If You Had To Give Your Makeup Away, Who Would You Give It To?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If for whatever reason you just fell out of love with makeup completely, and had to give it away (not sell lol) who would you chose to give it away to?

hmmmm proabably my bfs sister.  No one in my family really uses makeup/is crazy about it

My little cousin she's 14, so she's just building up her stash! Everytime she comes over she asks what I'm gonna give her!

My mom- that way I can borrow it from her if I need to XD

but if I had to totally give it all away forever, I'd give it to best friend. She won't ruin it, unlike some of my other friends lol

If I ever fall out of love with makeup (won't ever happen), I'd donate all of my makeup items to charity. I feel it's a good way to give back to the society and it's also a reason I love having giveaways on my blog. Of course, I won't giveitems that are about to expire. I'd give the more recent buys that I own. I think every girl should own at least one makeup item as it makes us women feel powerful in some way or other. I feel that just because someone isn't rich enough to get makeup, or maybe she uses her money on other necessities, it does't mean that she doesn't have the right to be empowered in her own right as well.

xoxo,

Roxanne

I agree with the other Roxanne (that's my name too!).  I would definitely donate my makeup to charity.  None of my friends here are as passionate about makeup and nail polish as I am, so there really isn't anyone I'd want to give it to.  My best friend is totally different skintone wise so she's out.  Plus she's pretty persnickety.  I would try to find an organization that helps women find jobs. 

My 14 y/o cousin. She is obsessed with makeup. This Christmas I bought her the Tokidoki Sodashop palette. I already gave it to her, she loves it so much she carries it to school. I used to just give her the "generic" makeup sets from CVS or Walmart, but the Sodashop palette was $25, which isn't much more than the store-branded sets.

My younger cousin. She's 20, but is like a kid in a candy store whenever she comes to my house. She stays in my mirror and spends all day trying on everything.

Probably to a women's shelter. The women in those places are often coming out of abusive situations or have been dealing with homelessness for extended periods of time, so getting employed is often a priority for them. Having some basic cosmetics they can use to boost their confidence and make themselves look more presentable with goes a long way. Funny you brought this up because I've been going through my stuff lately and setting some aside for exactly that. Everybody else I know can afford to buy their own makeup and are not in dire straits like these women are, so let them get their own. Although I will be giving some mineral makeup products to my best friend as she has lupus and has developed allergies to most cosmetics. She also badly needs a boost, poor woman :-(

Latest posts

Back