White Eye Primer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good white eye primer? I've tried the NYX white base on top of my UDPP but it's only okay. If I use too much it creases really bad bc I have oily lids. I've also tried the coastal scents "gel" eyeliner in white and it was okay but also creased. Any recs?

I just bought the Inglot AMC white gel liner, and I will update you on how it works. Other than that I haven't got any good recommendations. I have the NYX JEP in Milk, but it is just OK.

I'd love an update on that, thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Yea NYX JEPs crease on me in about 10 minutes. I envy those who can use them with no problem.

I agree, I use the NYX JEP in Milk as well and it does crease.  I've layered  it with natural colored primer, then JEP, then makeup and it works, but it still does tend to crease after a long while... wont last 8 hours.

Do you use the thinnest layer possible?  I don't get creasing until late at night, like 12+ hours after applying my eyeshadow

NYX White Base seems to be the most common along with NYX Jumbo pencils.

Maybe try using less product.

Sephora has a jumbo eye pencil in White as well. Perhaps that might work better.

Search for Jumbo Liner 12HR Wear Waterproof Sephora Collection. They are $10 each.

Thanks Katana, I'm gonna look into that.

I've tried layering the NYX eye base and the JEP as thin as possible over and eye primer and it still creases. I was blessed with really oily skin and my eyelids are the worst.  Even the MUFE waterproof eye creams crease on me.

If you have oily lids then as a primer for the sole purpose of acting as a brick wall against the oil I would highly suggest using Too Faced "Shadow Insurance". I too have very oily lids, and this thing is my holy grail of awesome that I have multiple backups of, lol.

As per having a white base for shadow, personally, I use a while pencil liner from Prestige because it has a nice creamy texture but doesn't crease on me.

I've used Kryolan's White Aqua Color for years. It used to be around 7-8 dollars. Best white base I've ever used, and I've tried all I could get my hands on. If you put it on top of your regular primer the color pay off is insane:D It is water activated though so that may be a drawback for some. I used to work in theater and all the Aqua Colors held up really well with all the sweating and heavy lighting..etc. Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by DippityDoose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've used Kryolan's White Aqua Color for years. It used to be around 7-8 dollars. Best white base I've ever used, and I've tried all I could get my hands on. If you put it on top of your regular primer the color pay off is insane:D It is water activated though so that may be a drawback for some. I used to work in theater and all the Aqua Colors held up really well with all the sweating and heavy lighting..etc. Hope this helps!

Ooh I've never heard of this.  Is it similar to Mehron Paradise?

I've had the same experience. I also use a very thin layer for a base.

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you use the thinnest layer possible?  I don't get creasing until late at night, like 12+ hours after applying my eyeshadow

I just starting using Kryolan white aqua color base and I love it!!! It makes shadow and pigment really pop!

Originally Posted by DippityDoose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have oily lids as well.  I use Annabelle eyecolour creme as a base for my e/s.  They're about 8$ and come with 4 colours each.  They're supposed to be cream eyeshadows but they're really sheer (even the really dark colours) and they work well to keep pigments and powdered eyeshadows on.

Here's what I do: First I use elf's nude eyelid primer and then let it dry or you can use any other eye lid primer and then I aplly NYX JEP in mlk and then appy the shadow and create the look I want and it last all day long. I have oily eye lids as well and I don't have any problems at all with it.

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd love an update on that, thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Yea NYX JEPs crease on me in about 10 minutes. I envy those who can use them with no problem.

Elf has a white eye primer that is pretty decent.  I don't recall experiencing any creasing but I have heard that with the NYX pencils you have to be careful not to use it too heavily.

I don't have oily skin and I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance. My sister came to my house getting ready for a date and used some of my TFSI, since it was the only thing she hadn't tried as a primer and was in a hurry. It lasted all night and it didnt crease and called me early this morning wanting the name of her new miracle potion. lol one point for the youngest sister! Me!
icon_razz.gif

Haven't tried the NYX yet, but I am giving up on UDPP.  I've had original, and sin, and neither of them work.  I used sin w/ my new Naked 2 palette and it still creased.  Today I used my Sephora coupon and ordered Too Faced Shadow Insurance. 

@ Bonnie--Yes, both Aqua Color and Paradise Colors are pretty much the same. I do tend to like the color pay-off with Kryolan a bit better, though:D

@ Rocket--- Do you also use a regular primer under the Aqua Color, or just by itself?

Latest posts

Back