Better health through chemistry y'all!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am so glad I went to the doctor.  I had been feeling so low, blue, depressed, sad, worthless, etc. etc. etc., but I already take antidepressants so I figured it was my PMDD or something.  Well, I had a three month long stint and nearly lost my mind.  I went to the doctor, explained how I felt, he doubled one of my meds and viola~  the difference is absolutely amazing.  I feel like a different person...

I hate depression and all that goes with it.  I hate PMDD and all that goes with that.  I hate when the two intersect and make me wish I was dead.  Whew.  I could not see the sun.  I couldn't figure out what to do to make life worth living again.  Because it wasn't.  At all.  Looking back, I realize I was scared to death the last three months.  Scared because I didn't want to think that there was nothing in this world that could possibly make me happy. 

Thanks doc.

My Christmas tree is up, lights on the house, some presents bought, and life is worth living.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm glad you feel better now =)  I have been on antidepressants for 3 years, and will probably never go off them (genetics).  I almost took my life 3 years ago but sought help at the last minute.  Depression is hard and no one should feel that way.  Sometimes medication is necessary and people should not be afraid of it.  Last year, after my sister and nephew were killed in a car accident, I had to have my dose doubled as well.  Life is hard and its so good that you went back to your doctor when you knew you needed help!  =)

There are still hard times that make you feel like you cant be happy, but then something happens that makes life worth living, and its those moments that everyone should live for.

Thanks so much for your encouraging words!!!  So many people are of the "just get over it" thinking and don't realize that with major depressive disorder, you don't "just get over it".  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Exactly, sometimes your feelings are completely out of your control, and some people just dont understand that your brain chemistry plays a large roll in your feelings.  It is also hard work to work your way out of a depression.  It is definitely not something you can just "get over".  Friends and families support is so important as well and I know that without it, I may not have been able to overcome my own depression.  Us gals need to support eachother =)

Originally Posted by RoxRae /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks so much for your encouraging words!!!  So many people are of the "just get over it" thinking and don't realize that with major depressive disorder, you don't "just get over it".  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks so much!  It is absolutely amazing to me how different I feel.  Wow.  It is like daylight & dark.  Literally!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am happy that you have found something that is working for you! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Working with your doctor to find the correct dose is important and it was brave and couragous of you to seek the help you needed. If you ever need to talk or vent we are always here for you!

Back