Oil Cleansing for Long Wear Makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do y'all use any kind of oil cleanser to remove long wear makeup?  Years ago I tried Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation and when the sales associate recommended their cleanser, I said no.  IDIOT!  I broke out so bad I had to go without makeup for like six weeks.  It was awful.  Fast forward a few years... I learned about oil cleansing to remove the long wear foundation!  I started using DHC Cleansing Oil immediately and I have been so happy with the results.  It removes the long wear foundation, eye makeup, everything.  I follow it with another cleanser (Olay or philosophy Purity) and I haven't had any trouble with breaking out at all.  Other than my normal monthly breakout that is.  I was really worried about using an oil on my already extremely oily skin, but it has not made it more oily at all. 

My question is, if anyone else uses oil, have you tried the St. Ives oil cleanser?  It is much less expensive than the DHC.  I ordered some today from drugstore.com and am hoping for good results.

I'd love to hear other oil cleansing stories and products.  I'm trying to find relatively inexpensive products to replace some of the pricier things.

Here's a couple of threads:

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/40402/oil-cleansing-method

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/92121/anyone-tried-the-oil-cleansing-method

I've never tried St Yves but I do make my own which is cheaper and more effective than any I've purchased.  Its called the Oil Cleansing Method.  You make your oil concoction based on  your own requirements.  I make mine from castor, jojoba and hempseed oil. It takes off all my makeup but doesn't leave me greasy and it will eventually normalize your skin so it'll be neither dry nor oily.  Best of all, it has no preservatives, and it is cheap. Other combinations are grapeseed oil and jojoba or sweet almond.  Castor and olive oil; castor, jojoba and grapeseed.  

I use my cooking olive oil to remove makeup, followed by my regular foaming cleanser. I think it works just great as a cleasing oil.

Originally Posted by patsluv /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use my cooking olive oil to remove makeup, followed by my regular foaming cleanser. I think it works just great as a cleasing oil.
I agree, I use EVOO and its the best make up remover I've spent money on yet. Plus it helps moisturize the skin. Also great for the hair. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If you find olive oil is a little too oily, you can mix it with grapeseed or castor oil.  It'll increase its ability to remove makeup.

Originally Posted by patsluv /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Back