Bronzer Brushes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just bought a bronzer, but I don't know what sort of brush I should use for it.

I never really wear blush so the only brush I have is this elf one I bought years ago; it's fine for applying highlighters and it's ok for blushes, but I find it's a little too streaky for bronzers--I want something that will give me a more blended/airbrushed look so I don't have drag-queen cheeks lol.

Should I look into kabuki brushes or fan brushes for applying bronzer?Or is there another style that works best? What about blushes? Are there any decent brushes under like $15? Thanks!

the ecotools brozer blush is way too big for bronzer IMO, but they do have a nice, angled blush brush which is great for bronzer! as far as i know it only comes in a set of  5 brushes, but that one is only around $12!

The Kabuki Brush Hi Everyone, 

For me, the bronzing brush that stands the test of time is the Kabuki Brush.  This brush is tightly packed with soft bristles that have a rounded finish, perfect for buffing, blending, and contouring.  I like using Studio Gear Cosmetics' Kabuki Brush.  

Today, I needed some extra color and contouring to make up for a long night.  

To achieve this look, use the Kabuki Brush to pick up your bronzer (I used MAC bronzer), tap off the excess and blend in a soft circular motion around the outer lines of your face.  

Areas to cover for your base:

• Temples
  • Forehead 
  • Around your ear
  • Jawline
  • Blend jawline into neckline

Note: Bronze more around your jaw and neckline to achieve a slimmer appearance in your face. Always remember to blend!

One you have the base set, you will need to work on the contouring.  Cover these areas for the contouring:

• Run your Kabuki brush from the temple, in a downward angle toward your  the halfway point between your mouth and tip of your nose. 
  • Slightly dust your nose and chin.  You want to emphasize any point on your face that the sun hits most, to give this a natural feel.  
  • To finish your look, dab your Kabuki Brush into blush. Today, I used Nars Orgasm. Tap off the excess and dabble the apples of your cheeks with the brush. Use your Kabuki Brush to softly blend into your bronzer.

This one brush will have you bronzed, blushed, and ready to rock!

Back