for having the same rights for a union that is for us. I just don't want people hating on me because they throw me in the same pot as those who want to have the same name heteros use for their union. I don't care so long as I have the same benifits.

 

and Second, I don't oggle women. I do my job as I am told.

 

third most of my coworkers swing the same way. Personally I don't care, but its been hard enough trying to have people accept us as a community, why throw everything away. There has been so much hatred lately like we are some invading alien race or something. before it was just" oh, you're gay?" and no biggie.

 

I think most churches are starting to come around and accept us. People who hate will always do that, itjustseems thatnow the other kind of people who didn'thate before are now put off as well.
 

Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post

Maybe I'm miss read your post but I'm not sure if you are a gay woman upset that you may have rights or Warlock trying to stir the pot once again.

 

I'm going with the pretense that you aren't Warlock...

 

Find it interesting that you order female prisoners to remove all their clothing because you get aroused. I have news for you, if a female correctional officer ordered me to remove my clothing for no reason, and she stood there and ooggled me, I sure as heck would know she was a lesbian.

Maybe I wouldn't tell her my thoughts, but I would share them with the rest of the prisoners.

 

So I guarantee you are the running gag with all the sisters in the cell block...

 

.........................................

 

I'm a Canadian - the issues of Gay marriage and civil rights have been resolved to the benefit of Gays and Lesbians.

 

I always believed that religion was the crutch to American politics - the church and state were never severed. 

 

So it doesn't matter what the American people want, the church always ways in and makes the ultimate decisions.

 

You have to remember that Gay marriage also allows many benefits to Gay couples that they don't currently have. Adoption, medical, last rites, just to name a few.

 

Sounds like you don't want anyone to know you are Gay, so having the same benefits as a Heterosexual woman might encourage/force you to come out of the closet.

 

The bottom line is if you don't want to marry another woman or have the the same rights as a woman that is attracted to men, then don't accept these rights.

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


we strip out everyone who gets arrested. I don't choose to be attracted to female anatomy. I'm not stripping people out for the purpose of jolies. How am I abusing my position?
 

Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post

To be honest, she wandered a lot and it was difficult to follow her thoughts, at times.

 

I'm hardly impressed that she abuses her role as a correctional officer - ordering female prisoners to disrobe for her sexual gratification.

Absolutely disgraceful! I thought correctional officer were hired by jails/prisons to keep the prison population in an orderly fashion, break up fights, escort prisoners to appointments, that sort of thing. I didn't know they were hired to get their jollies out of degrading prisoners. And we are all so shocked when an inmate beats the living crap out of the correctional officer........

 

Ok I'm going to try to calm down now...

 

When I served in the military I knew several lesbian soldiers. Some were quite feminine and others, not so much.

I can tell you that I knew everyone was gay before I was told by them.

It's not that they did anything "gay", behaved in a way that one would consider "gay", or stated that they were gay.

The fact is, they were gay and it was/is a part of who they are.

 

Just as the female prisoners all know she is gay, I'm sure her co-workers have figured out she is gay.

 

As I stated earlier, I think the real reason for poster's starting of the thread is her fear that she will be discovered, and wants to blame civil rights for outing her.

 

I would love to hear what she thinks about any of our posts

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Never mind, @Cassandra12...Dragonfly is confusing you with someone else. 

Originally Posted by cassandra12 View Post


we strip out everyone who gets arrested. I don't choose to be attracted to female anatomy. I'm not stripping people out for the purpose of jolies. How am I abusing my position?
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by cassandra12 View Post

 

 

before it was just" oh, you're gay?" and no biggie.

 

 

 

 

 

When was this magical time in history that being gay was "no biggie", because I sure haven't seen it in my lifetime.  It's slowly becoming more acceptable and less of a biggie because of the people fighting for the rights and issues you don't necessarily agree with.  I do think it's a human right and a civil right.  Separate but equal was not right for issues in the past and I don't feel it's right for gays and lesbians now even when it comes down to things as simple as the legal name of a union.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must have missed that period in history as well. I'm not even gay but I still see a great deal of abuse of gay people's human/civil rights. I may not be able to speak as a gay man or lesbian, but speaking as a human being I emphatically believe it IS a human and civil right to live in the way a person was born without harassment or being belittled by the rest of society. I don't agree with people who think that if they live under the radar they'll have to put up with less scorn and ignorance. The fact that anybody even feels the need to do this just proves how much ignorance and hatred towards gay/lesbian people still exists. Quite pathetic considering which century we're presently living in. Should those of different races also stop being vocal when their rights are being violated as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Yes, I know, but it seems like people aregetting greedy. Honestly I would love to have everything in favor of us. Affirmitive action and what ever else we can get but at some point we need to relize when we are going too far with the whole PC thing. I mean nudists are born nude but that doesn't stop us from telling them to put clothes on in public areas, or seperate them from other beaches.

 

I am gay, Its my buisness. I don't need others even knowing what I do and like. I am a person like anyone else, I just like something else....something different. I don't go around telling everyone what I do in the bedroom. People are not going to all of a sudden think "wow, gay sex is cool after all" just because you sue them and make everything a legal issue. if anything it will turn people off because you are forcing your views on others.

