Why did you start wearing makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I always wore makeup in high school, but when I got to undergrad I just got so lazy as far as doing any extra prep in the mornings, so my collection went untouched for the past few years.

However, I started grad school this past August, and once I found out I was the baby of my program (a lot of people in my cohort are around 30, I was 22 when I started), I decided to really make an effort to put on makeup and look put together and polished in hopes that people would think that I'm actually a little older than I am. I also found out that I will likely be teaching an undergraduate class next fall, and since I'm not that much older than the people who would be taking the class, I think looking like I'm on top of my game will help me establish and maintain respect and authority. 

Just curious-- when and why did you start wearing makeup? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I started wearing make up because it made me look older than I looked without.  Without makeup at 16, I looked 12 so it went on from there.  

I had bad skin in high school and went through a ton of different concealers and foundations (some of them looked HORRIBLE, thinking back on it).  I became more interested in other more fun things like lip and eye makeup once my skin started clearing up in college.  I think somehow it just wasn't fun to spend time doing up my eyes when I hated the way my face looked.

Back