Project 10 Pan --> Project Get Rid of Loads of Junk

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, originally I was just going to do a project 10 pan, but I took the time to clean out our bathroom today and...oh.my.goodness.

Not only do I have a ton of makeup, I have a ton of skincare, hygiene, perfume, and other misc beauty products that I need to work on getting rid of before I buy more. I also have a load of samples and travel sizes of items that I should work on--I'm one of those people that takes all of the stuff from hotels, so I have a decent amount of hotel soaps. 

Instead of focusing solely on makeup, I'm going to focus on working on getting through everything I've got. At the end of every month, I'm going to post a picture of and list all of the products that I did manage to finish and I'll fess up about anything that I did purchase. I was going to go on a strict no-buy, but I've discovered that buying absolutely nothing isn't really going to work for me, so I'm going to focus on really, really cutting down on what I buy, and making sure that the vast majority of any beauty products that I buy are things that I actually need.

Wish me luck, and hopefully I'll have some people join in!

Good luck!  I totally understand as I also recently went through all my stuff and found many gems such as two barely used bottles of perfume that I've probably had for 4 or 5 years.  

The idea of project 10 pan is a pretty simple idea that can work for so many different things. I was cleaning out my kitchen cupboards and there are so many canned foods in there just gathering dust. I buy things for recipes that I only sometimes get around to making. So I have a lot of random ingredients for recipes long forgotten or lost.  I think I'm going to try and use this stuff up instead of letting it sit there until it expires. I should probably do the same to my bathroom drawers. I'm not even sure what is in some of them. I think I need to work on less conspicuous consumption and more mindful shopping. That's one of the things I like about a new year, a clean slate and the opportunity to start fresh.

TacomaGirl, that's an awesome idea! I might have to apply this to my kitchen pantry as well, specifically to teas and drink mixes. Our pantry isn't huge, but these items do take up an entire shelf by themselves. This is something that needs to be added to my project declutter beauty products. 

Back