FOTD December 19, 2011

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Eyes:

ELF Eyelid Primer

NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder - Brunette

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette - Bootycall, YDK and Busted

Wet N Wild Megalast Eyeliner - Blackest Black

Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara - Black

Face:

Rimmel 25 Hour Foundation - 201 Classic Beige

Color Science Mineral Foundation - Medium

The Elegant Collection - Bronzer

ELF Studio Blush - Gotta Glow

Laura Geller Blush - Apricot Berry

Lips:

Jordana Easyliner - Baby Berry

ELF Lipstick - Voodoo

@Jean- Love the look. The lipstick is a great color on you.

@RainbowBrite- So amazing. Love the colors. I hope this doesn't creep you out, but I really look forward to seeing your FOTD's.

I'm running out of compliments for you Jean because you've had so many FOTDs! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Awesome look, Rainbow! Out of curiosity do you wear that to school or work or something?

@Jean, I agree its hard to come up with more compliments because your look is always so flawless! ... still managed to sneak in a compliment there lol... anyhow... One thing I would love to see you try is maybe cutting your crease higher than what it is naturally. Maybe doing a very bright colour on the lid and a darker contrasting or complimentary colour in the fake crease... or something altogether different. Please don't take this as a criticism in anyway, just a suggestion that popped into my head! <3!!!

@Rainbow... definitely love the contrasting Orange and Blue... not a combo many would attempt but it looks amazing! <3!!!

I don't take it as criticism at all!!  I kinda get an idea of what you mean about the crease and colors, but if you could show me I'd be really grateful!  I don't mind getting tips and hints from you girls.  There is literally no one in my life who is into makeup and nails the way I am who can help me out and do this stuff with.  I've never had girlfriends who played around with their makeup and came up with new looks.  My mom was never into makeup.  I've always been on my own trying to figure this stuff out.  You girls are "my people" when it comes to this stuff.  I look forward to your input and I welcome your suggestions!  Like, lately I've been experimenting more with bronzer and highlighter for contouring and I would love you girls input on it.  It's a territory that is a little foreign to me and I don't feel very confident with it yet.

Oh, and just so  you girls know, I really don't get my feelings hurt if I don't get compliments on my looks everyday.  I'm a Forum Mod and this is "my forum" so I post my looks each day to help encourage others to do so as well.  You really don't need to feel like you have to compliment my looks every day.  I do appreciate your kind words very much tho.

Originally Posted by Slinkycats /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@Jean, I agree its hard to come up with more compliments because your look is always so flawless! ... still managed to sneak in a compliment there lol... anyhow... One thing I would love to see you try is maybe cutting your crease higher than what it is naturally. Maybe doing a very bright colour on the lid and a darker contrasting or complimentary colour in the fake crease... or something altogether different. Please don't take this as a criticism in anyway, just a suggestion that popped into my head! <3!!!

@Rainbow... definitely love the contrasting Orange and Blue... not a combo many would attempt but it looks amazing! <3!!!

@jean LOL! I didn't mean I don't want to compliment you lol... actually I feel the same way. No one in my family and very small circle of friends are into beauty and makeup and I am also very much just learning and starting out... still just an enthusiast... for illustrating I will see what I can do but Rainbow's look here is somewhat like what I was talking about, although you can do this in neutrals as well. So on the eyelid you could use a light beige, or even lighter colour, and then for your faux crease you could use a dark taupe, and looking straight into the mirror with your eyes open (because you have hooded lids), and take a clean crease brush and just touch the area of your upper eyelid/brow area and that's where you want to create the faux crease. SO with the darker colour, you just lightly draw in your crease colour and blend upwards, not downwards... that's the key to this look, you can still make the cat eye look with this method too, you can blend the darker colour on the outer v only for this look, and then you have the option of using the same light colour for your mobile lid and your highlight or using a lighter colour...

Here's a website that sort of shows this, more geared towards asian eyes: http://bunbunmakeuptips.com/crease-and-contour-eyeshadow-asian-eyes-vs-caucasian-eyes/

I will see if I can find a pic somewhere, or if I can re-create what I am talking about lol...

Actually if you go far enough down in that article it tells you and shows you exactly where to put your crease, normally where you would put your contour colour... and it has some really good eye charts as well. 
yess.gif

I thought that might be what you were talking about. I actually have a video tutorial that is very similar. I did this for a while and when looking in the mirror it looked great but in photos it made my eyes look more closed. I'll do my FOTD tomorrow with this technique. Maybe I'm just being to critical of myself. I'll let you girls decide if it looks good! :0)

Actually if you go far enough down in that article it tells you and shows you exactly where to put your crease, normally where you would put your contour colour... and it has some really good eye charts as well.
yess.gif

@Rocket, not at all :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thank you!
@Jean thank you, an I didnt even notice that!
@Bluestar, yes work and or school I do. I wear it all over.
@Slinky thank you, I wasnt sure if I would like the combo but after I did.

I'm going to start participating in this FOTD thing...I've been too shy. I suppose because at 34 years old, I am just now staying to wear makeup. I am not confident in my skills. @Jean: in one of the posts I read that you live in Louisiana...I don't think we are too too fast from one another (I live in Alexandria)...I too have no friends that are a nerdy about their makeup as I am. I totally love makeup. Maybe we could set up a "play date". LOL! Sent using Tapatalk

Back