I am bothered.....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So yesterday for a workshop at work a image consultant was asked to come thru and do a presentation. She did the clothing speech and so on... Then she got to the make-up part. This is where it starts, she told the ladies that when working in a office you dont want to over-do it and she looked at me... I got soo angry it was not even funny... Then she also adds in that you dont want to plaster your face. Note plaster your face with foundation. She get a lady from the crowd to do a make over on... It was astonishing with the amount of foundation she put the poor girls face... You could run your nail and it would get stuck... Now this is a lady who supposadly went to a college for make-up training...

I dont understand this, why point to me and say that in the first place and then go against with what you said in the first place...

I love looking good and doing my make-up, i dont wear a lot of foundation especially now with the heat i wear none i only do my eyes...

Oh yes, you really over did you makeup. It looks REALLY overdone.
icon_rolleyes.gif
What a STUPID woman for even saying that. I think she was merely jealous oh how nice your makeup looks. As for the other woman, poor lady to endure that! As for makeup training at a college... I call BS on that. I don't know one college that has a makeup course unless it was in theatrical makeup (which I took in college) but it would be more of a ONE class versus getting a degree in it.

Thank you Zadi...

The lady made me so angry. I also do think she didnt go for the proper course...

That was very rude and unprofessional. I would contact her superior and let them know about her conduct, if she doesn't work for herself. I know I wouldn't want to send someone out who would leave my company with a bad impression like that.

Our local community college does offer cosmetology classes, but I think it is a vocational program. To be honest every makeup artist who has ever done my makeup has left me thinking who the f*** would pay for this? I prefer to do it myself.

i agree with zadi, she was probably jealous of how nice you did yours. 

people are stupid sometimes. -.-

Wow- did you tell her about how rude that was? I would be furious with her as well, and I would tell her how much she offended you. That or what Internetchick said- tell her superior and see what s/he says.

Your makeup is not over done at all. I would just ignore what she said and go on as you please. You look good, she was just being snarky.

People always project their own insecurities onto others. Your makeup is fine and even if it wasn't it was very unprofessional for her to try and single you out.

It's always the ladies that don't know how to do their makeup that start talking about others! That was rude!

If that's how yuo looked when you were at that session, that woman is crazy.  I think  you look gorgeous.  

Perhaps she was just scanning the room and her gaze fell to yours.  Sometimes that happens and she wasn't really even looking at you.  I know when I do training sessions (not about makeup in any way), I glance around the room to check people's reactions...whether they looked confused or bored, etc.  I would think it be hard to know where to look if you are talking about someone wearing too much makeup without looking up into the sky.  

Have said that, she could also have been rude.  

Back