Multiple Layers of False Lashes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
HOLY COW ladies!!!

I haven't been online in AGES! how are we all? I missed you all! I hope everyone is great!

I was just reading an interesting article in the newspaper today... an article about how to apply false lashes.

Anyway, part of the article was discussing multiple layers of false lashes.

Have any of you tried this? Or can point me towards some pictures of celebs (or themselves) wearing multi layered?

How would you even glue them on? Do you apply the first layer, then wait for it to dry, apply the next? or do you stick your falsies together first, and then apply them to the lash line?

Tell me everything!

I did this for a look once and it was uncomfortable.  I felt  like i was wearing blinders or something.   Yeah you just apply each layer like you applied the first one

Rosie!!! I'm popping in too while I'm on school break :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I've never tried using multiple layers but I think for it to even be remotely comfortable you'd have to use sets of very thin natural lashes. But then why not just use a good thick pair lol?

thanks ladies!

I guess it's supposed to look more... fluttery that way? I just kind of wanted to see or hear what it was like! I couldn't imagine it!

And Adrienne! I hope you're well chicken!

I'm good :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />! Taking a nice break this week from work, sleeping in, trying to figure out how to reorganize my vanity area. How've you been?

I think Hollyannaeree or however you spell it uses multiple sets. Never tried it myself.

I've done it a lot, mostly for times when I really need an impact

You really do have to be an experienced lash wearer to be able to handle it though, because it can get heavy.  I like the look because it's harder to tell that you have false lashes on (in my mind anyway) because it doesn't look like you've got that single row of perfectly spaced, perfectly sized, perfectly matching length lashes.

I kind of...just put one on top of another as I'm putting the glue on (I use strip lashes for this, of course), and kind of apply it as though it were one really thick false lash.  I try to get two different types: one where the lashes are thicker and go straight out, and one that the lashes are thinner and criss cross.  I feel like it helps to hide my own lashes and hide the fact that I'm wearing lashes, instead of having the perfect lashes on top and my natural lashes on bottom, because there are 3 layers (2 false and 1 my own) of lashes that don't all match each other.

Thanks Letty and Anelle.

I didn't think of trying to apply them that way.

I'd say I was fairly experienced with lashes, but I think I'll stick to one layer.

It's my work christmas party lunch, so I don't want to look crazy over the top :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I used to do these for photos/work!  I would usually pair a long lash with a lash that was more voluminous, that way I would get length + volume.  I would glue the two lashes together, wait for them to dry, and then apply that strip onto my lid as I would with a single lash strip.

I've tried this. I tried this one night for a club where I had one pair of lashes on and then glue demi lashes on the outer corner of my top lashes so they would give more a dramatic flared out look. I don't think I can pull it off in the day time though.

Latest posts

Back