Please Help!! Looking for the right shad of lip gloss/lip stick for my skin tone

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need some help picking out a good everyday color for my lips. I have a light medium to dark medium skin tone with olive undertones and chocolate brown hair with olive green/hazel eyes. As you can see the natural color of my lips are darker, I guess a berry color. I would like specifically to find a nice nude shade, as well as a good red and berry shade. But if anyone has any other opinions I'd love to hear them!

By the way the very last picture is the most current. Sorry for the bad quality

I hear that Target has all the Revlon Colorburst lipsticks on clearance now, they are so cheap you could just get a bunch and try them all until you find the shades you like best. CVS is also having a clearance including some Colorbursts, Super Lustrous, and other brands and types of lipsticks. I think there is one called Soft Rose, and that seems like it might be a good match for you.

You could stop off at a department store and visit a few counters and ask for samples. DON'T let them give you any from the testers!!! They should have pre-made sample packages. You can then take the colour you like and match it up to a brand you like.

Good luck.

PS ... You have a pretty smile and teeth. I'm super jealous!
happy.gif

NYX is on sale at ULTA I believe... They're lipsticks are great and like $3, Might go try several different ones there...

I think you could get away with anything... I have a similar tone to my skin and I wear everything except candy pink which I think makes everyone looks sickly

The colour Mauve jumped right out at me!

Revlon - Mad About Mauve

Maybelline - Truly Mauve

A nice gold-flecked mauvy pink to consider is L'Oreal's Pucker Up Pink

Hope these help

I am really into red wine or black cherry colors atm and have a similar skin tone was always told that warm is my color and light pinks or peaches are for pale skin tones and reds and purples compliment mine better, :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back