Black Heads

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought a new black head remover, but it hurts so much when i use it.

Is there a special technique without getting red marks all over my face?! Sometimes i can see the black head and cant get it out because it just hurts too much!

Advice?!

What kind of blackhead removal tool are you using, is it a small wire/steel loop?

I tried that tool and it was very painful and didn't get anything out at all.

The biore pore strips for your nose are great!

It is hard to remove all residue causing blackheads as the pores are very, very small.

Keep your face clean and wash your makeup off everynight.

I recently graduated esthetics school. You should be very, VERY cautious when using the extractor (the metal implement with the loop at the end). You can get scars and it can swell the area and make it more painful. It can also rupture blood vessels and give you broken capillaries. Only a professional should use one or you should at least know how to use it/get it done professionally. Any way you use the extractor it might be painful, or you could be doing it wrong and it could be causing more pain. I hope this helped.

hello dear ...... prepare a mixture of water and baking soda. Massage the mixture over areas where you have blackheads. Rinse and then apply a light moisturizer. you will feel an amazing softness in your skin.

I have a ton of blackheads on my nose, and something that has worked pretty well is to use the Dr. Brandt vacuum cleaner on my nose followed by a Biore strip. I usually do this right after I get out of the shower. 

Sandalwood oil is really good for the skin, as is frankincense oil and ylang ylang. You can also spritz your face with the same alcohol free hydrosols during the day. If you use a foundation or primer with silicones/dimethicone etc in it, I'd personally start looking for different products. If I use products with those ingredients, my skin freaks out. My pores become blocked, I breakout frequently, and my skin just becomes irritated overall. I also notice that blackheads start showing up. I'm 43, definitely don't have the skin of a teenager, and this still happens to me. Mineral oil, lanolin & some other ingredients also do this to my skin. The only products I can tolerate those ingredients in are my eye shadows and lip products, but I try to avoid them when I can anyways.

I am using acne free sensitive, with face wash, toner and lotion. It.cleared up my pimples and greatly diminished my black heads on my nose! 

STEP AWAY FROM THE BLACKHEAD REMOVER!!

All Qualified Therapist will tell you we HATE this item... used in correct will leave you with pot holes & scare your skin for life ( my mum is the perfect example)

My tips for you would be...

1. Cleanse your skin (Always Double cleanse) The 1st removes make up, dirt and anything else sitting on your skin. The 2nd will actually clean & treat your skin

2. Use a gentle exfoliator I'd recommend Dermalogica Daily Micro foliant

3. Steam your face, paying attention to the area where there is blackheads ( Nose, cheeks, chin & forehead) Are usual places

4. Gently squeeze the blackhead out ( rolling the area instead of squuezing, will prevent your face turning red)

5. now use a thicker, more abrasive exfoliatior to get rid of the bacteria

6.splash your face with cold water to close the pores

7. Moisturise

Hope this helps you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by MsNicoleOlivia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

STEP AWAY FROM THE BLACKHEAD REMOVER!!

All Qualified Therapist will tell you we HATE this item... used in correct will leave you with pot holes & scare your skin for life ( my mum is the perfect example)

My tips for you would be...

1. Cleanse your skin (Always Double cleanse) The 1st removes make up, dirt and anything else sitting on your skin. The 2nd will actually clean & treat your skin

2. Use a gentle exfoliator I'd recommend Dermalogica Daily Micro foliant

3. Steam your face, paying attention to the area where there is blackheads ( Nose, cheeks, chin & forehead) Are usual places

4. Gently squeeze the blackhead out ( rolling the area instead of squuezing, will prevent your face turning red)

5. now use a thicker, more abrasive exfoliatior to get rid of the bacteria

6.splash your face with cold water to close the pores

7. Moisturise

Hope this helps you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I second this one. If you do nothing else, do step 1 as it does make a difference. 

I concur! Acnefree is the bomb. It's very similar to ProActive, but soooo much cheaper. I used to have blackheads all over my cheeks and jawline, now they're gone.

Originally Posted by Mysticcrystal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am using acne free sensitive, with face wash, toner and lotion. It.cleared up my pimples and greatly diminished my black heads on my nose! 

Use the laser black head removal. It is a pain free black head removal machine and with an affordable price.

Originally Posted by khoobsurati /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hello dear ...... prepare a mixture of water and baking soda. Massage the mixture over areas where you have blackheads. Rinse and then apply a light moisturizer. you will feel an amazing softness in your skin.

hey this is really useful...

Hey girls don't go for any other cosmetic products, since they can side effect also. Use only natural cosmetics such as home made recipe or you can use Dr. Elisha's natural product which gives you effective result.

**link removed by mod**

I myself suffer from rather severe acne and blackheads and I already applied various treatments and home remedies without having great results. I am going to test these recommendations, makes sense to me. I hope I will get some results.

Back