Beauty Army

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
They're launching in January... is it too early to start a new thread about them?  

Does anyone have any opinions on their brands?  It's mostly skincare, and I haven't heard of any of them, but looking at the info on them I'm interested. 

http://www.beautyarmy.com/brands

I like how they give the option of picking your samples so that way you ensure you'll like what your getting.

I'm not too crazy about the brands they're working with though.

I'd probably sign up if it were geared more toward makeup.  I get enough of a selection from Birchbox in skincare.  If I were going to sign up for another subscription I'd want it to be more makeup related.

I've never heard of most of the brands they carry however I LOVE that you can pick your own samples.  It is a bummer for people that like to be surprised every month though

I'm hoping they'll have more brands up by the time they launch.  If they get more of a mix of cosmetics & skincare at that time, it might be possible to pick out all cosmetics or all skincare samples depending on preference.

Im also going to try this sub service out. I like that its mostly skincareas i have a ton of makeup already and usually the shades sent out are either not my taste or look like poo on me.

again, ads exclusively display makeup and nothing else, but the company list suggests that you'll be getting mostly skincare stuff. I like the fact that you can choose though!

Interesting question.. I was hoping they were planning to send out the first boxes in January! I guess that might be a little too fast to expect.

Originally Posted by jayeldubya /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are they launching January 1st to send out their first box in Feb?

Are they launching January 1st to send out their first box in Feb?
Nope, in January.

Beauty Army

Your Kit will arrive within 10 days of choosing your first set of samples. After that, you will receive an email each month on the day that you initially subscribed allowing you to choose your next set of samples. Once you choose, your next kit will be at your house within 10 days. If you don't feel like choosing that month, you will receive a set of samples selected by our experts for you 15 days from when you received that month's email.

I'll probably give this a shot, and may prune another subscription (here's looking at GoGoGirlfriend)...

I'm still debating if I want to try this out. I have Birchbox and MyGlam.

Ditto. I think I am going to wait to see how January and February go for both everyone then decide which I truly want to keep.

Okay girls, here's the information I got.

You get to choose what comes in your kit between makeup, skin care, hair, nails, and fragrance.  In the future, they're planning on making it so you might just be able to choose from a single category only if you want.  (so, if you want an "all makeup" kit, they're planning on making it so you'll be able to do just that, although you might not be able to in the beginning stages.)

The smallest samples they offer right now are "twist off" packets that allow 3-4 uses, but the majority allow for weeks of usage, some items will be full sized.   If you want a surprise, you can let them send you 6 mystery samples.  If you don't want a surprise (have you gotten too many dud boxes from other services?), you can choose all of your samples.   She also told me if you don't want to choose your entire kit you don't have to, but I'm waiting to hear back again to see if that means they'll finish your kit for you, or if you just get the ones you chose if you don't pick out a full kit.  (I'm not sure if you choose 3, if you get your 3 + 3 surprise items, or if you just get the 3 items.  That would be neat if they did that though, cause then you can choose some items you REALLY want then still be surprised by the rest!)

P.S. psssst, don't tell anyone, but I'm trying to set something up for our lovely MakeupTalk members, but they said that since they're just starting out it might be February or March before they're ready for it.

Thanks for all of this information- it's really helpful!!    Did she happen to say if when you're choosing your samples, you're told what the size of the sample is?  Cause it would be a bummer if some people chose 6 samples that all happened to be the smallest size, and other people chose 6 samples that were medium sized or full sized...

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay girls, here's the information I got.

You get to choose what comes in your kit between makeup, skin care, hair, nails, and fragrance.  In the future, they're planning on making it so you might just be able to choose from a single category only if you want.  (so, if you want an "all makeup" kit, they're planning on making it so you'll be able to do just that, although you might not be able to in the beginning stages.)

The smallest samples they offer right now are "twist off" packets that allow 3-4 uses, but the majority allow for weeks of usage, some items will be full sized.   If you want a surprise, you can let them send you 6 mystery samples.  If you don't want a surprise (have you gotten too many dud boxes from other services?), you can choose all of your samples.   She also told me if you don't want to choose your entire kit you don't have to, but I'm waiting to hear back again to see if that means they'll finish your kit for you, or if you just get the ones you chose if you don't pick out a full kit.  (I'm not sure if you choose 3, if you get your 3 + 3 surprise items, or if you just get the 3 items.  That would be neat if they did that though, cause then you can choose some items you REALLY want then still be surprised by the rest!)

P.S. psssst, don't tell anyone, but I'm trying to set something up for our lovely MakeupTalk members, but they said that since they're just starting out it might be February or March before they're ready for it.

Latest posts

Back