Tarte or Maybelline?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hoping I could get some feedback on these two products:
Maybelline Dream SMOOTH Mousse (not the matte)
Tarte Smooth Operator.

Scratch the Maybelline...for now. Their lightest shade is still to dark for me. Plus the shade has way to strong of pink undertones for my likey. Maybe in summer my opinion will change. Though I'm still interested in the Tarte. Looks promising for light, tint, worn under powder?

I'm pretty sure the Maybelline mouse foundations have oil in them so if you have oily skin they are terrible.  I know the matte one for sure has oil.

lol why formulate a matte foundation with oil? Silly willy Maybelline.

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm pretty sure the Maybelline mouse foundations have oil in them so if you have oily skin they are terrible.  I know the matte one for sure has oil.

Originally Posted by 13Bluestar97 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I prefer the Maybelline- I've used the Tarte before and it was awful
What did you not like?

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not oily. Dry. Dry. Dry. I was thinking it was leaning more towards a water-silicone-based foundation. I see glycerin. I'm okay with that. It works well with my skin. The color selection is less than stellar. Actually it doesn't make sense?
Ingredients:

Water, Dimethicone, Cyclopentsiloxane, isotridecyl, isononanoate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Polymethylsilses Quioxane, Candelilla Cera Wax, Peg-9 Polydimethylxiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium Stearoyl, Glutamate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopherol, Propeylene Glycol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopherol, Propylene Glycol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Royal Jelly, Royal Jelly Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Extract/Matricaria Flower Extract

yeah I've always been disappointed with Maybelline foundation color selection.  I even hear bad things about the Fit Me

I use Tarte Smooth Operator everyday. I still find that I need moisturizor, but that's ok. The colors are perfect. The formula absorbs into my skin beautifully, and I go over it with the matching amazonian clay powder. I totally recommend it. Only tinted moisturizer I've found that doesn't go orange on my cool skin tone.

I didn't like it at all. I have combination skin, so I have a very oily forehead, nose and chin, but I have super dry cheeks and it's hard to find a balance. It was okay on my cheeks for the dry part but it completely failed on the oily parts of my face where all the breakouts are that I am trying to conceal with foundation.

Originally Posted by indiegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What did you not like?

Not oily. Dry. Dry. Dry. I was thinking it was leaning more towards a water-silicone-based foundation. I see glycerin. I'm okay with that. It works well with my skin. The color selection is less than stellar. Actually it doesn't make sense?
Ingredients:

Water, Dimethicone, Cyclopentsiloxane, isotridecyl, isononanoate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Polymethylsilses Quioxane, Candelilla Cera Wax, Peg-9 Polydimethylxiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium Stearoyl, Glutamate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopherol, Propeylene Glycol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopherol, Propylene Glycol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Royal Jelly, Royal Jelly Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Extract/Matricaria Flower Extract

Back