 

No one likes pushers. I remember a time when sex was a private thing, now its a political issue?

As far as my intentions for writing a trhead why not focus on the political aspects of it instead. Weather I am out of the closet or not is beside the point. I'm just trying to understand how my world is crashing down all around me.

 

People have been gay forever, Its nothing knew, the kind of people that attack will do that when you put it out there. I'm neverdiscriminated because I'm gay because no one comes up to me in a resturant and says "sorry maam no gays allowed" the only way they could if I starting having sex and they found out that way. They can only discriminate against my actions. a black person has no choice you see them not by their actions but by who they are.

 

the whole don't ask don't tell worked out fine if you kept whatshould be private, private. If everyone knew I was gay would they still permit me to strip them? would you let a male cop strip you? for the same reasons men are not allowed to do that with women would prevent me from being able to do my job, because sometimes you can accomadate everyone. the math just doesn't work out. How can you give equal rights for me as a gay cop and also give rights to a person I am asking to remove their clothing?

Originally Posted by SarahNerd View Post



When was this magical time in history that being gay was "no biggie", because I sure haven't seen it in my lifetime.  It's slowly becoming more acceptable and less of a biggie because of the people fighting for the rights and issues you don't necessarily agree with.  I do think it's a human right and a civil right.  Separate but equal was not right for issues in the past and I don't feel it's right for gays and lesbians now even when it comes down to things as simple as the legal name of a union.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Cassandra12:

 

"we strip out everyone who gets arrested. I don't choose to be attracted to female anatomy. I'm not stripping people out for the purpose of jolies. How am I abusing my position?"

 

and from the original post: 

 

"Don't ask don't tell is another political issue. But think about it. I am a gay cop who works in a female jail. I can order women to remove their clothing and do so all the time. sometimes I admit I do get turned on but I try not to abuse this.

 

This underline reads to me - you order women to remove their clothing all the time - and you get turned on when they strip. Although you try not to abuse the removal of clothing, it does occure.

 

Therefore, it definitely appears that you are abusing your position of authority.

 

.................................................................

 

"Never mind, @Cassandra12...Dragonfly is confusing you with someone else'

 

divadoll,  I have no clue why you wrote this. I'm not confusing her with anyone else.

I'm a big girl  - I don't need you to speak for me. Please stop make flip comments like this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warning! Multiple accounts detected! Please check your private messages. It will inform you on what you need to do.

Account affected: Cassandra12

 

Thank you

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously you hit it right on, Dragonfly. This person very much seems like the Warlock twat who has been trolling around here trying to stir up the shit. I believe she/he's got a superiority complex, like a few other people I've run into here, and somehow thinks that she/he is doing us poor dumb females a favor by teaching us a lesson. All of that person's posts have a very simlar ring to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The part that gets me about this chain of posts by cassandra12 is that because she doesn't want to be out, other people can't get married or have discrimination protections.  The logic there smells a whole lot like envy of their circumstances allowing an out and proud lifestyle; if I can't, they can't.  The fact even that seems off given the likelihood of multiple accounts used for trollin'.

 

I think same sex marriage is significantly less important(at least to me) than an all encompassing ENDA that includes all ends of the LGBTQ spectrum.  I think more protections in the workplace would provide more real life benefit(ie - keep their jobs) to most lgtbq people.  Employers may try to still discriminate, but most employers do honestly try to abide by non-discrimination laws.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand why gay people want to get married. If you don't agree with the major religions that condone homosexuality, why would you want to adopt their religious culture of marriage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe because it's a major part of our culture in this country even if you take out the religious aspect.  And it's just as much a legal union as religious. Not sure why I bothered answering.  Your clearly a troll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by SarahNerd View Post

 

Maybe because it's a major part of our culture in this country even if you take out the religious aspect.  And it's just as much a legal union as religious. Not sure why I bothered answering.  Your clearly a troll.

 

 

LOL. But Obama said it's not a Christian nation so why do you want their culture? If gays can marry, why shouldn't people be able to marry multiple women/men?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess you are referring to me when you say idiot. considering the circumstances I guess that is deserved since my friends and I opened the war monk account at work for fun making fun of religious people. I tried opening the Cassandra12 account because I had a blemish issue. 

 

Look to be honest with you, I'm a little put off with the notion of being forced to "come out" or not to. I think that is a private matter for the individual. I think it's rude for people to even ask if I am gay and presume my sexuality is open for discussion. I think we are obviously going through a transition in our society and trying to create rules for something that has never been opened for everyone to talk about politically.

 

I am not afraid of who I am, my real name is Rayleigh, I have been "out" for 3 and a half years now. So despite what many of you think, I am not in the closet but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy my privacy like everyone else does. I just don't feel it necessary to tell everyone I meet this sort of thing as though I have a brand name on my forehead. My sex life is not a cause I stand for, its just what I do in that area of my life.

 

Next I would like to repeat, the fact that this topic was not addressing MY personal life. I was just asking a political question for this political discussion topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by cassandra12 View Post

 

my friends and I opened the war monk account at work for fun making fun of religious people.

 

 

 

Classy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!


About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

Follow us

Recent tweets

MakeupTalk Facebook - 911K Likes

×
×
  • Create New...