eye primer???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have looked everywhere to find elf eye primer and still cant find any, would anyone know where i could get it besides the internet, and if so what color should i get i know theres like 3 or 4 different colors but i havent ever used it and im tried of my eyeshadow creasing. and too i have really oily eyelids so i thought elf would be a great primer to try

I don't know how much money you're willing to drop on a primer, but I really love using MAC's paint pot in Painterly as my eyeshadow primer. I have super oily and greasy eyelids that eyeshadows typically just slide off of within an hour, but this stuff has kept everything on and in place!

I searched the Web and found great reviews (mostly on YouTube) on a eyeshadow primer from Lime Crime. It really is amazing. Before trying Lime Crime, I was using Urban Decay primer potion. Lime Crime is $17....it was $22 with shipping and you need very little....I have a feeling its going to last me a long time. Sent using Tapatalk

They sell primers at Sally's beauty for like $7.  I have one from flawless beauty that I use and it works decent for me.

Doesn't Target carry the ELF primers?  I know they carry other ELF items but cant recall if I've seen the primer there.

There are also a lot of videos on youtube with various recipes for making it at home with heavy lotions and foundations.

This one is oily skin specific.

I agree with ladygrey, the MAC Paint Pots, particularly Painterly, have been the best for me - especially because its so close to the eye area, be careful of making your own... you don't want to become infected by having a product not meant for the eye area made into a primer. Better to use something that's been tested :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Painterly is a pricier primer, but lasts a while for me, and I wear shadow every day!

We put it in our kits too, so if the pros use it... ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ok ill try sally's and target, but thank you girls and yea i was going to make my own but i am very afriad of getting an infection so thats why i havent tried it yet, but today my eyeshadow has stayed on almost all day, and only thing i have used is my foundation and concealer, but i still want to get primer, but i dont want to spend over $12 for primer. i think thats a little much for me. so yea lol

A MAC paint pot is only $17.50, and they last forever. On my lazy days, sometimes I just leave painterly on there without shadow. 

Good luck on your search for a primer! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I usually use a foundation mixed with concealer. It works just as well as an eyeprimer, and you don't have to pay anything!

Back