Foundation for Winter

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for a foundation that suits my skin needs in winter. I do have sensitive skin that reacts to most products ingredients. I wear Mineral Makeup Foundation and it works really, really, well...it however can be a bit drying when it's polar bear cold outside. My skin tends to dry, flake, and go a little haywire in the winter. Also to add to the mix I am skoosh acne-prone. Moisturizing my skin really helps! Keeps everything in check. However, I do like to jazz up my face when I go out. Where to start? I haven't worn a liquid tint/foundation in years. I would prefer a liquid foundation as I would set it with powder. Though a cream to powder would be fine as well. I have some pigment problems and past acne marks I would like to cover. Any suggestions I would be so grateful!

I think you can never go wrong with Revlon colorstay.  OR you can mix your mineral foundation with lotion and wear it as a tinted moisturizer.  You can also control the coverage depending on how much powder you use

I have Very dry skin all year round and lately I have bought revlon colorstay, but tbh It just makes my skin look a bit flakier.. what I love is my BB creams.. I have about 6 of them. lol and I usually always pick up my Skin79 pink or gold vip. Not a lot of coverage but enough to even out your skin.. works really well if you're fair like me.. It helps with skin problems and you could always put your mineral makeup over it for coverage.

Hope I helped!

BB creams!? I need to educated on this particular make-up product. I'm intrigued! This could be my new addition to my make-up routine. My concerns are for moisture without reaction. So I will have to do my homework on brands and ingredients! Thank you for info. Helps a lot. Thank you, thank you.

BB creams were created for people with highly sensitive skin after surgeries. I've never had a breakout, in fact I have less, and they're highly moisturizing. I love them! They help cover the red spots on my face but my real skin shines through. I'm a HUGE bb cream advocate lol. So I really hope they help you. You'd have to do lots of research to find one with more coverage if you want it.. certain ones don't have a color and will oxidize to match your skin others will dry to a color. They're permanent in my routine and are becoming more prominent in the US. So hopefully they won't be such a hidden gem anymore.

BB Cream would probably be a great option...I haven't tried them, but from what I've read about them, they sound fabulous (and I have extremely dry skin too)

I might also suggest the Estee' Lauder Double Lite Wear (for a light application) It had been my go to for so long! During the winter it's my favorite because it is fairly dewy when it dries and doesn't break me out (I have sensitive skin too). Before committing to it, I would definitely ask for a sample. =) The reason I don't use it anymore is because their color selections are now too light or too dark for me. =[

I love my Missha BB Cream!!!!! However, it can skew your face color to a very light shade (and even gray).  What I've been using since switching from my Laura Geller Balance N Brighten is Neutrogena Healthy Skin.  Its lightweight, very moisturizing and leaves a fresh dewey look to my face.  Give it a shot : ) 

Latest posts

Back